Forums » General Gaming

Recomend a game

• 360 posts
    September 29, 2013 1:29 PM EDT
    Ive been wanting to play dark souls for a while now, its my favorite game, pretty much of all time, but my problem with it is that i have played it so much that i know all the enemy spawns, all the item locations and boss strategies, all that is left for me is pvp, but even then, without wanting to brag, i feel like there is not enough chalenging players out there to pvp wwith, and my internet has been a piece of crap lately so i cant even do that. What im asking here is:

Can someone recomend me a game similar to dark souls? (Xbox 360 only plz)
    • 1913 posts
    September 29, 2013 1:37 PM EDT
    Demon souls? It is the game before dark souls...
    • 1913 posts
    September 29, 2013 1:38 PM EDT
    That is the only one
    • 360 posts
    September 29, 2013 1:40 PM EDT
    Well i did specify that i have xbox 360, there is no demons souls for xbox 360, and dark souls 2 will only launch next year
  • September 29, 2013 1:42 PM EDT
    Dragon's Dogma, perhaps? A pretty similar combat system, but magic is a lot better in this game than basically any other game (Sorcerer and Magick Archer are tons of fun, I'm gonna try out the Mystic Knight next).
    • 360 posts
    September 29, 2013 1:44 PM EDT
    Yeah, i hve that, but maybe playing a magic arher could be fun, the same problem i have with dark souls i had with dragons dogma, but maybe playing a new game with a diferent class could be fun, i generaly only play assasin since its the best class
    • 1913 posts
    September 29, 2013 1:49 PM EDT
    My ranger would like to differ... You may be able to hurt like hell when your close... But at range, you can get f***** up real quickly.
    • 360 posts
    September 29, 2013 1:53 PM EDT
    I dont like the ranger, its too powerful, when i said best class i meant my favorite, ranger is no fun, you just spam tenfold explosive arrows and the bosses just fall to you, sure assasin can also deal that kind of damage with dire gouge and the other relevant pers but you also have to get close, and since assasin is not a tank its risky to get close, and i thrive in this chalenge. But now the only boss that can present a minor chalenge to me is daimon second form, and im beggining to get bored with him...
  • September 29, 2013 1:59 PM EDT
    Magick Archer may not be for you then, it's pretty OP at times. Mystic Knight should be a bit more balanced (purely assumption).
    • 360 posts
    September 29, 2013 2:01 PM EDT
    Well it would be different than dire gouge and the assasin dagger counter at least, that is pretty much the best assasin strategy, use daggers, couter that launches you into the boss, grab on, switch to sword, dire gouge, dead boss in a few seconds
    • 360 posts
    September 29, 2013 2:11 PM EDT
    And i did already play mystic knight quite a bit, two words, too slow
  • September 29, 2013 2:14 PM EDT
    Ah, well I just played a fast-paced Magick Archer so I think a slower and tank-ier set-up will be fun.
    • 360 posts
    September 29, 2013 2:21 PM EDT
    Any other games though? As i said before i also have this problem with dragons dogma, any games similar to these titles for xbox 360 would be nice
    • 1913 posts
    September 29, 2013 2:26 PM EDT
    I never used explosive arrows... too heavy. i just fought normally and loved it :)
    • 360 posts
    September 29, 2013 2:28 PM EDT
    Well i say that because its usually the strategy i see with rangers, load yourself and your pawns with explosive arrows and tenfold away
    • 1913 posts
    September 29, 2013 2:28 PM EDT
    mystic knight is fun, but when you get the cannon ability, he becomes the baseball batter (strike the magic ball and make them when you weapon is enchanted)
    • 1913 posts
    September 29, 2013 2:29 PM EDT
    the problem is there are none... dark souls 2 is coming soon though
    • 1913 posts
    September 29, 2013 2:31 PM EDT
    never. it is to cheap... the one excuse i have for using them is ogres (F*** THOSE APE-LIKE BASTARDS)
    • 360 posts
    September 29, 2013 3:46 PM EDT
    Ive been looking for it, but its tough to find one here where i live, i dont know any used game stores near me and there is no gamestop here in brazil
  • September 29, 2013 3:52 PM EDT

You will not find any game similar to Dark Souls, as far as the difficulty is concerned.

• 5 posts
    September 29, 2013 9:43 PM EDT

I would have to agree with this. There hasn't been a game I've played that's given me the same kind of fun Dark Souls has. Skyrim could if its combat system was better. 

As for new games, I'd recommend Two Worlds II as well. It's great fun despite the horrible motion blur when you move. Another would be the Fallout series, you can pick up versions with all DLC for relatively cheap and they both provide a ton of RPG fun, I think I'd lean towards New Vegas myself though, mainly because I live in Las Vegas and I'm completely biased because of that :D

• 47 posts
    September 30, 2013 2:46 AM EDT
    If you have gold check the first page on the dashboard and get Ascend its free and it's really fun.