Forums » Elder Scrolls

Finishing Daedra Quests the good way (Skyrim)

• 34 posts
    March 2, 2014 2:46 PM EST
    I was planning on starting a play through where I despise Daedra, Daedra Worshipers, "Warlocks", and basically anything considered evil. Is there a way to complete Daedric Quests in a "good" way? Such as A Waking Nightmare, I can choose to save Dawnstar. Or killing Eola in The Taste of Death, Saving Silas in Pieces of the Past, stuff like that. Are there any others I can complete in this fashion?
    • 700 posts
    March 2, 2014 2:54 PM EST

Not Killing Barbas in "A Daedra's Best Friend".

• 34 posts
    March 2, 2014 3:32 PM EST
    But that gives you the Masque of Clavicus Vile, a Daedra artifact.
    • 700 posts
    March 2, 2014 3:35 PM EST

I didn't realize that was a stipulation.  I've barely touched the Daedric quests, so I don't know of any more.  Sorry I can't help more.  

• 622 posts
    March 2, 2014 3:44 PM EST
    With the Molag Bal one, you can kill Boethiah's Priest and the quest willfail.
    • 34 posts
    March 2, 2014 3:44 PM EST
    If you kill Barbas, Clavicus gives you the Rueful Axe, not a Daedric artifact. But you did the bidding of a Prince. I've finished all the quests on my very first character, I just DONT remember details.
    • 34 posts
    March 2, 2014 3:45 PM EST
    Would my killing him be justified in someway?
    • 8 posts
    March 2, 2014 3:59 PM EST
    In Sanguine's quest, there are a few ways you could be a good person and make amens top with the people you messed with instead of bribing and intimidating them
    • 185 posts
    March 2, 2014 4:04 PM EST
    You've just killed an daedra worshipper and molag bal will not torture him for pleasure.
    And the mace will not be restored.
    • 34 posts
    March 2, 2014 4:12 PM EST
    Ah I see. Use Molag Bal to lead me to a Daedra priest and turn on Molag to kill him myself! Brilliant! >:)
    • 34 posts
    March 2, 2014 4:13 PM EST
    That still leads into Sanguine giving my the staff.
    • 185 posts
    March 2, 2014 4:20 PM EST
    ... Then you throw the staff in the lava of the aetherium forge...
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    March 2, 2014 4:30 PM EST

Not all of the Daedric quests are completely evil in their outcome. Meridia is downright benevolent, Sheogorath is kinda doing a good deed, Sanguine doesn't cause much harm unless you the character decide to be a dick to everyone, and even then it's mostly inconveniences. Azura's relic is completely neutral, and in fact defying a Daedra's will results in a more dangerous and evil artifact.

Calvicus Vile... That's an interesting one. You can argue that not helping Barbas at all and ingoring the quest is the best option. You keep Clavicus and Barbas separated, rendering him nearly powerless. But what if someone else comes along, decides to help Barbas, and claims the rueful axe? Clavicus Vile gains all his power back, but none of the restraint of Barbas. It might well be safer all around to help Barbas to curb Vile's power.

You can refuse to kill Silas, at which point he'll return to Dawnstar and keep the pieces of Mehrune's Razor locked away.

EDIT: I almost always play mage characters in Skyrim, and eventually gather quite a few powerful artifacts of a magical nature, Daedric and otherwise. As a part of my immersion, I either always carry powerful artifacts on me, lock them away and guarded by a housecarl, and when I eventually stumble upon Labyrinthia, I use the time displaced barrow and wooden mask to hide Daedric artifacts and Dragon Priest masks. Where better to hide them from thieves, warlocks, and Daedra-worshippers than outside of time?

• 34 posts
    March 2, 2014 4:40 PM EST
    Little known fact: Meridia returned during the Oblivion Crisis to seek vengeance on the Divines. She was also responsible for the destruction of an Ayleid city. Clavicus Vile is in fact a tough one that I haven't sorted out yet. And I mentioned Silas in the OP.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    March 2, 2014 4:58 PM EST

How does that have any relevance to her quest in Skyrim? How can anyone who despises the Daedra, Daedra worshippers, or warlocks actually hold an act of destroying Daedra-worshippers by a daedra an example of how truly evil a daedra is? That doesn't make much sense to me.

The only good course of action is to help her, otherwise you're letting a necromancer prey off the soldiers of the war at the very doormat of Solitude.

• 5 posts
    March 6, 2014 1:27 PM EST

The main Daedric quests nearly all my DBs do are those for Meridia (for Dawnbreaker) and Hermaeus Mora (for the Oghma Infinium). Maybe Sheogorath for the laughs as well. If I know a Daedric quest will require me to do some evil shit (Mephala, Molag Bal, Namira and Boethiah are the major ones), I either don't do the quest, or I do whatever it takes to fail the quest. As for Clavicus, when I did the quest, I returned the dog to him and just kept the Masque locked up in my chest.

• August 4, 2014 8:24 PM EDT

This is an RP  one I thought of today while playing my overly zealous holy warrior.

I just did Mephla's quest. Upon discovering that it was the Ebony Blade that was poisoning the kid's mind, I took the blade and stuck it in the cellar of my house to keep it from corrupting the weak minded (I need to keep an eye on my steward though!) I figure that it should be safe surrounded by all those shrines to the Divines. Technically I'm not doing her bidding, and the quest leaves my log. I'm planning to figure out some ritual to do that will destroy it, then use the disable command.

• 31 posts
    August 5, 2014 1:07 AM EDT

Forgive my confusion but this thread seems very contradicting to me. Anything associated with a Daedra is considered evil no matter which way you go about it as it is their nature. No matter how you go about it you're still doing their will so I fail to see if you despise the Daedra as so then why are you even considering doing their quest?