Forums » Elder Scrolls

Religion

• April 23, 2014 11:18 AM EDT

It's saying more than saying nothing. And I'm awesome, and you love me. Shut your jazzy mouth. 

• April 23, 2014 11:38 AM EDT
    Come on, guys, let's just all worship the Yokudan gods and forget all those other guys.
    • 1441 posts
    April 23, 2014 1:12 PM EDT
    Please, the only one cool in there is HoonDing. I just say we should follow The Lord of. Light, Rhi'lor.
  • April 23, 2014 2:38 PM EDT
    You forgot Tall Papa, Leki the Swordmaiden, Onsi the Swordmaker, Sep (my favorite version of Lorkhan), Satakal the Worldskin, Diagna of the Sideways Blade, and Tu'Whacca the Caretaker.
    • 1441 posts
    April 23, 2014 2:40 PM EDT
    You know what I don't get, why do they call her Of the Side Ways. Blade? Does she just hold her blade horizontally? Also, Tall Papa, the name seems so, odd. I mean, is he like their main god, and like their sorta creator deity?
    • 1217 posts
    April 23, 2014 2:49 PM EDT

Yokudan Pantheon be so cool.

• April 23, 2014 2:55 PM EDT
    Most likely, yes. However the Redguards have strange naming so I wouldn't be surprised if it was more metaphorical.

Tall Papa is more of a title and yes, it's very odd. Ruptga is his real name (I pronounce it Rup-Tug-Uh, but I don't know if that's accurate). He isn't the creation deity and he really doesn't compare to any other gods. He's the first god to discover how to survive Satakal (who came from Satak, the creation deity). Unlike the other gods, he isn't trapped in Mundus. So he's just chilling outside the world, observing it.
  • April 23, 2014 3:03 PM EDT
    In that the creation of Mundus was a bad thing, yeah. But I was talking about Ruptga. He's not the god of time (Akatosh) or the sun (Auriel). He didn't rip a hole into Mundus or make the blueprints for it (Magnus. Although he did move the stars, have a stick/staff, and the other spirits asked him to free them from Mundus so he might've been able to).

So if anything, he's similar to Magnus. But I would say that's about it.
  • April 23, 2014 7:25 PM EDT

Lex, I take your trolling elsewhere. No flawed arguments here. 

• April 24, 2014 7:50 AM EDT

In real life I'm an atheist, but seeing how the Et'Ada can be objectively proven to exist, I'd have no problem doing the occasional favor for one of the Divines or a "good Daedra" or two. That said, I'm really interested in the pantheon of the Redguards, especially Satakal, Tall Papa, and the god of "Nobody Cares".

• 661 posts
    April 24, 2014 7:57 AM EDT

Ruptga? Sorry my Redguard lore needs to be brushed up on. 

• April 25, 2014 6:52 AM EDT

My more knightly characters mainly worship mara, my bosmeri characters worship Y'ffre, the forest deity, my werewolves worship Hircine, and go on nightly raids to fill their hunger, and my vampire characters worship Molag Bal and go on purges every 15th of a month with the mace of Molag Bal.

• 7 posts
    April 25, 2014 9:58 AM EDT

I am intrigued by the Dwemer case, they had refused the religions to accepted the science and technology...We can say that they were atheists, for this reason I love them...but lore explains that with the Heart of Lorkhan, the Dwemer created their God and were punished for this and perhaps disappeared forever...Omnipotence paradox 

• April 30, 2014 3:13 PM EDT

I always tend to lean towards one of the Daedra, just because, in my oppinion, that makes for the most interresting gameplay.

But that's just because i quite like the evil side of my characters, so I tend to put a lot of focus on that.

Also, I just think gameplay-wise, the Daedra offer cooler rewards

• 127 posts
    May 1, 2014 9:12 AM EDT

Zenithar is my guy.  Commerce or craftsmanship, sometimes both, is something my characters always understand, so he is the logical choice.  Make stuff in his name, go on a pilgrimage and leave them at his shrines.  Mine everything.  Heroes and villains alike can do it, making it a safe choice.

• May 2, 2014 6:44 PM EDT

I prefer Daedra, myself. Most of my characters are thieves, so they're in pretty deep with Nocturnal.

• 87 posts
    May 2, 2014 9:48 PM EDT

Since I usually [read: only] play Mer in the Elder Scrolls games, I tend to favor their pantheons. If I am playing a pious Dunmer, I will worship their gods, which obviously depend on the time period. If I play a pious Bosmer or Altmer, I will worship one or all of their gods. For instance, my Bosmeri bard was a devout follower of Y'ffre, including the cannibalism! I have to admit, however, that the Yokudans had the coolest gods ever. It is a shame that the Redguards' original continent sank into the ocean, but I guess they believe that Satakal will come up with something for the next kalpa.

• 83 posts
    May 5, 2014 9:08 AM EDT

My current build is a Khajiit female named The Clawed Dagger.

Her religion is based around Nocturnal, Sithis, The Night Mother, and Julianos (because of her interest in magic.)