Forums » Elder Scrolls

One Feature You Want in TES VI

• 77 posts
    March 23, 2014 4:31 AM EDT

Not a province, plot, race, or character; what is one gameplay feature you want to see in TES VI. Something like an enchantment, perk effect, gameplay system, weapon, or item.

I myself want positional damage. Next generation TES should be able to calculate x1 damage on torso hits, x0.5 damage for hits on the arms, legs, hands, and feet, and x2 damage on the head. Whatever calculation they decide on, I would love to stealthily headshot bandits for massive damage. Melee weapons, bows, and spells would all benefit from this addition and it would add an entire dimension to the gameplay.

Now what do you all want to see in TES VI?

• 77 posts
    March 25, 2014 10:02 PM EDT

I gotta have me my falmer. I expect Bethesda will remain cool about their DLC, though.

• 77 posts
    March 25, 2014 10:05 PM EDT

This.

Honestly though they do change things up every TES game has been an primarily first person open world RPG with warrior, mage, and thief skills. Not complaining here, I actually love the formula.

• March 25, 2014 10:06 PM EDT

Co op and multiplayer

• 185 posts
    March 25, 2014 10:37 PM EDT
    I hope that we can choose to play alone...
    • 622 posts
    March 25, 2014 10:38 PM EDT

If all the TES games are more online and WOW copies, I will be heartbroken. 

• 77 posts
    March 25, 2014 10:55 PM EDT

You can't, did I mention it's $15 a month with a $60 box release?

• 77 posts
    March 25, 2014 10:56 PM EDT

It won't be like that. ESO isn't even developed by Bethesda Softworks, the Elder Scrolls devs.

• 77 posts
    March 25, 2014 10:57 PM EDT

I can wait as long as I need to as long as they take the time to make it great. I imagine it'll release mid generation. Announced 2015 or later, released 2016 or later.

• 77 posts
    March 25, 2014 11:01 PM EDT

ANY OTHER GAME. Why does TES of all things need multiplayer? That would just detract from the time spent on the single player content. Drop in coop in the single player world would be okay, as long as it doesn't hog development resources.

• 77 posts
    March 25, 2014 11:03 PM EDT

That's mainly for the purposes of lore consistency. It's not a major involvement.

• 1217 posts
    March 25, 2014 11:06 PM EDT

Yeah, drop in coop is as far as I'd go.

• 77 posts
    March 25, 2014 11:07 PM EDT

That's plainly wrong. I played the beta and had everyone all around me. It's been repeatedly confirmed that loot will be shared in the world. Even if you can go to level 10 alone it won't matter as the other 50 levels will be the majority of what people play.

• 77 posts
    March 25, 2014 11:09 PM EDT

A major point yes, demanding for a development standpoint no. I would be surprised if the number of writers that focus on the larger 'lore' and not just side quests and dialogue was in the double digits. That compared to hundreds of programmers, game designers, artists, and sound technicians.

• 77 posts
    March 25, 2014 11:10 PM EDT

I didn't mention PvP. Obviously PvP is multiplayer. I was talking about PvE.

• 189 posts
    March 25, 2014 11:50 PM EDT

Maybe a wheel type setup for console users, like in GTA and RDR. Where you press and HOLD a button to pause/slow time and bring up a wheel for weapons (or in this case, any hotkeyed spell, power, or item). They could have room for about 12 hotkeyed objects that could be brought up more or less instantaneously — and any delay would be nullified by the frozen/slowed time.

If they bring back Shouts, it could be the Shout button (RB/R1). You tap to Shout, or hold to select from the hotkey wheel.

Because yeah, the favorite menu took too long to navigate in the endgame, and being able to only truly hotkey two objects is just not gonna cut it.

• 1483 posts
    March 26, 2014 12:08 AM EDT

I'm not saying all spells should be like that. But some spells should, like Candlelight. Perks can reduce the mana used, and the cost-reducing enchantments, and skill level...

• 55 posts
    March 26, 2014 12:14 AM EDT

I would like a return of a visible like/dislike system, and a limitation on the factions you join. also more fleshed out and deeper factions, the stories are too short and forced. also no more quests forced upon you. And be able to drop quest items would be nice

• 622 posts
    March 26, 2014 12:37 AM EDT

Agree on everything but the last one. That would wreck quests

• 163 posts
    March 26, 2014 4:09 AM EDT

^Dont give Bethsada any more multiplayer ideas

• 622 posts
    March 26, 2014 4:10 AM EDT

Please no multiplayer for a simple RPG game. 

• 77 posts
    March 26, 2014 4:51 AM EDT

Single player is the crucial part, though. Coop is just extra functionality.

• 55 posts
    March 27, 2014 2:34 AM EDT

Not really mate. I'll let you keep your quest markers which will point you straight to the quest/quest-item. Couldnt be easier. I just want the option to desert the army and sell the jagged crown if i want to. Or drop meridias beacon. In the end, it's all about freedom

• 622 posts
    March 27, 2014 2:45 AM EDT
    So, rather then hang onto an item that weighs nothing, you want to drop it somewhere only to have to rely quest marker to find it again when you finally feel like doing the quest?

Sounds more complicated then it needs to be.
    • 23 posts
    March 27, 2014 2:57 AM EDT

A crippling system as in fallout. 

and I want an artifact that is good for mages!