Forums » Elder Scrolls

Crafting Robes, Arrows and dragon bone weapons

• 17 posts
    January 28, 2012 12:53 AM EST

I have been playing the crap out of Skyrim since it released and now I'm at a point where I'm getting picky with the game, I made a full mage who is using robes and I have made an archer type character and the biggest problems I have found with these guys is that (expecially for the mages) there is not enough craftable items for them. I haven't seen anything posting about this so i'll give it a try. What do you guys think about crafting Thalmor robes? Or Mythic Dawn robes? Arrows of course would make even more sense since Bethesda added firewood. Just give your thoughts.

P.S. I know of mods for this. I play on console.

• 6 posts
    January 28, 2012 8:31 AM EST

I would be all for this... I have tried to create mage/warrior type characters but still end up grabbing a bow and sneaking around... just can't seem to change the way I play:)  Anyway making your own arrows is pretty involved from what little I know, and I think a cool crafting system could be made out of it. Branches from certain trees could be harvested for the shafts, you would need feathers for the fletching, and the various ores/ingots already present in the game could be used for the heads. Whatever combination of materials used could determine the dmg value of the arrow. I don't think something like this is out of the realm of possibilities because the ammo hand loading system is fallout new vegas was similarly involved.  Maybe in the next elder scrolls game --for next gen consoles?-- they could add it, as well as crafting for robes and maybe clothing in general.

• 17 posts
    January 28, 2012 1:30 PM EST

Yes, I don't how that is related though.

• 17 posts
    January 28, 2012 1:36 PM EST

Thats a great idea for arrow making! I read in an interview with Todd Howard discussing DLC and he said that the team was taking in all the feedback of the fans so hopefully they will add this yet.

• 80 posts
    January 28, 2012 1:39 PM EST

Enchanting clothing and jewelry is more the thing for a mage character, but weapons and armor for resale.

• 80 posts
    January 28, 2012 1:41 PM EST

Agreed.  I have had the pleasure of taking a class in primitive arrow making once.  It was a lot of fun and very intricate.

• 17 posts
    January 28, 2012 7:23 PM EST

I was talking about crafting robes for enchanting them, thalmor robes look amazing but they are useless since all of them have only 12% destruction ratings

• 17 posts
    January 28, 2012 7:25 PM EST

You can't enchant anything that already has an enchantment even with the "put two enchantments on an item" perk. All thalmor, mythic dawn and good looking robes have terrible enchantments on them.