Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Aldmeri Dominion vs The Empire

• 3 posts
    December 16, 2013 11:18 AM EST

I don't think we really know enough about the Dominion right now, but considering the Emperor signed the concordat, and the Thalmor forced him to enforce it, even with considerable losses due to this, I find it unlikely that the Dominion isn't stronger than the Empire as it is in Skyrim. However I do also think that when the inevitable second war comes, the Empire may find friends in the Dominion's enemies. In truth, the conclusion will likely favour the Empire as it was stated: Bethesda favours the Empire.

• December 16, 2013 1:18 PM EST

30 years is plenty of time. That's almost 2 generations of soldiers wanting to fight. "Not saying the Empire doesn't have its strengths and resources but wars are won with the mind not with brawn" Didn't the Soviets just keep throwing men at the Germans during WWII? The Germans had superior soldiers, and crazy good generals.  Numbers can overwhelm even the best plans. 

• 661 posts
    December 16, 2013 1:26 PM EST

Yes I agree. No matter how determined a smaller force maybe. A larger one always overwhelms the smaller force.

• December 16, 2013 1:28 PM EST

Word.