Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which guild?

• March 17, 2014 8:52 AM EDT

Hello,

I just wanted to know which guild, group, or league in skyrim is your favorite.

• 21 posts
    March 17, 2014 10:58 AM EDT

Probably the Dark Brotherhood.

Awesome NPC's, great quests, and awesome storyline. 

• 622 posts
    March 17, 2014 4:26 PM EDT

Probably The Thieves Guild

• 108 posts
    March 17, 2014 4:33 PM EDT

The Bards College. What a wasted opportunity.

• 15 posts
    March 17, 2014 5:00 PM EDT

The Thieves Guild.

In Oblivion it was the Dark Brotherhood by far. And to be honest, that's why I am a bit disappointed by the DB in Skyrim, I really hoped to set up kills so they look like accidents again, or try to get my bonus by not letting anyone see the murder, that kind of stuff. Don't get me wrong, the DB is still awesome in Skyrim, but this time around, Thieves Guild impressed me a bit more.

• 194 posts
    March 17, 2014 5:29 PM EDT

Thieves Guild.

• 163 posts
    March 17, 2014 6:38 PM EDT

Volkihar Vampires

• 32 posts
    March 17, 2014 9:50 PM EDT

It's probably a split between the Dark Brotherhood, the Dawnguard, and the Volkihar for me. DB has some nice armor (Now that I've installed a mod to rid my Skyrim of gimp suits [Don't google that, kids]) and a pretty interesting storyline. The Dawnguard is like shields and heavy armor and crossbows and restoration magic, all of which I'm down with. The Volkihar have two epic rings (The Magicka ring is more epic, unfortunately) which continually tempt me to join them.

• 19 posts
    March 18, 2014 2:06 AM EDT

Thieves Guild and Volkihar Vampires

• 108 posts
    March 18, 2014 4:38 AM EDT

Vileo Sufora  which mod is that?

• 622 posts
    March 18, 2014 4:59 AM EDT
    I use Masters of Death. Very Assassins Creed-y
    • 163 posts
    March 18, 2014 5:55 AM EDT

I agree with you in the crossbow's. As a Vampire I meticulously lure unsuspecting scouts just to harvest bolts.

• 163 posts
    March 18, 2014 6:03 AM EDT

Hmm I checked it up, it does look good but I also use ''Arise the black sacrament''.
    Choices, choices

• 622 posts
    March 18, 2014 6:30 AM EDT

I'm very picky when it comes to armor. That one is good, but it doesn't suit my personal tastes :P

(I actually am one of the only people I know to still like the vanilla armor)

• 108 posts
    March 18, 2014 6:36 AM EDT

Thank you both. I am glad to be finally rid of the DB pyjamas. ^_^

• 163 posts
    March 18, 2014 6:43 AM EDT

Yea I understand that the vanilla DB armour is supposed to be "free" and "easy to  maneuver in" but it just rubs me the wrong way, like my Dovakiin is rocking spandex. But I love the robes, especially with the High res version of improved Npc clothing. 

• 163 posts
    March 18, 2014 6:43 AM EDT

And np man.

• 63 posts
    March 18, 2014 10:40 AM EDT

Pfft, Thieves guild. Obviously.

• 30 posts
    March 18, 2014 11:09 AM EDT

I played the Thieves guild right after I finished the Dark Brotherhood. With that experience, the Thieves guild seems like it had a better story-line. In terms of being the "Night Mother," Nocturnal was far better.

• 5 posts
    March 18, 2014 11:33 AM EDT

Love the thieves guild. Just seems to have a bit more substance than most of the other guilds. Love the 'one man crime wave' feeling of the side missions and the way it takes a bit of effort to earn your way to the top. Several other factions seem way too short in comparison - 'oh hey there newcomer ... would you like to be our new leader?'. Also Nocturnal is the only daedric prince that gives you a feeling of some danger in dealing with her - you feel you are making a pact that your immortal soul could come to regret. Most of the others just throw an artifact at you and let you get on with it.

• 1217 posts
    March 18, 2014 12:25 PM EDT

I have to go with Dawnguard. I like their characters and their cause, and they feel like a guild. Thieves Guild would be second choice, but I don't identify with their cause much. Kind of the same with the Volkihar but there's also no real support from them; just a place to live and quest givers. 

• 149 posts
    March 18, 2014 1:14 PM EDT

I don't like "evil" or law breaking characters, but the thieves' guild wins out for me. The story was actually interesting. Plus, you had to work to be become the guild master. I appreciated that.

• 2 posts
    March 18, 2014 5:38 PM EDT

I was largely disappointed with the guilds this time around, but my favorite would have to be the College. I'm a sucker for anything that expands on the lore, and I just felt that the College did that the most.

• 14 posts
    December 27, 2014 12:56 PM EST

Thieves guild for sure.

• 152 posts
    December 27, 2014 1:58 PM EST

I'm going to go with the Legion. I like how the armor and weaponry looked like it was something that was supposed to be mass produced, and I enjoy working with Tullius and Rikke. Galmar just got on my nerves...