Forums » Elder Scrolls

Bars and Inns!

• 159 posts
    November 8, 2013 10:07 PM EST

Wheres your favorite Bar,or Inn in skyrim? where do you share stories of your conquest's, gather rumors, or just grab a mug of mead  and sit be the fire? Mine personally is the ragged flagon! But what is yours! 

• 69 posts
    November 8, 2013 10:41 PM EST
    Mine is the sleeping giant inn in riverwood, or nightgate inn in the pale I believe.
    • 61 posts
    November 9, 2013 5:37 AM EST

I do enjoy the Nightgate Inn for it's natural surroundings but I do like some of the more bustling bars with better bards like the Winking Skeever.

• 1595 posts
    November 9, 2013 5:59 AM EST

I try and avoid the Bannered Mare because of Saadia if I'm playing an honourable character. I guess the inn I have spent the most time in is either the Sleeping Giant or Moorside Inn. Deadman's Drink is probably my favourite because the town is so gloomy it actually feels like I'm getting in out of the wet when I pass through.

• 2 posts
    November 9, 2013 6:30 AM EST

Probably the Bannered Mare for the warm, friendly atmosphere.

• 700 posts
    November 9, 2013 9:45 PM EST

I like Candlehearth Hall in Windhelm the most. The open space, the dim lighting, the perpetually burning candle on the hearth that gave the hall its name; the atmosphere created in Candlehearth Hall is calm, and feels safe in an otherwise dark and treacherous city. 

• 365 posts
    November 9, 2013 9:48 PM EST

Candlehearth Hall is probably the worst! The bard is f*cking AWFUL!

It's actually the reason I don't roleplay my characters going into inns anymore. Especially in Windhelm, anyway.

• 365 posts
    November 9, 2013 9:48 PM EST

I do agree on the atmosphere there, you hit the nail on the head there, mate.

EDIT: The atmosphere aside from the bard, of course.

• 291 posts
    November 9, 2013 9:53 PM EST

Probably the Bee and Barb.  It's a little busier than most of the inns, has a nice layout and open common room, and feels the most like a place where I would happily go eat.  (I mean it has tables to gods' sake.)

I rather like Talen-Jei.  He may well be one of my favorite Argonians in the game.

• 249 posts
    November 9, 2013 9:58 PM EST
    Nightingate Inn will always hold a place in my heart after I murdered the Gourmet and hid his body. Besides, you can get a Blade's Sword without doing the main quest, here.
    • 700 posts
    November 9, 2013 10:00 PM EST

I actually like the bard there. I certainly don't consider her awful. If you wan't awful, go pay the bard in the Winking Skeever to sing. Rather, wait until she sings something - she doesn't deserve the five Septims. 

• 365 posts
    November 9, 2013 10:06 PM EST

Actually, yeah, she's much worse.

• 700 posts
    November 9, 2013 10:14 PM EST

You would think the Bards College would have chosen someone better to represent the very city they're based in.