Forums » The Lounge

The Character Build Deathmatch

• 739 posts
    April 5, 2014 11:58 AM EDT

Welcome to the Character Build Deathmatch!

Each week 6 builds from the dark bowels of the Bloodworks are belched up and pitted against each other in a 24 hour battle for survival. The winner gets to live to fight another day, the losers however are served instant death.

This week the following 6 builds have been dragged into the arena for your entertainment!

Any build that scrapes 20 likes during the course of the match will progress into the next rank and will naturally escape death.

The Runes Guardian by Jose Manual

Raven Meridius by Athelia Nyrenth

The Arcane Assassin by SacredAssassin

Necromancer by Caina Lima

The Twilight Magician by Nears

The Operative of Order by TOPS

Have fun reading and don't forget to vote in the poll for your favourite!

• 75 posts
    April 5, 2014 12:06 PM EDT

Meh most of them are pretty bad, but the Twilight Magician seems to be the best of them so it has my vote.

• 55 posts
    April 5, 2014 12:27 PM EDT
    I see you decided to switch up some of the colors on the banner and poll this week ;)
    • 485 posts
    April 5, 2014 1:14 PM EDT

The Operative of Order has amazing roleplay and backstory, but next to no build. His work ought to be moved to the appropriate section if it hasnt been done already. The Twilight Magician is another one I liked. The distinction between dawn and dusk magic is something I found interesting, as well as trying to make the most out of the Khajiit's night vision. 

• 739 posts
    April 5, 2014 2:03 PM EDT
    Notes section is fairly limited so I added a little animation to it yeah. Should be annoying enough to catch people's attention hopefully!
    • 268 posts
    April 5, 2014 3:17 PM EDT
    Definitely the Twilight Magician. Can't believe that was in the bloodworks in the first place.
    • 167 posts
    April 5, 2014 3:25 PM EDT

I think it's got to be over 2 months old and in the bloodworks.

• 739 posts
    April 5, 2014 3:25 PM EDT
    Not random, I target threads with under 10 comments...
    • 622 posts
    April 5, 2014 5:39 PM EDT

The Twilight Magician gets my vote. The best of the bunch.

• 485 posts
    April 5, 2014 6:51 PM EDT

As expected, the Twilight Magician is steamrolling the competition. This was tough on the eyes, Mason. Aside from the Twilight Magician and the Operative of Order, the other 4 builds look like post n' run submissions of very poor quality. 

• 739 posts
    April 5, 2014 7:09 PM EDT

I tend to just select builds with low comments...

I just ask...

"Are we keeping this?"

...when it comes to the Deathmatch.

It's probably why we see so little debate on these deathmatch threads, if I took a load of builds from recognized they would be much more lively...

• 122 posts
    April 5, 2014 9:11 PM EDT

The Twilight Magician gets my vote, but Raven Meridius has a lot of potential, too.

• 14 posts
    April 6, 2014 1:53 AM EDT

............................................... Screw it, Twilight Magician

• 485 posts
    April 6, 2014 2:47 AM EDT

I can understand why there'd be so few comments with such builds. It quickly becomes clear in the first 5 or so replies with 0 likes whether or not the author has any interest in improving his work. Its annoying typing up a large list of great advice for a post n' run builder. 

Come to think of it, recognized is absolutely gigantic at 250+ builds. 

• 739 posts
    April 6, 2014 12:22 PM EDT

The air grows still and it appears this Deathmatch has now ended!

The Twilight Magician won and has gained many 'likes'. It is now officially recognized...

The other five builds did not impress the people of the Skyrim Blog and their lights have now been forever extinguished from the dark halls of the Bloodworks...

Join us next week for more slaughter.