Forums » Elder Scrolls

One Feature You Want in TES VI

• 163 posts
    March 27, 2014 3:47 AM EDT

Exactly, if anything a single player game but with a co-op dlc, maybe costing the same amount as hearthfire. So it would be still ES but with added spice, if you choose.

• 163 posts
    March 27, 2014 3:50 AM EDT

Idk is would please me to be able to drop the beacon into the sightless pit, let is sink down, while Meridia looks down with disapproval. But yea it could break quests. Maybe a chance to be attacked and knocked out/beaten within an inch of your life by zealots?

• 163 posts
    March 27, 2014 3:50 AM EDT

Yay for continuity.  

• 163 posts
    March 27, 2014 3:51 AM EDT

Diadem of the whatever from that maze, also most dragon priest masks.

• 622 posts
    March 27, 2014 3:56 AM EDT
    How about people don't pick up quest items?

But alternate ending to daredevil quests would be good.
    • 189 posts
    March 27, 2014 5:26 AM EDT

Thought of a couple others....

1. Bring back LUCK. I don't really care how it's implemented, but let us modify Luck as a constant variable/attribute to some degree. And have it affect stuff like % chance on proc gear. I want to roll a pure Luck character who uses stuff like Ahzidal's Armor of Retribution and Mehrunes Razor!

2. A height slider for chargen. Could be just like 5-7 different heights. And still different for each race — e.g., the shortest possible Altmer would still be taller than the tallest possible Bosmer. But you could have a Nord or Altmer who towers above everyone, like Hil the Tall from Oblivion. Or a super petite waif of an assassin (Akatsuki, anyone?).

• 163 posts
    March 27, 2014 6:17 AM EDT

Good point, but what are ''daredevil quests''?

• 622 posts
    March 27, 2014 6:18 AM EDT

*Daedra. Autocorrect

• 163 posts
    March 27, 2014 6:20 AM EDT

Sensible combat like dark souls, no just no, dark souls was ear piercingly hard at times.

Leaving a faction....The dark brotherhood is forever 

• 1467 posts
    March 27, 2014 6:47 AM EDT
    1: This is probably one of the best ideas I've seen on this thread. Mayeb even include lucky-based Magic that would be a little like playing as a Wild Mage in Baldurs Gate.
    2: Akatsuki characters all the way
    • 1467 posts
    March 27, 2014 7:21 AM EDT
    What you're telling me that you don't want your tiny Bosmer Mage to be able to wield a massive Warhammer with no problems.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    March 27, 2014 7:46 AM EDT

More food recipes and variety of foods. More than two types of cheese, drinks, etc.

Along those lines, I want to play a fatty. Make it so, Bethesda.

• 249 posts
    March 27, 2014 10:20 AM EDT
    Luck!! Yes! And don't forget about weight sliders. Sometimes I wanna be a stout little monk :)
    • 55 posts
    March 27, 2014 4:45 PM EDT

Luck would be really nice to have back :)

• 40 posts
    March 27, 2014 10:40 PM EDT

Definitely want some incentive other than RPing a character to not outright abandon iron, steel, and other metals that are inferior to anything else. The fact that these things are obsolete the second you get something made of a better metal really kills the immersion a bit for me. When I laugh at people in my head who are still using iron while I've got a Daedric weapon, to me there's something wrong. I personally think that if it were just made so that the better metals were more durable than the early, cheap ones instead of outright doing more damage (in terms of weapons, as far as armor goes I think it's very logical that better metals will offer more protection so I don't have an issue with that really) then there would be a balance between this guy walking around in all Daedric armor wielding Daedric weapons and the group of bandits who have to use iron and steel weapons against him. It would also make the player choose between spending more money to buy/maintain his expensive weapon/armor (which would have its own payoff, since doing so would mean you didn't have to repair/replace either nearly as often as a cheaper object, while those cheaper items could effectively be thrown away after they get worn down and replaced with others. And if you then made the cheaper metals more common (which they are already, but I mean to a more pronounced degree than they currently are), that would mean that choosing the cheaper items would be a viable option for arming your character, as you may simply be able to find replacements among fallen enemies.

Also, if you made it so richer people had the higher sets of armor, even up to Daedric, there may be a bit more balance to characters who get up to that level, in that they'll run into people who can actually compete with them.

Because I know this wouldn't be too popular of an addition, perhaps having it set as part of a hardcore mode for the next game, and even then giving players the ability to deselect them from said mode so that they can have other things to make the game more challenging without losing the way the other ES games were.

Oh! And another idea: Having competition for bounties you're pursuing. I like the bounty system, but being able to take your sweet time sort of irks me, if only a bit. I think that having competing NPCs attempting to cash in on the same bounty would make it more fun.

• 77 posts
    March 28, 2014 6:10 AM EDT

Weapon requirements tell us that the devs couldn't be bothered to balance their game. That's not what TES is about. Near complete freedom in an open world is the point of playing Skyrim, not idiotic gear gating. Just go play WoW to have that kind of fun! Or, if you don't think it's realistic for a character to wield a weapon then don't pick it up.

• 77 posts
    March 28, 2014 6:16 AM EDT

They should definitely stretch out the armor and weapon tier progression. Fur armor is basically useless by the end of the tutorial dungeon. It's just plainly worse, despite some of the cool chestpiece designs. Dwarven armor should be about midgame or so. Slowing down early armor progression would leave more for the late game, as after level 40 there is only like Daedric and Dragonbone.

Adding a slider for what levels certain weapons and armor start appearing would be such a cool feature.

• 773 posts
    March 28, 2014 7:34 AM EDT

Interesting thread

I'm adding this to my list of 'topics that can be made into a poll' for when the NPC polls are finished in a couple of weeks

• 163 posts
    March 28, 2014 10:43 AM EDT

I agree, I highly doubt every one was a tall buff hairy warrior, let us customize our avater how ever we like.

• 163 posts
    March 28, 2014 10:48 AM EDT

Ah in that case yea, like destroying the ebony blade(if your want that) etc

• 40 posts
    March 28, 2014 1:53 PM EDT

This might also be a good fix for the same problem. It's also definitely easier to implement, I guess. Personally I'm a fan of degrading weapon condition, but made more realistic than in the Fallout games, since things just degraded way too quickly in those games. Things like having to sharpen a sword made of inferior metals more often than with better ones, cleaning blood off of your weapons/armor to avoid rust, having rust at all in the game, etc. I love the idea of maintaining the stuff, rather than just having to pretend that's what you're doing.

Personally I found fur armor to still be okay if you aren't letting yourself take hits, such as on Brearth, where he uses his shield when he can't outright avoid an attack, but yeah, it could be better. Bear skin is really strong, and in certain cases, even bullet resistant, so having the fur of a thick-skinned predator on you should offer protection from more than stray clods of dirt.

Another thing I think would be cool is taking some of the mods for picking up animals and going through the process of skinning them and making them an official part of the game. This in combination with upgrading the protection level of furs (and maybe even making it so there's a downside, in terms of protection from the elements, to wearing traditional armors over fur/hide) with maybe making the animals a bit more badass, could mean that having fur armor would also be a sort of achievement for a tough character (imagine having to fight a giant bear in some epic struggle and then skinning it and using its uber-tough hide as armor/clothing). There's some serious potential for a real tangible payoff for choosing hide/fur armor if they do something like that.

And going along the lines of being able to carry dead things, we need to be able to dispose of bodies somehow other than just dragging them. I mean like throwing it over your shoulder (perhaps a strength requirement to do that instead of just dragging them) and taking them outside (or inside) and hiding them.

And another thing I remembered: Making strong characters able to smash locks off of things. I have never understood why my super strong Orc can't access this wooden chest just because he doesn't have any skill with lockpicking, or maybe sold his lockpicks because of that. In my opinion warhammer > lock/doorknob.

• 77 posts
    March 29, 2014 2:05 AM EDT

If we get TES VI: Valenwood I'd be surprised if there wasn't expanded leather, fur, and bark armor crafting. Some kind of weapon and armor crafting external to smithing would be cool. Like how daedric armor is crafter, but for different weapon and armor sets.

• 622 posts
    March 29, 2014 2:07 AM EDT

After researching the Bosmer for a build, I am kind of excited for a Valenwood TES game. Would be very interesting (still wanting an Argonia one more though!)

• 1467 posts
    March 29, 2014 2:20 AM EDT
    Don't want to be negative to an Argonaian Lover but sadly I can't see an Argonia based ES game unless they find a really good way to counteract the whole Desiese that spread throughout Argonia.
    • 622 posts
    March 29, 2014 2:29 AM EDT

The Knahaten Flu? That was only in the 2E and wasn't just in Argonia but spread to all of Tamriel. 

The Kothringi people were native to Black Marsh ebfore wiped out by the Flue -- Meaning human habitation is possible. And there must have been Nords in the outer cities during the events of TESO.

I actually believe that there will be a game set there and am looking forward to seeing how they do that. Hell, it could be even set during then!