Forums » Elder Scrolls

Calemo's a creeper

• 163 posts
    February 9, 2014 6:26 AM EST

I never got how when I purchased a dwarven weapon from Tonila in Riften, Calcemo all the way across the map in Markarth somehow always knew. Any thoughts?

• 70 posts
    February 9, 2014 6:36 AM EST

He knows everything. Once I was in Whiterun with a courier already hanging around in there, and when I bought a Dwarven Bow from the blacksmith, he runs up and gives me a letter saying to bring it to him. He must have written that letter before I even bought the bow.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    February 9, 2014 6:41 AM EST

I think it's stupid all the way around. If he has people around Skyrim who can inform him whenever someone purchases a dwarven weapon of whatever type, why not have them purchase it? I get annoyed because I play mages and when I buy a weapon, it's usually for the enchantment and suddenly I get a stupid quest marker stuck in my log and to get rid of it, I must sell my enchanted weapon and hope I find another soon.

• 9 posts
    February 9, 2014 6:53 AM EST

I also find this quite strange. In fact Calcemo made sure to take away one Dwarven Bolt of Fire every time I bought some during Dawngaurd. Worst part is..when he pays you for it its not like you get the gold back for what you paid for the item. 

• 163 posts
    February 9, 2014 8:13 AM EST

Yep Calcemo is all knowing, he is probably from the future 

• 163 posts
    February 13, 2014 10:53 AM EST

But really how obsessed must that man be to monitor all forms of dwemer purchases?