Forums » Elder Scrolls

Why Essential Characters?

• 106 posts
    July 26, 2013 11:27 PM EDT

(Another Rant.....)

Okay so I've been playing some Fallout 3, and having a blast I might add, and I realized how FEW essential characters there actually are in It! Now I obviously get WHY there are essential characters, but seriously there should either be a warning in the beginning of the game saying:

Warning! Killing any characters essential to the story will prevent further progression. So don't be a jackass.

OR! There is a toggle-able icon in the settings to enable them on or off. Cause honestly, every person who is part of any sort of quest at all in the game is essential till AFTER it's over.

I seriously want to walk straight up to Ulfric Stormcloak, listen to his line "Only the foolish or the brave approach a Jarl without summons..." Then bam! I kill him somehow, and now I am shunned from Windhelm forever.

Another thing I wish they added was reputation and karma like Fallout ): I loved that, it really made the game feel like it had consequences. Nonetheless I will always love Skyrim 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    July 26, 2013 11:35 PM EDT

I'd love to kill Serana. 

• July 26, 2013 11:36 PM EDT
    I'm not necessarily upset about how it was done (though I did prefer Oblivion's take on essential characters). I'm upset about how many there are! Every Imperial/Stormcloak captain is essential even if you join the other side. I swear, half the population is essential.
  • July 26, 2013 11:41 PM EDT
    ^Or that.
    • 80 posts
    July 26, 2013 11:41 PM EDT

I could finally go on the ultimate killing spree.

Just thinking about it..........

The tears....they won't stop.

P.S. I refuse to convert to PC, it's outside my price range for the next few years.

• 106 posts
    July 27, 2013 1:16 AM EDT

Agreed. Especially on the captains