Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Weekly Lore Article: Discussion

• 180 posts
    August 30, 2013 11:51 PM EDT

Hi guys and girls, it's Saturday, so that means it is time for the weekly lore article!

This week, Kynareth has chosen Vix's series on the Altmer.

Perhaps one of the most brilliant series of lore articles in our library at the Skyrim Blog Lore College is Vix’s series on the Altmer.  While not one of the more popular races for many players of the Elder Scrolls games, vitriol towards the Altmer hit a new high with the Thalmor in Skyrim.  Through extensive research and analysis, Vix presents a comprehensive study of the Altmer—their culture, history, and various beliefs.  This amazing study presents a well-rounded view of the Altmeri race in comparison to the cardboard cutout image many hold of the High Elves.  While I suggest reading all five sections, as they all build upon each other, I have included links to each one.

The whole series is well worth your time in providing a deeper understanding of perhaps why the Altmer act the way that they do.  This is certainly my favorite of the race articles, as it demonstrates the depth of creativity in the lore of the ES universe—nothing is as black and white as it seems at first glance.

As with all of Vix's work, these articles are top quality and definitely worth a read!

• 74 posts
    August 30, 2013 11:54 PM EDT

Your formatting seems a bit... wonky.