Forums » Elder Scrolls

Moments in Skyrim that made me cry

• 5 posts
    December 7, 2013 11:57 PM EST
    So recently I was slaying a dragon and finally when I killed it, this omfg music came up. Like normal, I would just go with it. But then this scenic sunset just melted me. The music and the view was so soothing and the fact that there was a dragon skeleton, finally resting in Dragon-heaven (not so lore friendly, I have no idea where dragons go when they die) just ate me up. Then, since I had Serana as a follower, she just popped my soul with her "makes everything else worth it" line. But that wasn't the reason I cried. As I stood there silently for a few irl minutes, just staring at the moment, *BITE* A FUCKING WOLF OH SHIT OH SHIT then Serana killed it. I saved, turned off my Skyrim, and cried silently under my pillow for 10 minutes.

How about you? Had any moments where Skyrim made you cry? Tears of joy and oh shit cries count.
    • 130 posts
    December 8, 2013 12:04 AM EST

Well, they never made me cry, but guerrilla saber cats are gonna haunt my dreams forever. 

• December 8, 2013 12:05 AM EST

True Nords don't cry.

• 5 posts
    December 8, 2013 12:23 AM EST
    But...
  • December 8, 2013 12:27 AM EST

But nothing.

• December 8, 2013 12:27 AM EST

• 95 posts
    December 10, 2013 5:57 AM EST

Hey guys, this is only a game, don't forget it :D

• 158 posts
    December 10, 2013 6:36 AM EST

At about level 15-18 I found one of them stray dogs, just randomly, as we all have. At first, it was good having someone to soak up the hits (I was running an unarmored char), as well as deal a few here and there. I literally had this stray dog for dozens of levels, and despite the incessant and downright annoying barking, he still became apart of the character I was running at the time. It was no longer an unarmoured swordsman with a dog for a companion, it was the unarmoured swordsmen and his faithful hound. Obviously we all know where this goes. By the time I was in the 40s he was all but useless. i actually spent most of the time using healing hands on his sorry ass. I didn't need too. He wasn't a pivotal gameplay point to the character. But I still felt obliged too. Skyrim, this man made, virtual construct with no real world impact had made me care for this pixelated furball, who, was still aptly named "Stray Dog". Let me tell you right now, when I was in bonechill pass, being demolished by a frost troll it was he, the stray dog, the faithful hound who jumped to the rescue, soaking up 2 colossal thumps from the troll, giving me time to get the final hit, and slay the beast. But 2 hits was all it took to end a 25ish level companionship. I sat, for a good 3 minutes staring at the body. I was dumbstruck. I had forgotton what it was like before I had the stray dog. Eventually I left the cave and walked for a bit, noting the silence. No barking. Silence. And I shed 1 manly (I swear it was manly) tear. 

I would've named him Walter.

• 15 posts
    December 10, 2013 7:33 AM EST
    I see no reason to have emotions. I have removed all feelings of sorrow, happiness and anger ever since I killed my parents 5 years ago.
    • 48 posts
    December 10, 2013 8:21 PM EST

I agree and something like that happened to me when i was playing an orc and as soon as i saw my dog go down i went into berserker rage.

• 1595 posts
    December 10, 2013 8:34 PM EST

I have never cried over Skyrim - the Mass Effect games are the only ones to hold that honour - but I found the dialogue of the Great War veteran who hangs around The Ratway Warrens near Esbern's place to be quite poignant.

• 61 posts
    December 17, 2013 5:58 PM EST
    The closest I got to crying in Skyrim was a terrible battle at Valtheim towers. It is worthy to note that I had a high duration slow time shout in effect at the time and the epic music from tha "Fallen Angel" scene from Dragon Quest IX playing. Me and Lydia (before I realised she was a moody cow) were fighting back to back on the bridge and I had just pulled my axe head from the face of a bandit when I heard (and felt) a fireball explode on the ground behind my character, and when I turned in slow-mo to face Lydia I saw her sailing through the air, flaming into the waters below followed by her sword and shield. By the eight I was pissed. I shouted the storm call (I forgot to mention 100% fortify shouts) as a bandit chief and his 2 little bum-buddies ran at me. From where I was standing it looked like everytime I hit one of them the lightning struck my axe and hit them with a thousand times more energy. As I decapitated the bandit mage, I looked back and saw Lydia's body dissapear along the river. I did have to take a break for a bit and then write it down so I would never forget what happened to her, but I didn't cry. (I cried from laughter when I turned Marcurio into a sweetroll in the Riften market with the Wabbajack though)
    • 641 posts
    December 17, 2013 6:19 PM EST

Yea same here, I unleashed fury on them stupid elves that killed my dog

• 1483 posts
    December 17, 2013 7:05 PM EST

Same here, Phil. The most emotionally engaging games I've ever played!