Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Weekly Lore Archive: Discussion

• 557 posts
    September 28, 2013 3:58 PM EDT

Hello all, Emer here!

This week, Lore Host Kynareth brings us yet another excellent article from the Lore Group. This time, however, it is not Vix whose writing will be featured, but Vazgen's! Here is what Kynareth has to say about Vazgen's article:

One of the most fascinating, useful, and powerful Schools of Magic is Alchemy.  I would like to submit for everyone’s perusal a detailed history of Alchemy in the Elder Scrolls games, written by none other than our resident alchemical wizard Vazgen.   In The Science of Alchemy: History and Evolution, Vazgen (there must be some connection between names that start with a “V” and lore brilliance!) clearly and eloquently describes and provides a detailed alchemical resource for anyone who want to understand this practical school of magic.  The lore group is so happy to have someone take the time and effort to make such an admirable addition to The Skyrim Blog Lore College.  

Vazgen's article is one of the most interesting reads on Alchemy that I've seen on the internet. I would suggest giving this thread a well deserved read, like, and comment!

• 1483 posts
    September 28, 2013 5:35 PM EDT

Just... WOW! Thank you for the kind words Kyn and Emer! It really means a lot! This article was very fun to write and I'm very happy you enjoyed reading it!

I will now sit and bask in the rays of my own fame 

• 140 posts
    September 28, 2013 6:36 PM EDT

We are the ones grateful for your contribution, Vaz!  So happy that you shared one of your passions with the group!  

And bask away...you deserve it!  

• 14 posts
    September 28, 2013 7:38 PM EDT
    Kynareth, you're pure class. You too, Emer. Just thought I'd preface this by throwing that out there. Thank you both for bringing Vazgen's alchemical stylings to the forefront where they belong.

And to our resident mad scientist, Vazgen, I must offer congratulations. You've been convincing us that standing hunched over an alchemy lab is more exciting than jamming a sword in a bandit's throat can ever be for ages now. This is well deserved.
    • 1483 posts
    September 29, 2013 6:26 PM EDT

Kyn, it was your article on magic that inspired me to post it! 

• 1483 posts
    September 29, 2013 6:27 PM EDT

Thanks Ben! Glad you enjoy it as much as I do 

• 1483 posts
    September 29, 2013 6:28 PM EDT

No snakes, if I could even make you doubt the fun of in-your-face combat then I have outdone myself!  Thanks for the praise!