Forums » Elder Scrolls

Where do you draw the line?

• 661 posts
    August 18, 2013 3:27 PM EDT

I know, but this is just if you dont want to be stale for the next few days lookin around for enchantments and tryna make enough money to buy ingots and such.

• 485 posts
    August 18, 2013 6:10 PM EDT
    I see your point. What I do like about smithing is it gives me an excuse to shoot deer on sight for their furs.
  • August 18, 2013 6:29 PM EDT

It's true what you say actually, my Soul Knight isn't that different of the Obsidian Sentinel, if it runs out of magicka it goes S/S and does no damage.

Though since it uses summons, they can outlast the lack of magicka

Though, this discussion is based only on 2 builds, there's a lot more builds on the website, I don't see most of them exploiting glitches.

• 116 posts
    August 18, 2013 9:56 PM EDT

Mayhap you should go shopping then...

• 19 posts
    August 19, 2013 12:28 AM EDT
    It's not a glitch, but I'd rather not have the crafting skills buff eachother. No resto-loop ot oghma infinium glitch here. But I love 100% cost reduction for destruction though. The expert level spells cost a bit much. Some say it's boring and are against it, I was too, it's not like I use impact anyways. I duplicated the black star so I could get about 200 and help with my addiction.
    • 62 posts
    August 19, 2013 9:35 AM EDT

This is why I'm enjoying Legendary skills. By the time I got the best gear on my current character, I could make One-Handed legendary so that he isn't quite so powerful.

• 485 posts
    August 19, 2013 1:25 PM EDT

I hate the fact that magic almost requires enchantment grinding for cost reduction to be made viable. 

• 19 posts
    August 19, 2013 3:51 PM EDT
    I think only destruction does. One good summon can be enough, or a fury spell. Unless you want fight with poison runeds and sun spells, restoration.
    But 100% cost reduction for destruction just feels so powerful, like it should be. I think a master destruction mage should be able to shoot more than 3 dual cast icy spears with 700+ magicka. And why wouldn't a master enchanter be able to make spells cost nothing? I stole the souls of about 300 creatures/people to earn my power.
    • 48 posts
    August 19, 2013 6:56 PM EDT
    I never found enchanting to be all that hard to level. When I did my destruction mage play through, I didn't really feel the need for custom enchanted hear until the mid thirties or so, and by that time my character had a ton of soul gems and her skill was already around 50 just from disenchanting things. Plus she made tons of money turning boots into boots of sneaking. That character ended with the most money off any of my characters. I just bought full soul gems as needed.

Granted, I play on the default difficulty (Adept?) but that play through was one of the more balanced and enjoyable games yet. Melee and sneak builds always seem too powerful.
    • 19 posts
    August 19, 2013 9:54 PM EDT

Same for me :0

• 485 posts
    August 19, 2013 11:01 PM EDT

Destruction spells early on, in expert and above, hardly manage to tickle most enemies before magicka reserves are depleted. There are clever ways to get around that though, so its not all bad.