Forums » Elder Scrolls

Whats better for Skyrim? DEBATE!

• July 25, 2013 2:24 PM EDT

>Implying bigotry has no grounds in TES

• 485 posts
    July 25, 2013 2:33 PM EDT
    Its a hard choice really, and its for that reason I'm disappointed that there isn't a way to screw them both. One the one hand you have the stormcloaks, who are xenophobic to the extreme. On the other hand you have the empire whose growth and prosperity comes at the cost of the freedom of other nations.

In the end I tend to support the empire on characters I'm not RPing as evil bastards who just want to watch the world descend into chaos. Reason being that Ulfric would just lead Skyrim to ruin. He seems to be in it for himself.
  • July 25, 2013 2:33 PM EDT

And look where we are today. This whole situation with the Stormcloaks could have been avoided if the Empire had done right. 

• July 25, 2013 2:34 PM EDT

He did  initiate a challenge. And what truce are you talking about? the Concordat? No nord would have accepted. No true nord anyway

• 1483 posts
    July 25, 2013 2:39 PM EDT

He talks about Greybeard council I think

• July 25, 2013 2:40 PM EDT

So what's his point?

• 1483 posts
    July 25, 2013 2:44 PM EDT

I'll say my point. Ulfric was far more experienced in battle than Torygg. If you think that makes him better High King you're wrong. There are a lot of factors to account, diplomacy skills, connections etc. 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    July 25, 2013 2:45 PM EDT

There's a way. Make all provinces independent... Let the Aldmeri Dominion rule. I'll be back in 2 hours.

• 485 posts
    July 25, 2013 4:00 PM EDT
    I kill thalmor on sight for fun...
    • 19 posts
    July 25, 2013 4:45 PM EDT

Ok...it is really the Thalmor, the ones that the Empire let run free in Skyrim. 

• July 25, 2013 4:52 PM EDT

They are pansies and they yield  to the Thalmor, but they aren't intolerant, their masters are.

And I think the Nords have reason's to be racist. Look at it from a Nord's perspective. Everyone's against them.  

• 116 posts
    July 25, 2013 4:52 PM EDT

Isn't that the exact reason that the Empire is pandering to the Thalmor: so that they can find a way to rebel against them while in the meantime trying to keep them happy and out of the way?

• 116 posts
    July 25, 2013 4:55 PM EDT

And as far as "Skyrim for the Nords"?  Isn't that a pretty ridiculous statement considering the vast numbers of other races that have made their home in Skyrim?  And why should Skyrim govern itself if they haven't been able to keep rule held within their hands this far...?  I mean, you only need a rebellion if you have lost power, right?

And as far as Talos worship goes, personally, I don't see a reason for it really.  Aren't 8 actual gods enough?  Why do you need to worship a man who isn't actually a god anyway?  Seems to me, that is is akin to what occurs in most modern day religions where elements of other faiths are incorporated into the dominant one for the sole purpose of making the religion more tolerable to converts.  For example, the inclusion of saint-worship and pagan holidays (usually through when other holidays are celebrated) to make Catholicism seem easier to take for polytheists and Pagans in general.