Forums » Elder Scrolls

Personal head canon for NPC's

• 1913 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:19 PM EST
    What are stories or things you make up for a character in Skyrim? For me, I think Legate Rikke and Ulfric used to be a thing... But once he turned his back on the empire they split up... It would explain why he is so calm around her and not Tulius and why she is so angry at him during the debate...
    • 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:26 PM EST

That's an interesting concept. 

I have serious head canons about the player character and how they relate to certain NPCs from Skyrim and other games. 

For example, the original "Saryn" character I made was the cousin of the two women that ran Sarethi Farm. But since then there have been about 5 other Saryns. I just can't name male Dunmer anything else. 

• 1913 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:53 PM EST
    Love how when I bring up the idea many were saying "POST IT!"... I post it... Nobody wants to comment...
    • 291 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:57 PM EST

I don't know what to say yet.

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:58 PM EST

What am I? Chopped skeever?

• 1913 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:59 PM EST
    *looks carefully* since when could liver talk?
    • 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 12:06 AM EST

It says skeever. And it's a magic skeever that can talk, like Barbas. 

Anyway. I'll be sure to post more of my head canons here when I think of them. It's one of those things that you can't remember when you're trying to remember it, you know?

But, in case you're feeling deprived, I'll leave another form of head canon here for you:

• 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:54 PM EST

In my personal head canon, Kematu is right and Saadia is full of shit. 

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 2:24 PM EST
    Well we all are wrong every now and then :P
    • 47 posts
    February 3, 2014 2:55 PM EST

I've always assumed the same thing with the Ulfric- Rikke relationship... I think it's the moment during the Greybeard peace treaty that sells the idea to me.

I have a lot of head cannons however now I'm trying to think about them i can't remember any

One I do know is that I always say that Lydia is corrupt, no idea why it's just something I do.

If i think of anymore I'll post them

• 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 2:56 PM EST

I really just put this here out of meanness. 

• February 3, 2014 3:29 PM EST

well maybe kematu and saadia had a thing once:P and she ran away from him so he got some of his buddys to come hunt her down :P theres one for you

• 32 posts
    February 5, 2014 9:31 AM EST
    Mind =blown
  • February 5, 2014 10:12 AM EST

In my personal Headcannon, (which is ready to fire) Serana regrets ever becoming a vampire. The abuse from Molga Bal  has repressed her sexually and romantically. She will very likely never have a romantic relationship.  

• 338 posts
    February 5, 2014 10:13 AM EST

The game developers sort of made it that way.

• February 5, 2014 10:19 AM EST

So my headcannon aims true then. 

• 1913 posts
    February 5, 2014 11:08 AM EST
    That's not head canon... That is like saying it is my head canon that Obama became president...

I feel she could have a relationship, but rituals like marriage or being intake may be nigh impossible.
  • February 5, 2014 11:34 AM EST

My head canon is that he didn't. BOOM!

If what I said wasn't right, then what the heck is head canon?

• 1913 posts
    February 5, 2014 11:59 AM EST
    Head canon is what you think is true when it is either not true or has no proof that it is neither true nor false...

So, saying in my head canon Aela is the dovhkiin's ex is personal head canon cause there is no way to prove or disprove it and it is for my universe... If I said in my head canon Aela had red hair, I would be wrong cause she obviously has red hair...
  • February 5, 2014 12:02 PM EST

Oh ok. I'm smelling what you're stepping in. 

• February 5, 2014 12:13 PM EST

My new and improved head cannon is that Auriel agreed to help creation because Kyne did. Kyne agreed to help Shor because they were in love. Auriel didn't read the Contract for Creation, which stated that they will be bound to Mundus, and he signed it anyway. This binding clause was seen as trickery, and Auriel and Shor became enemies. Jealousy for Kyne's love brewed is Auriel's heart and soon war broke out between Shor and Lorkhan. 

It is a tragic love story, one of rejection, and vengeance. 

• 1913 posts
    February 5, 2014 12:43 PM EST
    See? That's head canon, lore edition :)
    • 404 posts
    September 14, 2014 2:52 AM EDT
    Lol, that is a good one.
    Also I do love a good theory.
    • 44 posts
    September 14, 2014 5:05 PM EDT
    Lydia is not an honorable Nord warrior. I see her as more of the bribery and secret dealings type. Anything to help her lord/lady succeed and/or push herself higher up the food chain. She's ruthless and will stop at nothing.
    • 75 posts
    September 14, 2014 5:21 PM EDT

My headcanon is that Vex is secretly into Delvin, despite how she acts towards him. I mean, hasn't anyone heard of the whole "he/she acts like she doesn't like you, but that means she's into you" thing? I think Vex just doesn't want to ruin her reputation in the Guild by hooking up with an old guy like Delvin.