• 55 posts
    October 22, 2013 11:21 PM EDT

Nah dude. I don't live that life 

• 557 posts
    October 22, 2013 11:22 PM EDT

These......these are bad.

• 140 posts
    October 22, 2013 11:23 PM EDT

Happy Tree Friends?  That sounds like an awesome group costume idea!  And super cute...you have to remember though, sometimes little kids are scared of Santa, so it is nothing you all did.  Actually, I am very impressed with your improv Superman.

Ha!  I think haunted houses have become more intense over the years...the last one I went to was when I was 17, and, ahem, that was a couple decades ago.  So I am in the wimp category, too!  

• 249 posts
    October 22, 2013 11:24 PM EDT
    Yea, I don't anymore. I was kind of an a**hole as a teen. Ya live, ya learn.
    • 140 posts
    October 22, 2013 11:25 PM EDT

Oh no!  I think I am going to owe you therapy, too Emer!    Just do not watch a video...don't press that button...

• 140 posts
    October 22, 2013 11:27 PM EDT

Ah, makes more sense now.  My searches kept giving me the island.

• 55 posts
    October 22, 2013 11:32 PM EDT

It's funny, our families were all saying it was a cute idea too, meanwhile we are standing around trying to be taken serious for once in our lives. But it was a good time all in all. 

Really though? I think they are becoming less intense. Or maybe its just because I am growing up. When I was little I was scared to death of them and horror movies. But now I just laugh my head off to everyone I go to. The funny thing is, my girlfriend is 18 and I don't think she has ever been to one so that must make her a super wimp or something along those lines!

• 55 posts
    October 22, 2013 11:37 PM EDT

I would hope not if you're 24! Lol. I wasn't necessarily an angel growing up, but if I got caught doing something like that my dad would have whooped my ass! And trust me, he would have found out 

• 249 posts
    October 22, 2013 11:47 PM EDT
    Haha well my parents split up and mom wasn't exactly the Terminator. Being a heathen just got old and I grew out of it. I think living on my own and taking on a ton of responsibility was the catalyst.
    • 55 posts
    October 22, 2013 11:50 PM EDT

I completely understand, my mother passed away when was little and my father when I was a teenager. Now I live with my older brother, which is practically like living on my own lol. So I had to grow up real fast or else things would have gotten even worse. 

• 1913 posts
    October 22, 2013 11:52 PM EDT
    I may post the teletubbie photo on Halloween... I have no shame :P
    • 249 posts
    October 23, 2013 12:04 AM EDT
    Definitely, sometimes when people get that kind of freedom, they get wild. It takes some willpower and insight to make the best of the life you're dealt. Woops, didn't mean to get off topic here, Kynareth. :p
    • 55 posts
    October 23, 2013 12:06 AM EDT

Oh yeah, sorry Kyn!

So how about them haunted houses, eh?

• 661 posts
    October 23, 2013 12:18 AM EDT
    Halloween was extremely taboo in my family because the people raising my brothers, sister, and I claimed it was "The Devil's Night". However they were chill enough some years to allow us to enjoy it. Like this one time for example they allowed us to go to a dance, and my brother was wearing a sheet with two eye holes. He only swayed all evening never really making an attempt to dance.

My fav costume had to be when I was pirate in grade four. A high school counsellor working at our elementary school wanted everyone in the class to be dressed up so she bought me a fake sword that was curved. Drew a fake goatee, and a stitched up scar. I got an eye-patch, and bandana. However it was a crappy Halloween. Started snowing at four and never let up. By the end of the evening there was at least a foot of snow. I also broke my sword, and that really ruined that night.

The worst would have to have been this clown I was with one Halloween. He wasn't even creepy looking, but he was a freakin' clown! That shit didn't get any scarier than that.

A full box of Smarties. No not a full small box. A full box.

An orange that somehow exploded in my pillow-case bag. Got all over my candy making it sticky, and gave it a citrus like taste.

I tried to one time, but I was caught, and told to leave. That was just how bad it was. It was like one of those schemes you know is gonna go downhill from square one.

I watch Horror movies, or do nothing. It makes me sad when I can't celebrate holidays. So I try and make up for it by watching old Horror Flicks. However those are getting really boring now. EXCEPT! The Army of Darkness. Some movies are worth waiting a year to watch. Kinda like my little tradition for myself.
    • 167 posts
    October 23, 2013 12:22 AM EDT

Uno: Went as Altair on my last year trick-or-treating, that had to be one of the best days for me ever, I was like the coolest kid on the block. (Though I usually was, all my costumes were custom-made)

Dos: A freaking sheet with two misaligned holes for eyes. Nuff said.

Tres:I didn't have a favorite... Just chocolate bars in general I guess...

Cuatro: Some guy just dumped a whole bag of almond joy's in my bag, and I'm allergic to coconuts...

Cinco: No... At least not yet... 

Seis: I go out, scare some little kids who's parents aren't with em' then go in, and eat whatever candy we've got left.

• 426 posts
    October 23, 2013 1:24 AM EDT

This is a fun one:

1. I would have to say my best was a Psycho Surgeon. I had homw made knives and hachets covered in blood. My Mrs went as my "experiment" with fake throat slash and everything mwhahahahahaha

2. Worst costume was probably when I was younger and I just had one of those cheap plastic monster masks.

3. Money was always the best but getting a full size chocolate bar was always good too.

4. Worst was fruit or an I.O.U lol they def got tricked for that.

5. The usual stuff, silly string, foam, and toilet paper. Sometimes sprayed through the letter box mwhahahahaha

6. Mostly it will be fancy dress parties with plenty of drinks, good friends and music. No more trick or treating not until I have my own kids.

• 249 posts
    October 23, 2013 9:06 AM EDT
    I'm also 6'3" and a string bean. Pants that fit me are non-existent.
    • 739 posts
    October 23, 2013 9:06 AM EDT

1. What was your best costume?

A couple of years ago I was running very late to a halloween party. I dashed into a fancy dress shop to find something to wear but all they had left was absolute garbage. Knowing that there would be prizes for the most scary costume I eventually decided to splash some cash on this awesome thing locked up behind the counter...

...'The Nemesis' from Resident Evil 2!!

I got home and shoved on my black flasher mac. Job done, nobody was competing with me after that...

Since then 'The Nemesis' has visited several more parties and comes in different flavours each year (radiation suit/grim reaper cloak....you get the idea)

2. What was your worst costume?

Can't remember my worst. Probably involved a bin bag...

3. What was your favourite treat?

Champagne!

4. What was your worst treat?

A bag of nuts from one of my great grandparents, she was a little eccentric and didn't like them once she'd sucked the chocolate off...

5. Favoured 'trick'?

'The Nemesis' now comes out at this time every year! He answers the door to all the local kids when they come trick or treating....they don't come round as much these days.

6. What do I do now at halloween?

As above, I'll be getting him out of his cage very shortly come to think of it...

• 140 posts
    October 23, 2013 12:11 PM EDT

A full box of Smarties, JD?  Do you consume it all in one sitting, and if so, when does the twitching stop?  

Pirates are awesome, Jonathan...and what a great counselor you had to give you that sword!  And what is it about clowns?!  

• 140 posts
    October 23, 2013 12:18 PM EDT

Ah, Miraak, so you are the one I have to watch out for when taking my kids out trick or treating?    Watch out...that person in costume that has the height of a fifth grader might be a mom in disguise...

Altair?  That is fabulous!  How long did it take for you to assemble it?

• 140 posts
    October 23, 2013 12:33 PM EDT

Guy, that is an awesome picture...psycho surgeons, psycho clowns...for some reason I am hearing a Talking Heads song echoing in my brain!    Seriously, you both look like you had a great time!

Wow, you all getting money for treats is pretty amazing...definitely worth trudging around the neighborhood for.  And it seems you have the evil laugh down just perfectly, Guy!  Have you all decided what it is going to be this year costume-wise?

• 140 posts
    October 23, 2013 12:35 PM EDT

Popcorn balls??  I cannot believe I forgot about those!  I think I usually pitched those, as the one time I had it, it tasted pretty stale (and that was before all the razors in candy scare). 

Your costume Ben, sounds udderly amoozing!  How could you only have a "little fun" in that??

• 140 posts
    October 23, 2013 12:43 PM EDT

Mason, when that Nemesis photo popped up on my computer screen, I literally jumped up and away from it...sounds like you could scare more than little kiddies with that thing...

Champagne??  Between that and Lex's zeppole, I think I would plop myself on the corner with my loot and be very, very happy!

Your number 4.....  That is all that can be said to that...

• 661 posts
    October 23, 2013 12:44 PM EDT

There is no big deal about clowns now that I went to NYC where I seen some cool ones. It was just that I watched "It" at a very young age. A little too young actually. I was wicked sugar fiend as a kid. I'd have twitched if it wasn't for the smarties.