Forums » Elder Scrolls

Whats better for Skyrim? DEBATE!

• 24 posts
    July 25, 2013 7:57 AM EDT

I would like to ask the people of this website what they think is better for Skyrim, the Empire or the Stormcloaks? This is a debate, so be prepared to defend your reasoning! I am keeping my personal opinion out of this one, unless it is needed.

• 409 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:29 AM EDT
    I am sure he will. I was simply making the argument that his people should come first.
    • 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:30 AM EDT

Of course it's not stronger than when it first went to war, but the AD is also weakened, likely even more weakened that the Empire is. The AD was succesful at first thanks to the element of suprise.

The Nords have little right to complain, they lost one of their gods wich isn't an Aedra for a few years. The Imperials lost their home, and did by far most of the fighting, and lost the most troops. As well as their capital pillaged, along with many other major cities.

The Imperials took 5 arrows to the chest, the Nords got stepped on their toe. And yet the Nords do nothing but complain and rebel and only make it easier for the AD. Should't be suprising, them being Nords and all.

• 409 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:31 AM EDT
    Skyrim had dont just fine on their own in the past. They dont NEED the empire remember they chose to join they werent forced like others....
    • 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:33 AM EDT

They fought the Empire and realised they couldn't win, so they joined out of their own ''free'' will, to get some things in their favor. One of the only smart things the Nords did.

But yes, Skyrim does NEED the Empire, and the Empire also needs Skyrim.

• 88 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:33 AM EDT
    Exactly, the Dominion is constantly killing citizens of the empire and making sure they don't becom stronger, if Ulfric wins the war, he will probably ban any agent of the Dominion from Skyrim, giving worshipers of Talos and haters of the Dominion a safe heaven. This will also give he a place to train his army against the Dominion.
    • 409 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:36 AM EDT
    The AD is weakened yes but that doesnt ensure victory at all. They do have a right to complain their god for 30 years and it doesnt matter if he was an Aedra. The nords were willing to keep fighting but the empire instead surrendered and gave into the Dominion and because of this not just Skyrim suffered but so did other provinces such as hammerfell. The nords were amongst those fighting so you cant pretend the nords didnt get hurt. The AD wanted the war to keep going and no matter what side won it put them at a disadvantage.
    • 409 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:38 AM EDT
    I disagree that they need the empire but I suppose only time will tell in this one.
    • 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:39 AM EDT

Ofcourse the Nord legions fought, they were very important later in the war, but their losses are nothing compared to those of the Imperials.

Read Vix' Great War article. The Empire had no choice but to end it there.

• 19 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:39 AM EDT

This isn't an ESO debate. (But, yeah, Daggerfall Covenant all the way.)

• 409 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:40 AM EDT
    They fight because what they believe in is in jeopardy from their long time enemies: the elves. If someone tried doing to me what the elves are doing to the nords I would fight back too. :P
    • 409 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:41 AM EDT
    I read it and I see where the empire is coming from but taking away its peoples rights is never an answer and should be fought for.
    • 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:42 AM EDT

It was fought for, and the Empire's war capacity was gone. AD's too, neither side could go on an offensive. The war had to end, everyone knew it was only a temporary peace.

• 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:43 AM EDT

And once they are all independent, they should make a Total War game out of it.

• 88 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:43 AM EDT
    Yea yea yea, as I said, Skyrim is there province.
    • 409 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:44 AM EDT
    Yes we should. :P
    • 4 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:45 AM EDT

Let us see on the historical fact in Earth.

No one Empire had rule this world more than 1.000 years (The record is 1600 years). The Roman Empire fall because of the internal contest. The Britain Empire fall because of the independence of regions. The Maya Empire fall because they were technological backwards.

I do not believe the Empire of Tamriel can ruler one era more

• 409 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:45 AM EDT
    @Alduin (because it wont let me reply anymore) It was peace at a cost that other provinces were not willing to accept. Hammerfell probably got screwed over the most out of the whole deal.
    • 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:46 AM EDT

I actually helped create a Tamriel Total War mod, but it was never finished. The guy who led the project and many others of the original team left, I did too. But some other guys took over and continued it, I still have the old unit rosters in my documents.

I should check up on that project.

• 409 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:46 AM EDT
    Every nation goes to war. Just look at the Dunmer they wiped out their long time allies the Dwarves at red mountain.
    • 88 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:47 AM EDT
    Exactly, like shoddycast said in their Ayleid video, empires rise and fall.
    • 409 posts
    Yes the history shows in TES that no one empire can rule forever.
    • 966 posts

Yeah, but the Redguards did fight on, and the Empire left a veteran legion there to help them.

• 47 posts
    It's the Nords' land so I say the Stormcloaks let them be free from the empire. And for all the people that say the Empire needs Skyrim as well... They really don't they could wipe out all Thalmor/Aldmeri Dominion agents with help from just the Argonians
    • 409 posts
    July 25, 2013 11:48 AM EDT
    I dont run skyrim on PC :(