Forums » Elder Scrolls

Other Armors?

• 365 posts
    November 30, 2013 2:46 PM EST

I'm sure there might have been a thread about this already, but I couldn't seem to locate one.

What other armors would you like to have seen in Skyrim? (Try to keep them Lore Friendly...if someone says "Yeh, Batman's cape of course lolz!! :DDD" They're getting a slap... )

I thought of a good one earlier, actually. "Why isn't there a Soul-Gem armor?" I mean, you see all these soul gem fragments lying around, and since the blacksmiths can craft a couple of pauldrons from a dead dragon, why can't they do it with a few hundred soulgems?

I even took the liberty of doing a mock-up of what it might look like in Skyrim....

So, what armors would you guys like to see in Skyrim? (Yes, Morrowind Armors are a given!...)

• 1913 posts
    November 30, 2013 2:50 PM EST
    That looks creepy... It's the eyes... They're white and lifeless like a doll's eyes...
    • 1913 posts
    November 30, 2013 2:51 PM EST
    For me, light ebony armor... I thought ebony would have been better as light armor since it was black and could have been used to sneak and run around more.
    • 70 posts
    November 30, 2013 3:58 PM EST

I want battlemage robes. They would be various set of light cloth armour with metal plates over vital areas like the chest and shoulders. They all carry a small inherent armour bonus but do not interfere with Mage Armour perks. They would also come pre-enchanted with a fortify elemental damage enchantment that increases with the tier of robes (Novice, Apprentice, Adept, Expert, Master, Ascendant) and the Master and Ascendant ones also come with another mage related enchantment (Ascendant Battlemage Robes of Resurgence for example). These would really fill the gap for battlemages who have to either lose defence with robes or go with Heavy Armour and have to take enchanting.

• 360 posts
    November 30, 2013 4:19 PM EST
    I want more hoods, and masks that don't look like the ones in the game
    • 189 posts
    November 30, 2013 4:26 PM EST

Mithril. One of my favorite armors from past TES games. So disappointed that they didn't have it in Skyrim.

Also, not an armor, but I wish Skyrim had some cloaks and capes that you could wear over your armor.

• 1595 posts
    November 30, 2013 4:47 PM EST

Horse Armour

• 47 posts
    November 30, 2013 4:52 PM EST

Yess!!! even just a craftable fur cape or a black cape, would be able to make some seriously cool armor combos

• 194 posts
    November 30, 2013 4:57 PM EST

I just appreciate diversity, for the players' sake. I would want both more realistic and more unrealistic armors to cater to as many needs a possible. A lot of the leather, iron, and steel items were great for realistic role plays, and the Daedric and Stalhrim were great for creating a true fantasy character.

If I could think of one set I'd like, it would be a proper set of plate armor, that may resemble a mix of steel plate with Blades Armor. The idea is that you have many, many plates working together to increase mobility. The steel plate in game makes it look like its misconception, like you can't move in it. In reality, plate armor was incredibly advanced and very mobile, though heavy.

• 189 posts
    November 30, 2013 5:18 PM EST

Phil wins the thread. I'll pay $20 for a Horse Armor DLC!

• 1595 posts
    November 30, 2013 5:22 PM EST

Ha! How many horses have you seen die because for want of a little armour? Those wolves have a habit of going right under the horse and avoiding my attacks.

Seriously, Mithril is a good call Teccam. I loved that set in Oblivion. The simple Chain armour was good too.

• 194 posts
    November 30, 2013 6:37 PM EST

Once again, jealous of PC users who can download the mod which makes each dragon priest mask truly unique.

• 14 posts
    November 30, 2013 9:10 PM EST

Ranger armor made out of the same material that the Dawnguard armor, Except dark brown with a black cloak and a hood similar to the Nightingale cowl but with a maskless variant as well.

I wish I played on pc....

• 189 posts
    November 30, 2013 9:20 PM EST

It's not brown, but try the "gray ranger" look as presented by Jolly in Nelaf's Armor Catalogue:

• 95 posts
    December 2, 2013 12:48 AM EST

My only problem with armors that light armor helmets look crap. All of them, except for hoods and dragon priest masks 

• 360 posts
    December 4, 2013 5:25 PM EST

why you gotta bring this up? I am not here to start a console vs pc disscussion, I lack the pacience, so yeah, sure, good for you that you have mods, bad for me that can not buy a quality pc 

• 194 posts
    December 4, 2013 5:53 PM EST

It's got the look. But a console player still has to put up with less than perfect enchantments, even with Linwe's set.

• 159 posts
    December 4, 2013 7:16 PM EST

Hmm I would love more cloaks and hoods especially on db armor as it screams assassin to others and it should be covered or hidden  with a cloak at least to be more stealthy. Hmm more savage shirtless armor would be great..... Dragon priest robes and headgear would be great.... and more masks and hoods!      

• 2 posts
    December 4, 2013 7:33 PM EST
    For some reason I wish there were such a thing as Daedric Robes. They would be considered light armour, so not true robes, and they'd look like a merging of a thinner, less spikey set of Daedric Armour, but with the arm and leg pieces swapped out for cloth of some sort. The chest piece would be less extravagant, but still have the Daedric feel, with the red glow.
    • 162 posts
    December 5, 2013 3:03 AM EST

Something like this?

• 127 posts
    December 5, 2013 8:06 PM EST

This is precisely what I thought, too.  Though perhaps it might look a lot like the Nightingale armour.  Forged out of midnight, or whatever...

On a slightly similar yet separate note entirely, I'm curious about a heavy variation of Forsworn armour.  Could look pretty good, with a more nature aspect for those that way inclined.  Like a bear-skull pauldron and hide across a skeletal frame.

• 21 posts
    December 6, 2013 4:15 AM EST
    Still my all time favorite armor combo in the game!
    • 21 posts
    December 6, 2013 4:19 AM EST
    Cloaks, lots more of those! And some heavy elven armor. Something that has that same weird feather look, and is made of moonstone etc., but for an altmer tank! And hoods that you don't have to join a guild to obtain... Where did all those imperial battle mages in Helgen get their hoods, anyways?
    • 61 posts
    December 6, 2013 11:26 AM EST

Wooden practice armour. in all seriousness, wooden swords with wooden practice armour (A set of light and heavy) to spar with your follower (I do this with Sven, but we use leather armour). Another idea would be to have the wooden practice able to be upgraded as many times as possible but with an increasing amount of wood needed every 5th upgrade, then give it a value similar to an iron dagger, so it could be used to train smithing without buying ore or hunting for leather.

• 89 posts
    December 6, 2013 11:30 AM EST

Chainmail or ringmail. I love scaled, but its the only realisticish looking higher tier light armor, and I want mail.