Forums » Elder Scrolls

One Feature You Want in TES VI

• 77 posts
    August 28, 2014 12:47 AM EDT

I'd love to have a transmogrification secondary enchantment to make the armor, equipment, and weapons you have equipped look like different ones you want to look at. That way you can retain the better stats of the, possibly ugly, high level gear (looking at you dragonbone gimp mask). WoW has this feature and it's the best part of that game.

• 77 posts
    October 1, 2014 6:30 AM EDT

To organize and summarize some of my favorite points in this thread:

-Positional Damage

-Rooftop thieving in cities with an assassin's creed-style climbing skill.

-Diversity of dungeon and quest quality & length (ie: hiding an entire guild inside a random cave for the sake of discovery)

-Different types of attacks that can be used with each weapon, especially those using movement (My dream; Bethesda contracts the combat out to Platinum Studios who create an entire set of attacks for each weapon / spell school.)

-The option of more hotkeys (or hotbuttons on console) instead of the favorites menu

-Generally 'better' everything

• 641 posts
    October 1, 2014 6:56 AM EDT

Make consequences from joining certain factions. 

• 95 posts
    October 1, 2014 10:47 AM EDT
    More possible pets and mounts e. g. Mamooths or bears. Also less dungeon hunging and more open area quests and fights. They also should limit the possibilities tó prevent overpowering. I think in Skyrim it is too easy to overpower the character, sometimes it happened even if I didn't want to :D
    • 95 posts
    October 1, 2014 10:50 AM EDT
    Agree, skyrim is a bit empty...
    • 22 posts
    October 1, 2014 11:18 AM EDT

The return of spell making and a ravamped perk system that adds perks which require certain levels of two or more skills to obtain yet effects all skills needed in some way. Also more variation in voice acting I cannot even stress how immersion breaking it is to here two guards that sound a like or two characters from two different guilds being voiced by the same actor. I know that was more than one but there is just so much to want and wish for that to only choose one seems ridiculously impossible.

• 22 posts
    October 1, 2014 11:22 AM EDT

One extra little addition the ability to actually see all your gear equipped e.g a sword, bow, arrows, and a dagger all show in third person. I know pc has a mod for this but as a console player I can only want and wish. Oh and please for the love of the 9 let me wear clothes under armor and add a hardcore survival checkbox like how fallout new Vegas had.

• 22 posts
    October 1, 2014 11:24 AM EDT

For acrobatics it would be nice for them to just add a new perk tree that pertains to character mobility. E.g acrobatics,  athletics,  and possibly perks that allow combat mobility like strafe dodging kinda like dark souls roll.

• 22 posts
    October 1, 2014 11:26 AM EDT

That wouod be awesome to get back maybe add something along the lines like if you're using water breathing you can actually walk along the bottom.

• 22 posts
    October 1, 2014 11:27 AM EDT

Oh this topic there's just too much to wish for!

• 22 posts
    October 1, 2014 11:30 AM EDT

That would be sweet in lore there is shadow magic which would be an amazing implementation.  We only get a glimpse in dragonborn when Neloth asks you to get a staff used by the original shadow mage.

• 38 posts
    October 1, 2014 4:54 PM EDT

if you dont know about it yet search up helgen reborn, sounds like what you want for the second point

• 55 posts
    October 1, 2014 5:33 PM EDT

Ablitity to name your potions

• 77 posts
    October 1, 2014 8:26 PM EDT

-A hunting pet system, taming animals through either magic or animal handling

-A greater variety of mounts, not just horses (WoW's one strength is its stable of interesting mounts to choose from)

• 1217 posts
    October 1, 2014 8:33 PM EDT

That would be fantastic. Tame your own horse, or animal companion.  So, so fantastic that would be.

• 130 posts
    October 1, 2014 9:08 PM EDT

A fear system. I want to be able to walk into a shop wearing full Daedric Armor and say, "Give me that potion of cure disease or I'll mutilate you," and get the potion for free. It's kinda weird when instead I walk into a shop wearing full Daedric Armor and say, "Here you go, 223 gold, thanks very much."

• 18 posts
    October 6, 2014 12:08 AM EDT

An immersive carrying system. I want more than just an inventory. You should have a very low base carry weight of like 10, but this will not include equipped items. items that are not equipped or in your pockets will go into whatever carrying pack you have on, and higher stamina will allow you to carry bigger packs. even the packs though should only have about 100 average. In order to get more you should have to buy a horse and saddlebags, and then you could put your carrying pack onto your horse and take it off at will. Your horse should have no base carry weight, but should be able to carry much larger bags than you. This would allow you to reach about the same capacity you could in skyrim. It would also be great if your character's weight was calculated by their height, weight, (as in the kind you select in the race menu) and the weight of their equipped items so that getting onto the horse would add that much to its weight, and there would be situations where you would have to either walk alongside your horse or drop some things from its saddlebags. I would love that 

• 1217 posts
    October 21, 2014 12:14 PM EDT

It'd be fun to see them do a bit more some of the "investment" concepts they tried in Skyrim, assuming the economy is similar. I'd like to be able to make a beggar rich, and see if he turns his life around and maybe even offers some kind of reward for it. Or maybe he destroys himself and his family comes after me. Helping contractors finish their work with investments is kind of fun, and provides a use for the piles of gold you end up with later in the game.

• 627 posts
    October 21, 2014 4:55 PM EDT

I think it would be nice if the animations for weapons and moving in armor changed as you increased in skill level with them, for example you as a novice you start out swinging your sword wildly but as you progress to apprentice to master you start making better strikes, less wild swings that end with the weapon way off to the side. Or with heavy armor the character starts off with a walking and running animation that expresses just how heavy it is and how hard it would be to move in it, and then as you increase your skill in it you start moving more fluidly showing that you've learned how to move in it allowing it to be more effective.

• 168 posts
    October 21, 2014 5:49 PM EDT

1) Survivor mode. Your character must eat, sleep and drink everyday or else your skills will decrease or even die.

2) The environment affects the skills of the player. For example diving in cold water would reduce your health if you don't get out. Being wet will decrease your fighting skills, etc.

3) Unarmed skill tree for those who love it.

3) Thalmor as the main antagonist because they had little involvement during the Dragonborn's journey.

4) Complementing about the Thalmor as antagonists, Elsweyr would be a cool place for TES VI. The player would be the Mane and he would lead his people against the Thalmor when they learn that the elves lied to the Khajiits about using "dawn magic" to bring the moons back.

5) The end of fast travels. Buy a horse or hire a carriage.

• 130 posts
    October 21, 2014 5:55 PM EDT

1, 2 and 5 should be optional.

• 1217 posts
    October 21, 2014 6:09 PM EDT
    Problem with number 4 is having Skyrim's issue of a "canon" Dragonborn, multiplied 10 fold. Only a Khajiit could be the Mane.
    • 168 posts
    October 21, 2014 6:36 PM EDT

Point taken. I forgot about that ^^;

• 1217 posts
    October 21, 2014 6:42 PM EDT
    They could go the way of Oblivion, though, and have the PC hero helping the Mane unite the people, like the Hero of Kvatch helped Martin Septim.
    • 627 posts
    November 4, 2014 9:46 PM EST

Realistic relationships between your character and NPCs, I'm tired of it being as easy as giving someone a single septim and then all of a sudden they're eligible for marriage.