Forums » Elder Scrolls

What really grinds your gears in Skyrim?

• 167 posts
    October 27, 2013 3:35 AM EDT

I just got he most BS death ever, killcam the instant I kill a random bandit chief, who proceeded to drop dead after he smashed my face with his ax. Have you had a similar experience? If not, then what else frustrates you about Skyrim?

• 158 posts
    October 27, 2013 3:42 AM EDT

The enemy killcams on master and legendary are brutal , makes running an unarmoured character against a two hander an all around terrifying experience!

• 167 posts
    October 27, 2013 3:48 AM EDT

Yeah, Two-Handers are slow, if you're quick enough on an unarmored character you can pull off a thermopylae style standoff with them, and likely beat them. Just stay out of that 5-foot reach, or get ready to be headbutted a million times...

• 26 posts
    November 12, 2013 7:07 AM EST

The lengths that players have to go just to get decent unarmed damage... especially with those awesome unarmed finishing moves.

• 661 posts
    November 12, 2013 12:58 PM EST

Trying to get past lvl 10 gets me really pissed off. Then dying when you've got sufficient experience, and forgetting to save it. The lvl 10 thing always gets me though.

• 661 posts
    November 12, 2013 12:59 PM EST

I dont believe people when they claim to do a 100 health thing only on Master. Its impossible, a Battle-axe, or a mace always catches me when I attempt it.

• 661 posts
    November 12, 2013 1:00 PM EST

Its not that hard. You just got to get the enchantment for unarmed. Then you are set. I consider an extra 10 points decent damage.

• 189 posts
    November 12, 2013 1:39 PM EST

Have you seen James's discussion in T&T, An Argument for Marked for Death? Using only Khajiit claws + Gloves of the Pugilist + Ring of the Beast + Marked for Death, with no glitches/exploits/crafting, his base unarmed damage was 52 (on Adept), and after 11 seconds of MfD, that's doubled. If you pick up Alchemy and make potions of Fortify Archery, you can potentially double that damage again. And again, that's without grinding crafting skills or abusing any exploits.

• 1483 posts
    November 12, 2013 2:34 PM EST

It is possible if you don't get into melee range. Use stealth, archery, Illusion... Not a good idea for DiD playthrough though... 

• 159 posts
    November 12, 2013 2:48 PM EST

The dumb controls behavior of dragon flying in dragonborn dlc   I mean they really could let us off with more freedom than just flying in a large circle? HMM!

• 661 posts
    November 12, 2013 3:18 PM EST

@Vazgen Yea, but you are bound to be caught by that swing one day or another.

• 1483 posts
    November 12, 2013 3:22 PM EST

Yes, but it's tolerable. Not like you die every few minutes. 

• 61 posts
    November 12, 2013 3:26 PM EST

It's not so much Skyrim, but I wish Bethesda would just tell us what a Tsaesci looks like, or at least give us a reasonable account of one in an in-game book. But anyway that's not important, I don't like not being able to ride a horse in 1st person. I used to play a lot of Mount & Blade and so 3rd person mounted archery really doesn't feel right for me. That silly Dragon riding business makes me angry as well, the Dragon will always turn the opposite way I want it to fly, I would like to see an update to Dragon riding in one of the patch updates.

• 118 posts
    November 12, 2013 3:34 PM EST
    Drain Vitality can stop them from using power attacks which helps a lot I find
    • 661 posts

I still dont like it.

• 661 posts

Or believe it.

• 118 posts
    November 12, 2013 3:35 PM EST
    I do approx. 120 damage per attack on Master (and growing 9% per second). The days of people believing you need to use exploits to do unarmed should be over.
    • 118 posts
    November 12, 2013 3:39 PM EST
    The thing I hate the most is you jump farther when in 1st person. As a dedicated 3rd person player it annoys me that there are some jumps where I have to switch just to make it. I wager this might be something a lot of people are unaware of but it annoys me so much.
    • 365 posts
    November 12, 2013 3:42 PM EST

FYI I already had a discussion exactly like this here...

• 1595 posts
    November 12, 2013 4:05 PM EST

Now I'm caught in an infinite loop...

• 167 posts
    November 12, 2013 4:23 PM EST

Never saw it, nothing wrong with reviving an old topic anyways. I'm sure that someone posted something similar even before you...

• 17 posts
    November 12, 2013 4:41 PM EST

Ah Mount&Blade, great game.

• 622 posts
    November 12, 2013 7:35 PM EST
    He never said that.
    • 47 posts
    November 13, 2013 12:59 AM EST
    Hey, hey, hey, hey... Shut up no one asked for your input about Nelaf who never even said anything about his discussion other than he already posted almost the same topic.
    • 700 posts
    November 13, 2013 1:01 AM EST

When Skyrim freezes more than once in a session.  There was one thing that made me quit Skyrim for a few months though.  Long ago, I made a mage who ended up being one of my favorite characters to play.  I was exploring a Dwarven ruin, and I wish I could remember which one so that I may damn it; I fell into a corner that had pipes surrounding  it, making it impossible for me to get out.  I tried everything I could think of for hours and turned to the internet for help.  Alas, nothing could fix it, so I gave up and played something else for awhile. When I came back, I deleted the character and moved on.