Forums » Elder Scrolls

Undead Chickens and Other Odd Occurrences

• 158 posts
    December 29, 2013 5:37 AM EST

So after 500+, maybe 800+, hours playing Skyrim, while searching the hills of the Rift for Scaly Pholiota with my alchemist, I just ran into a novice necromancer and his four undead chickens on a hilltop southeast of Ivarstead.  I laughed out loud for a good ten minutes.  I love this game for the utter randomness to be found while exploring.  

What priceless gems have you encountered late in your game?  What is your favorite oddity or novel encounter in Skyrim?

• 1483 posts
    December 29, 2013 5:39 AM EST

I was amazed when I saw him too! Did you try to take the chicken egg from the makeshift altar?

• 158 posts
    December 29, 2013 5:41 AM EST

I took several from the altar, killed the chickens, and collected the meat.  Good for damage magic regen, those eggs :)

• 1483 posts
    December 29, 2013 5:47 AM EST

Ah, I see, they were already raised on your character. The thing is when you get there undetected, the chicken are dead and lie around him. If you stealthily take the egg from the altar without alerting the necromancer all the chicken will rise 

• 158 posts
    December 29, 2013 3:21 PM EST
    ooh, cool!
    • 61 posts
    December 29, 2013 6:33 PM EST
    I get this wierd reccuring thing where If I take out an essential person with a super high damaging hit (shouting them down a hill usually) they won't get back up again. I can see their target locater on my compass, the combat music plays and I can't wait, but their body is flat out ragdoll on the floor. I can't drag or loot them, but if I sneak I can pickpocket them, and if I wait long enough, they get right back up again. It's so wierd!
    • 158 posts
    December 30, 2013 2:46 AM EST
    For some reason, I can't reply directly to posts, only to the original topic - maybe 'cos I'm on an ipad.

I've had the same thing happen, particularly when I tried to wipe out all the Legates in the Imperial camps. They just kinda hang there for a while...