Forums » The Lounge

Where does your sports allegiance lie?

• 966 posts
    October 19, 2013 9:16 AM EDT

No, not another civil war discussion. SPORTS! What's your favorite sport, and what is your favorite team?

My favorite team is PEC Zwolle, as you may have guessed, I live in Zwolle. They're not a well known team, we reached the highest level of football last year, we finished 11th out of 18 that year, we're currently in 3rd place. They've already beaten clubs like PSV and Feynoord. My second favorite club is PSV, and then there's the Dutch National Team. Going to win the next world cup in Brazil ofcourse.

I don't really watch anything besides football, I play rugby once and a while, but besides that it's all football.

Oh, and no soccer vs football or football vs handegg discussions. Too tired for that shit.

• 7 posts
    October 19, 2013 9:34 AM EDT
    Favourite sport has to be football and my favourite team is Glasgow Rangers we're currently in Scottish League one but we will get back to the top soon enough
    • 966 posts
    October 19, 2013 9:41 AM EDT

An uncle of mine lives in Glasgow, we went to a match when I was there. They played pretty well. Good luck to them!

• 1483 posts
    October 19, 2013 9:42 AM EDT

Love the last sentence 

My favorite sport is football, with Manchester United and Armenian National Team as favorite teams. Not going to World Cup, but still  I'll support Dutch on the World Cup though, along with England 

Other than football I enjoy watching biathlon and support Norwegian team there 

• 291 posts
    October 19, 2013 9:44 AM EDT

I've come to really like Amurican Football in the last few years.  Only the college level, though.  I cheer for UGA or South Carolina.  Or any SEC team, really.

But I'm not that big of a sports nut.  It's just something to do on Saturdays.

• 490 posts
    October 19, 2013 9:47 AM EDT
    College football (not soccer) and professional hockey.

Philadelphia Flyers.
    • 966 posts
    October 19, 2013 9:48 AM EDT

Manchester United is my favorite English team too, I just hope Van Persie cleans up his act there.

Good! We need all the support we can get. :p We should've won in 2010. But it will happen now, it must.

• 118 posts
    October 19, 2013 10:45 AM EDT
    He only sport that matters is hockey!

The pride, and shame, of being from Toronto is being a Leafs fan.
    • 1483 posts
    October 19, 2013 10:52 AM EDT

He scored one and Man United lead 1-0 after the first half  The Germans look strong though, they may be a problem. And Brasil can get their act together, playing home and all that 

• 966 posts
    October 19, 2013 10:55 AM EDT

Our greatest problem has always been the defense, but it's finally looking good this year. We can beat any team if we're on form.

Germans are always dangerous.

• 1483 posts
    October 19, 2013 10:58 AM EDT

Yeah, Turkey could score a lot in the last game, have they more luck and class...  Too bad Edwin hanged the boots...  

• 966 posts
    October 19, 2013 11:01 AM EDT

If we had Van Der Sar in 2010 we would have won without conceding a single goal.

• 271 posts
    October 19, 2013 11:15 AM EDT
    Aaaah, Van der sar... what a king. De Gea is really good, but Van der sar is unbeatable in my opinion.
    • 271 posts
    October 19, 2013 11:17 AM EDT
    Football for 100% (as you may have noticed) and my absolute favorite team is Manchester United (My emblem!)

Other then that, it must be my own homeclub Malungs IF. Mainly because I play there :P
    • 966 posts
    October 19, 2013 11:20 AM EDT

Nobody messed with Van der Sar. That guy could probably kill someone with a single kick..

• 966 posts
    October 19, 2013 11:23 AM EDT

How's your team doing? Scored a lot lately?

• 271 posts
    October 19, 2013 11:27 AM EDT
    He had better control with his feet then all of Netherland put together! :P
    • 966 posts
    October 19, 2013 11:28 AM EDT

No, just no. That's Robben.

• 47 posts
    October 19, 2013 11:34 AM EDT
    I love football but I'm out of the season because I broke my thumb. My favorite team's the Packers.
    • 856 posts
    October 19, 2013 11:39 AM EDT

My favorite sport is soccer. It is because of the skill involved and constant action/maneuvering. I really just enjoying watching the game and do not have a favorite team (except for the US women's), although I may prefer one team over another in a particular match.

I used to watch American football, but it became too commercialized and has too many interruptions in play. 3+ hours of viewing time for 11 minutes of action became too much for me to bear.

• 966 posts
    October 19, 2013 11:42 AM EDT

I never got the thing with American football lasting so long only having short bursts of action. Guess I shouldn't be suprised it's all about commercials.

A good football match could keep anyone on the edge of their seats for 45 minutes. And then another 45 minutes.

• 1483 posts
    October 19, 2013 11:55 AM EDT

Damn, this is pathetic! 1-1 on Old Trafford with Southampton! Moyes is crazy! 

• 1483 posts
    October 19, 2013 11:58 AM EDT

US women's is my favorite of women national teams! 

• 966 posts
    October 19, 2013 11:58 AM EDT

They messed up. Why did they get Moyes in the first place anyway?

• 1483 posts
    October 19, 2013 12:01 PM EDT

Supposed to be a long-term investment... Still, the results and tactic are not encouraging. Fellaini - Everton-class player, takes him off along with Rooney and Nani and substitutes them with Welbeck, Giggs and Smalling! The only one doing something after that substitution is Giggs!