Forums » Elder Scrolls

Aldmeri Dominion Vs Dragonborn

• 185 posts
    October 17, 2013 2:36 PM EDT
    The dragonborn is powerful.
    He has dragon allies,he defeated alduin,killed miraak and harkon,and smashed the rebellion
    he is a master of the thu'um and a powerful warrior
    if the dragonborn join the fight against the thalmor,the empire have a chance of victory? because the imperial army will be helped by dragons and a warrior with the power of the voice and gifts given to him by hermaeus mora himself!
    but i don't know the power of the dominion,they can win the war even if the dragonborn fight?
    • 661 posts
    October 17, 2013 2:41 PM EDT

Nice assumptions, but I don't think it'd take the fight to them. I think it'd be more worried about Tosh Raka.

Fix your errors dude. That is kinda hard on the eyes.

• 185 posts
    October 17, 2013 2:47 PM EDT
    Sorry for the mistakes,but i don't know if i can edit the post in my phone
    • 661 posts
    October 17, 2013 2:49 PM EDT

yea... Just wait til you get home.

• 856 posts
    October 17, 2013 3:30 PM EDT

My dragonborn did not choose a side in the civil war. Another person's dragon born may have helped the stormcloaks. So your first statement is not (necessarily) correct. Another point is that the dragon born may very well, for example, be an altmer and decide to ally with the aldmeri dominion - there is no canon race for the dragon born.

But I think whichever side that the dragon born is on, will benefit from a powerful ally - and he, or she, may be strong enough to tip the balance.

• 185 posts
    October 17, 2013 3:51 PM EDT
    I forgot to mention that i am talking about a paladin-like dragonborn
    • 661 posts
    October 17, 2013 3:55 PM EDT

Just say that this is one of those "what if" scenarios so that people dont post comments that contradict your OP.

• 100 posts
    October 17, 2013 6:39 PM EDT
    Interesting, lol. I'd atleast say that Dragonborn & friends would make a hell of a front line. The -potential- of the ''canon'' dragonborn and his powers/followers is endless, and we don't know exactly how the Dominion operates in open warfare, BUT I imagine given nobody was "Essential", alot of Dragonborns could decimate entire provinces effortlessly with the variety of powers acquired by game & dlc completion. Add in amulet stacking, endless undead armies, and nearly every Daedric Lord naming you his champion... No way. But I imagine the next game will have a way lame lore on the Dominion's fall, with dragonborn having little direct epic influence
    • 185 posts
    October 17, 2013 7:15 PM EDT
    But the dragonborn would't be powerful as seen in the game,a axe to the head or a arrow throught the heart and you are dead.
    and...maybe the dominion win
  • October 17, 2013 7:17 PM EDT

He's just one person. So close to a god, yet still a man. 

• 856 posts
    October 17, 2013 7:30 PM EDT

With his shouts, killing him would be very difficult - remember we're talking a fantasy universe with magic, artifacts, divine blessing, etc.  Strafing attacks from summoned dragons, Slow time (to catch arrows, attack and dodge), Become Ethereal (immunity to all damage), Unrelenting Force (knocking down ranks of the enemy), just to name a few abilities.

To penetrate his armor, the weapon would have to be made out of similar or better material (in reality, you're not going to penetrate steel armor with iron arrows, for example).- good luck in outfitting an army with dragon or daedric.

Just one person, yes, but with the powers of a dragon (and possibly more depending if he or she is a master thief/assassin/mage, werewolf/vampire, etc.).  He or she would definitely greatly tip the balance of any battle.

• October 17, 2013 7:32 PM EDT

If the force of the iron arrow hitting the armor was sufficient enough, you can pierce steel.  just sayin. 

• 856 posts
    October 17, 2013 7:59 PM EDT

It would probably just bend the arrowhead or break the arrow - but in any case, the force wouldn't be sufficient enough to penetrate enough to cause damage, at any realistic range - maybe not even point blank. Most soldiers in steel plate armor (not mail) did not fear arrows. Numerous sources, but here's one, (although I admit the subject is often under debate). just saying.

• October 17, 2013 8:10 PM EDT

Fight me.  And, This forum about draw weight of composite and long bows. The first guy makes contradictory statements, and the rest is about draw weight. Depending on the thickness of the armor, the arrow can penetrate. Why you always starting something? 

• 185 posts
    October 17, 2013 8:10 PM EDT

The aldmeri dominion use mainly elven weaponry

one iron arrow cannot pierce steel,but maybe a elven one can.

• October 17, 2013 8:25 PM EDT

Elven arrows are pretty penetrating. 

• 185 posts
    October 17, 2013 8:33 PM EDT

And at higher levels they start wearing glass armor and using glass weapons
    a glass arrow can easily pierce steel

• October 17, 2013 8:38 PM EDT

Yeah, but glass is also expensive. Only the elite, or people who supply their own stuff, like mercs, will have that. The AD isn't going to outfit every soldier with that stuff. 

• 856 posts
    October 17, 2013 8:44 PM EDT

I'm not starting anything - actually you started it by disagreeing with my statement (one sentence about arrows and armor - my  point was that the dovakiin would have superior equipment over most soldiers). The general consensus of most historians is that arrows did not penetrate late period plate armor, but it may, in some cases may penetrate mail. I've read many articles on the subject (that was just a discussion, yet a good one - I thought you might be interested). Although, I did admit, the subject is often under debate.

And challenge accepted, unarmed (we both have padded gloves) - anytime you want. We split the rental price if we choose to have it in a controlled environment.

And by the way, we are way off topic now - the discussion is whether the dovakiin would turn the tide of the war against the Dominion, not arrows and armor.

• 185 posts
    October 17, 2013 8:44 PM EDT

but one arrow can kill the dragonborn

and if the soldier is using glass weapons and armors,he is better trained than the ones in elven

the altmers are know for being powerful mages,the armor and the shield of the dragonborn will not protect against magic

thalmors can summon dremoras?

because two angry dremoras with weapons of daedric quality can be a challenge

• 856 posts
    October 17, 2013 8:46 PM EDT

In any case, 'Slow Time' or 'Become Ethereal' fairly much makes arrows useless. All I'm saying that a 'fantasy warrior' like the dovakiin won't be so easily killed. (and we are talking fantasy if we're talking elven+ arrows).

What? Is everyone saying that  the dovakiin wouldn't sway the battle??

• October 17, 2013 8:46 PM EDT

the island in the river. sunset. if no one dies by the time the sun goes behind the horizon, it's a draw. 

• October 17, 2013 8:48 PM EDT

Would that be a reference to Smaug the Terrible?

• 185 posts
    October 17, 2013 8:51 PM EDT

who?

• October 17, 2013 8:53 PM EDT

he's still just a man. though, almost touching godhood