Forums » Elder Scrolls

Think it's possible for a Dremora and a Man/Mer to have offsprin

• 79 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:32 PM EST

In Morrowind, it is said that Almalexia was the offspring of Boethiah and his 99 lovers however that can be taken with a grain of salt.. So I was wondering if it's possible for a Dremora and a man/mer (even beast) to have offspring.

At a glance, they both man and mer (and I suppose beasts), have the same general (outer) physiology as the Dremoras. Anyways it's something to think about. So what are your guys' opinion on the subject?

• February 2, 2014 11:35 PM EST

Dragonborn. Cept it was an aedra. 

Aedra, Daedra. Sith, Jedi. Same thing. 

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:36 PM EST

It is implied through dialogue with Serana that Daedra and mortals can have some form of intercourse, so it doesn't seem too much of a stretch that a mortal could be impregnated by a higher being, but I don't think there are any canon examples of this. 

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:38 PM EST

I don't think that Akatosh is the direct father to the Dragonborn. I thought it was more of a "here is a gift from birth" sort of thing, where he/she has a normal father and mother. Otherwise, the entire Septim line would all be half-brothers with their mothers being the wife of the next oldest brother which is a total mindfuck that I don't even want to think about. 

• 41 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:40 PM EST

Morlag bal and a girl made the vampires

• 79 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:41 PM EST

In the case of Serena it was more of rape in order to become a Daughter of Coldharbor. She didn't necessarily become Dremora, she just turned into a "true" Vampire due to an advanced and altered form of Vampirism.

By Dremora man/mer(/beast) offspring I meant given from birth they have blood of both running in their veins.

• February 2, 2014 11:44 PM EST

Is not a sword born of a swordsmith? and Youre forgetting Kyne

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:45 PM EST

Yeah, and my point was that if all the parts work (no, I will not draw you a picture), as in Serana's case, then it isn't to much of a stretch to assume that impregnation could happen. 

• 1913 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:47 PM EST
    In order to impregnate they need sperm.... Which I doubt beings of a higher power would fin any need of considering they have no gender and no need to reproduce given they are immortal.
    • 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:51 PM EST

You guys might want to be careful with the use of "specific" sexual words in this discussion, unless you want to get replies closed. 

Just a PSA. I have no authority over it, but I know that sexy talk usually gets flagged.

Notice my careful use of words like "intercourse" and "parts" instead of, well you get the idea.