Forums » Elder Scrolls

My first time...

• 34 posts
    November 14, 2013 10:21 PM EST
    So I've just created my first ever Nord character (and I've played this game for how long) and it's also going to be my first Stormcloak play through, and my first time using a shield with a one-handed weapon. I usually play sneaky characters so this is all new to me. Any tips on how I could exchange careful sneak type into ARGH IM GONNA SMASH YOUR FACE IN WITH MY SHIELD type? Also how to properly use the skills of a Nord?
  • November 14, 2013 10:24 PM EST

First off, your mind set is wrong. Shields are meant for defense and caution. Play smart. BLOCK. Use a sword. That way, you can be a defensive player, but attack quickly. Understand what I'm saying?

• 63 posts
    November 14, 2013 10:26 PM EST

a tip from self experience, when using the quick reflexes shield perk, don't dodge the attack. the game glitches and slows down everything for a long time. I dodged a drauger deathlord's attack and had to walk slowly through the rest of the crypt until it finally wore off and I was promptly klled by the remaining 20ish deathlords all at once.

• 1913 posts
    November 14, 2013 10:26 PM EST
    Wait... So... I'm supposed to use a shield... To... Block??? What sorcery is this?!
  • November 14, 2013 10:29 PM EST

I'm saying that people forget the importance of blocking. 

• 34 posts
    November 14, 2013 10:30 PM EST
    Haha, I never would have guessed it. But yeah, I'll probably put in a lot of perks to blocking. But I think I'll use an axe, they look cooler :)
    • 34 posts
    November 14, 2013 10:35 PM EST
    Wow, you'd think the developers would realise something like that and fix it! Another bug to add to the ever growing list of Skyrim bugs.
    • 17 posts
    November 15, 2013 2:21 PM EST

Never happened to me...

• 268 posts
    November 15, 2013 3:19 PM EST
    You know, being the dirty minded person that I am, I thought the title implied something different. :D
    • 1913 posts
    November 15, 2013 3:37 PM EST
    So did everyone...
    • 34 posts
    November 16, 2013 7:15 AM EST

That totally wasn't intentional, I swear.

• November 16, 2013 10:56 AM EST

You could put it under your arse and sled down the Throat of the World.

• 249 posts
    November 16, 2013 4:30 PM EST
    That's a very rare glitch Krilk. In fact, I always dodge the attack and I've NEVER had the slow mo last through an entire dungeon. It happens more so when multiple Power Attacks are blocked. And usually once their attack animations end, the slow motion does too.
    • 1483 posts
    November 16, 2013 4:49 PM EST

You are not slowed with Quick Reflexes. Slow Time shout does slow you down but you move with a full speed when using Quick Reflexes