Forums » Elder Scrolls

Bugs with Dead Thrall and "getlevel"

• 95 posts
    December 13, 2013 10:24 AM EST

Hi guys,

I discovered some bugs with Dead Thrall and "getlevel" . 

-somnetimes the getlevel command simply gives 0 as result. WTF. So just try the Dead Thrall spell, it will work or not.

-I tried to ressurect a Volkihar Master Vampire (I got a "getlevel" result lvl 46) and it didn't work, I got the message that target was too strong. However, I have the Necromage perk, so the limit should be 50. Any tips? (According to UESP this creature should appear only after player level 58, as a lvl 53 creature, I'm lvl 40,  so I really don't know what's going on  )

-If you ressurect Lokil as a Dead Thrall before you activate that stuff that stabs your hand, in the DG quest Awekening in the Dimhollow Cavern, during the activation he will attack you (I s*cked as I play on Master dif as a conjurer with no armor  ).

• 739 posts
    December 13, 2013 10:51 AM EST

In regards to that rogue Volkihar Master Vampire I've been ambushed by one at around level 30 (random encounter) and had the fight of my life...

I'm not sure why they sometimes turn up early but it hurts when they do. Like you said they should be a level 53 creature so dead thrall shouldn't work...

If its level is 46 then it may have something to do with the fact it's a buggy random encounter (it shouldn't have been there in the first place).

• 95 posts
    December 13, 2013 11:02 AM EST

An other quesrion: I saw usually they wear only a Vampire Boots and an armor. Knowing that Dead Thralls equip only the equioments they die in, will they equip a helmet or gloves if I give them?