Forums » Elder Scrolls

Changes to the Front Page

• 152 posts
    December 25, 2013 12:52 AM EST

As a frequenter to the site, I have become... accustomed to the front page having the Welcome up top. However, this Christmas Eve, I have been presented with an unexpected 'gift', with the Welcome portion of the Front Page on the bottom of the page.

Will someone please explain why this was thought to be better, with how the spotlight is now halfway down the page instead of in my face, and how the 'trending' discussions are now at the bottom.

I wonder what I have done on this site this year to deserve this lump of coal in my Skyrim Blog stocking...

• 557 posts
    December 25, 2013 1:02 AM EST

It's a temporary change for the holidays. Many people come here only to check on things briefly, and therefore the activity has been moved to the top. 

• 485 posts
    December 25, 2013 1:02 AM EST

This is temporary. They're taking a hiatus from feature content til the new year so they moved the welcome banner down. 

• 152 posts
    December 25, 2013 1:05 AM EST

It just seems like just such a drastic move for such a short time of the season. Personally, when I check for activity, I ignore the recent activity, and go straight to the "recent discussions" or whatever that section is