Forums » Elder Scrolls

A Problem Proving Fun to Solve

• 194 posts
    February 5, 2014 7:55 PM EST

I created a glitched character. Using fortify restoration to make him invincible/powerful in every way. It's hilarious however that his one weakness is taking off his jacket. This sometimes happens with characters who use this glitch to have health that goes into the "negatives".

Because of this, the character cannot complete missions involving the removal of all clothes. Vampire Lord. Werewolf. Going to jail. Restoration Ritual. It may not be a big deal that I do these quests, but trying to figure out how to cure myself of this "curse" (role play lulz) has become incredibly satisfying.

I tried transforming into werewolf/vampire lord. Nope. Tried going to jail. Nope. Tried potions that restore health and health regen. Nope. Become Ethereal shout. Nope.

I figure the problem is regardless of what is done, a larger amount of health than I actually have is taken away immediately and nothing can boost that. I am stuck in the glitch, and must always wear an item of ludicrous health to swap clothes. It's funny.

Can you think of a solution, fellow thinkers? Do you possess the power of mind to cure a man of a most wicked curse??

lulz.

• 5 posts
    February 5, 2014 7:58 PM EST

Sleep in a bed for a few hours? That seems to cure everything

• 9 posts
    February 5, 2014 7:59 PM EST

lol he has an Achilles heel. 

Tried loading an earlier save?

• 249 posts
    February 5, 2014 8:09 PM EST
    I like problem solving :) Let me ask you this, what does your invincibility consist of? A massive Fortify Health enchant? I'll need to know every enchant you're using :)
    • 194 posts
    February 5, 2014 8:19 PM EST

No he was born this way. lol

• 194 posts
    February 5, 2014 8:27 PM EST

Yes. I can remove the coat by first equipping another item, such as a necklace, with the same health enchant. I have been thinking about making smaller and smaller health enchants until he can handle taking the item totally off.

So right now he's nude but a necklace that has an enchantment of -145752064... Oh my god.

I did it. The coat shows negative that number. But the necklace actually showed positive 145752064. I'm not sure if there's a consistency there. It just enchanted "differently".

So, for the record. If you encounter this problem, enchant more items with health until you get one that displays a positive number; you can then take this item off safely as the game won't register negative numbers... AKA death.

• 194 posts
    February 5, 2014 8:30 PM EST

Sorry for solving it right after posting, but it had to happen sometime as I was rigorously investigating this all day.

If you still want a problem to solve, however, I wouldn't mind getting rid of the blur effect that happens when you take off items of ludicrous health enchantments. As my character stands naked, the screen blurs in and out as if I had very low health. The only way to (temporarily) fix this is to reequip an item of ludicrous health.

Any ideas??

• 249 posts
    February 5, 2014 8:41 PM EST
    Just take damage. It should reset the screen.
    • 194 posts
    February 5, 2014 9:18 PM EST

Well. Another anticlimactic ending. :) But thanks. Works.

• 249 posts
    February 6, 2014 2:12 AM EST
    Lol we're problem solving BAs :D