Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Real You in Skyrim

• 17 posts
    September 20, 2013 1:15 PM EDT

Based on a status update, I decided to begin this discussion.

If you--the real you--were immediately teleported to Skyrim (which we all know is a parallel universe ), what would you be and what would you do? Be honest. Assess who you are now--your personality, your skills, your strengths, and your weaknesses. Then decided your course of action in Skyrim.

I'll start:

I'm an adult with a law degree, which means that I like to use my mind to reason things through. I'm fairly strong (not gym-freak-muscular), and am 5'8". I prefer warmer climates and beaches but I've lived in the mountains for several years in the past. I love to backpack, hike, camp, and fish. I've never done any archery, but am a dead aim with a firearm (thanks, Army).

Race I could pass as: Imperial (because of my Italian heritage).

If I were transported to Skyrim:

I'd start an underground Italian mafia thing . . . ok, seriously . . .

Plan A:  If I showed any aptitude for magic whatsoever, I'd make my way to the college as quickly as I could. Not only to be a powerful mage, but because it's safe and I would use my time to study and plan my next move: become a court wizard or a town protector (like a Thane but not in a big city). If I didn't have a magical bone in my body, I would go to plan B

Plan B: I'd prefer to live alone at the begining (probably Riverwood--I love that little town). I would do odd jobs at mills until I could earn enough money for decent clothes. Then I would make money by copying books or some other intellectual job. This would help me gain some favor with the upper class and Jarls (which would be incredibly important). My ultimate goal would be to get a job working for the Jarl of Whiterun. The city is fairly safe, inexpensive to live, and far enough south to escape the bitter climate of the northern part of Skyrim.

Once I start making a decent living, I would train in marksmanship and general sword & board skills. After that. I'd take the wagon to all the major holds. Oh, yeah, I'd probably try to find a way to kill Heimskr. LOL.

So, what would you do?

• 1913 posts
    September 20, 2013 1:18 PM EDT
    This sounds like something i saw in a video. They would ask the question, what would I do if i were in the game, what would I do if the game world was the real world and i was born there, what race would i be and why (and what race I would want to be)
    • 22 posts
    September 20, 2013 1:20 PM EDT
    • 1913 posts
    September 20, 2013 1:26 PM EDT
    Bards traditionally are story tellers, not singers.... They just added it to add more excitement to the story and eventually they just converted to simply singing...