Forums » Elder Scrolls

Character Wits

• 167 posts
    August 6, 2013 8:52 AM EDT

I'm a little curious about the character intelligence levels on peoples characters. Do you create clever fighters that have an answer for everything that is thrown at them? Do you prefer builds that launch you into the world without a need for thinking too much? Do you prefer the dumb barbarian/brute type playthroughs? Please share it here.

• 18 posts
    August 6, 2013 9:39 AM EDT

I prefer intelligent scholarly mages most of the time or warriors with a high intellect. Although when I get bored I slaughter Solitude which isn't very much like my play style. :P

• 167 posts
    August 6, 2013 10:57 AM EDT

Calculated Warriors and Archers are my favorite type to play. I feel like brutes with big weapons are boring if they have no strategy at all.

• 108 posts
    August 6, 2013 11:05 AM EDT

Sadly being stupid is not really accounted for in dialogue in Skyrim. So it is quite hard to play. Arcanum and Fallout NV had nice ways to play a dumb character. 

• August 6, 2013 11:08 AM EDT
    "Brain: Smart. Heart: Stupid. Spine: Very stupid. You: Exceptionally stupid."
    • 131 posts
    August 6, 2013 12:09 PM EDT

Depends usually on the type of character I'm making. My main was originally a 2h tank who just killed without thought but I've changed her into a battlemage who thinks tactically before entering into a fight. So my characters vary quite a bit from Skyler's intelligent tactics to (my new character) Scar-Tail the relentless killer who only has one thought, kill and never ask later.

• 4 posts
    August 6, 2013 12:23 PM EDT

Depens on my mood and what I wish to play as an character. But for the most part I love balanced type of characters where I can sometimes have to play intelligence and sometimes just brute force your way trough.

- Altmer Fanboy

• 159 posts
    August 6, 2013 12:41 PM EDT

lol where have we been, hmm? Crawling through pits of radioactive muk again? 

• 661 posts
    August 6, 2013 2:47 PM EDT

I never thought of it this way. Usually most of my characters are just projections of my own intelligence. So most of them I suppose would be average. Except my Altmer though. He is probably the smartest. My friend and I always joke about how he discovered the secret of Enchanting and Destruction; and how he wrote the book "Twin Secrets". Oddly that story resembles my High Elf but with a different name. I guess you can say my High Elf was clever enough to make an alias. In the book "The Art of War Magic" it says something about Masters choosing to remain unknown because the greatest are not known. Something like that.

• 47 posts
    August 6, 2013 4:51 PM EDT
    I'm playing a Breton Schalor who is an Archer and prefers using his wits over strength collects books to further his knowledge and happens to be very smart for hating the Aldmeri Dominion/Thalmor.