Forums » The Lounge

Do you play any instruments? If so, what is the most recent song

• 360 posts
    April 7, 2014 5:52 PM EDT

Question above, I personally play the guitar, and have been for the past two years or so. Recently I got more into it though, since I discovered a style that I particularly enjoy playing. 

Here is the one I learned most recently, my favorite also

• 1913 posts
    April 7, 2014 6:07 PM EDT
    I used to play the flute. I still know how to... only classical stuff like Mozart.
    • 490 posts
    April 7, 2014 6:12 PM EDT
    I play (most I had to learn to play) flute (some picc), oboe, clarinet, alto saxophone, bassoon, horn, trumpet (main instrument), trombone, baritone, tuba, snare drum, drum set, xylo (various keyboards), piano, guitar, harmonica, ukulele, violin, cello, double bass (no viola), bass guitar, and the theremin.
    • 360 posts
    April 7, 2014 6:18 PM EDT

That is quite a lot, any songs you particularly like?

• 360 posts
    April 7, 2014 6:20 PM EDT

I'm now imagining you frolicking around a landscape while playing your dubstep violin tunes...

Sorry, after listening to the cox n crendor podcast on the dubstep didgeridoo I can't get that thought out of my head 

Edit: Here is where that is from

• 1913 posts
    April 7, 2014 6:47 PM EDT
    Blame people like Lindsay Sterling and others who use dubstep + violin
    • 1217 posts
    April 7, 2014 6:57 PM EDT

Trumpet, and a bit of piano. I also completely succumbed to my inner nerd and bought a (blue) six hole ocarina a couple years back. I ended up getting a 12 hole as well, just for better range, but I haven't messed with it much. Last thing I started learning to play was The Parting Glass. That was a pretty great song, by the way, Soneca.

• 700 posts
    April 7, 2014 6:58 PM EDT

I play the drums.  I have a janky electronic set, but soon as I'm able to, I want to get an acoustic set.  I had almost completed learning "Sad But True" by Metallica when I messed up my leg and I can no longer sit on the throne.  I might just have to power through the pain!

• 127 posts
    April 7, 2014 6:58 PM EDT

Guitar mostly, occasionally piano.  Currently trying to learn Wrecking ball by Nick Gallant and the other inferior one by you-know-who on guitar.

• 74 posts
    April 7, 2014 7:42 PM EDT

I used to play the bagpipes. Yeah, I was that guy.... Then I broke my hands and no longer have enough fine muscle control at the necessary speed.

I can sing, though. Last song I sang was The Minstrel Boy.

• 1217 posts
    April 7, 2014 8:03 PM EDT

Nothing but love for the brothers (or sisters) that play the pipes. I had a roommate that did a couple of years ago. One time my other roommate and I invited him to practice behind us while we played Halo matchmaking. Mics on, of course. Yeah, we were those guys. It was epic.

• 87 posts
    April 7, 2014 8:44 PM EDT

I play the tenor saxophone for six years. My favorite is Prairie Plains. At least, that's what I think it's called. It's a honor band piece and I keep forgetting the folder at school. It's a complicated piece that keeps switching between 6/8 time and 3/8 time.  

• 51 posts
    April 7, 2014 9:23 PM EDT

I play guitar and bass (most notably in Dreaded Silence, melodic/doom metal).  The latest songs I've been learning are Stargazer and Long Live Rock N' Roll by Rainbow, for a cover set later this year.  First time I've played bass in a while, pretty fun.

• 106 posts
    April 7, 2014 9:34 PM EDT
    Guitar. The most recent song I learned is Strobe by Deadmau5 (someone on YouTube was kind enough to interpret the piano/synth onto a guitar)
    • 249 posts
    April 7, 2014 10:04 PM EDT
    "My Hear Will Go On"- keys and vox #tears #heartstrings #@demfeels
    • 249 posts
    April 7, 2014 10:07 PM EDT
    Damn! Renaissance man right here, folks!
  • April 7, 2014 11:15 PM EDT

Piano. I play pretty advanced stuff. Learning a few by Mendelssohn and CEO Bach.

• 56 posts
    April 8, 2014 2:09 AM EDT
    I havent touched a guitar for... 5-ish years? Ha ha. I cant even remember the last time I did.

I'd like to play the violin though, so I can play those classic music Ive been listening to myself. :-)
    • 61 posts
    April 8, 2014 2:50 AM EDT

I've played guitar for about 7 years, mostly play rock, grunge or ambient type stuff.