Forums » General Gaming

Vampire Lord bugs (PC)?

• 1 posts
    December 4, 2013 8:13 PM EST

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I need some help :) I play Skyrim on PC through Steam. I've ran into a number of  bugs with Vampire Lord, and I'm not sure how to fix them.

On one of my characters, I accepted Harkon's gift at the first opportunity. When I try to transform, it defaults me to Blood Magic mode... but both claws will be empty. It won't let me cast the drain / raise spells, nor can I access my favorites menu. In order to get blood magic to work OR access my favorites, I need to descend to ground mode, sheathe my claws, ascend to blood magic, and then unsheathe my claws.

Is there any way to fix this so Vampire Lord works as intended? I've heard that uninstalling / reinstalling Dawnguard DLC will work, but I'm not sure how I could do that with steam. Are there any console commands I could input? Thanks!

• 162 posts
    December 5, 2013 3:39 AM EST

I'm afraid reinstall is the only option here, when rolling back to another save won't work. (see bugs session here)

To uninstall/reinstall this should be the way:

Just uninstall the game through Steam (right click>Delete Local Content) then go to your <Wherever Steam is installed>/steamapps/common directory, and delete the entire "Skyrim" folder, then reinstall through Steam.
    The texture pack should be tied to your game in your Steam account and should be uninstalled/reinstalled automatically along with Skyrim.

When using mods I recommend to follow the guildlines in this Nexus tread.

Good luck.