Forums » Elder Scrolls

What's your most/least visited city in Skyrim. And why?

• 56 posts
    July 17, 2013 8:07 AM EDT

Hi, I want to know what's your most or least visited city. Most things I do are in Whiterun because it is the place where everything really started Although between the Forge and the Enchantment Table is quite a distance I still smith any armor/weapon in Whiterun and walk to Dragonsreach to enchant the created items. My least visited city would be Falkreath. I have been 2 times there, I think, and only to get to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. If I remember correct, the Main Quest will not even go through Falkreath? 

• 1483 posts
    July 17, 2013 8:16 AM EDT
    Most visited is Riften. Thieves Guild really adds activity there. And you have everything except smelter nearby.

Least visited is Solitude. I don't like it at all and go there only if I'm forced to.
    • 56 posts
    July 17, 2013 8:37 AM EDT

I don't like Solitude either, lots of 'Imperial Bastards' there 

• 409 posts
    July 17, 2013 8:40 AM EDT
    Same as you most visited: Whiterun least visited: Falkreath.
    • 17 posts
    July 17, 2013 8:41 AM EDT

My most visited city would be Riften, mostly due to the fact that it has a good amount of side-quests, I can hire Marcurio, the Thieve's Guild provides one of my favorite guilds, and most of the crafting stations (Enchanting Table, Forge, etc.) are all nearby.

My least visited city would be Windhelm. I always hated the atmosphere of it, most of the time because I'd be playing as a Dunmer,Altmer,Argonians (Pretty much all the races that Stormcloaks hate). Due to this I rarely actually visit it, unless I truly need to.

• 89 posts
    July 17, 2013 8:48 AM EDT
    Most visited definitely Whiterun, least would probably have to agree with Falkreath.
  • July 17, 2013 12:38 PM EDT

Morthal least visited. Whiterun most visited.

• 268 posts
    July 17, 2013 2:22 PM EDT
    My least visited would be Morthal. There's just no real reason be be there, it's a boring place. Most visited would be Riften or Windhelm, the former because of the thieves guild and great atmosphere, the latter because of the market place having an enchanter and forge, with an alchemy lab inside a shop right next to them.
  • ICE
    • 3 posts
    July 17, 2013 2:31 PM EDT

Most Visited is Dawnstar

Least Visited is Riften

• 80 posts
    July 17, 2013 2:51 PM EDT

Most visited Winterhold

Least visited Solitude

• July 17, 2013 4:14 PM EDT
    Least visited city: Morthal, only one shop, alchemy, and the shopkeeper isn't always there. Just one important quest(apart from vampirism cure). The jarl doesn't even have an enchanting table, and she's a "wizard"!

Most visited will be Whiterun(although I hate to admit it) there's too much in there, and apart from near enchanting tables, it got everything accessible, plus 3(you read right) Blacksmith vendors(my favorite skill Smithing) if one doesn't have it the other two might(if you talk to Adriane's husband after her, he has a different inventory and resets hers to match his)
    • 69 posts
    July 17, 2013 4:37 PM EDT

I personally visit Dawnstar the most. Due to the shit-ton of items stored on my horse, via the convenient horses mod, I get too over encumbered when I go to smelt armor and weapons, added in via skyre, and multiple trips would take to long. Dawnstar has outdoor smelters and tanning racks so it's easily accessible for me. My least favorite would be Winterhold. Why the hell would you want to be in Winterhold?

Unless your a mage, then Winterhold is your best friend.

• 5 posts
    July 27, 2013 1:43 AM EDT

Most: Whiterun, because I know where everything is and it has everything for smithing.

Least: Markarth, annoying people, disorganized, large risk of falling

• 1595 posts
    July 27, 2013 2:09 PM EDT

I'm not fond of Markarth and avoid The Reach in general whenever I can. Solitude is my most visited city I would say. I just love the views from that area of the map.

• 5 posts
    July 27, 2013 6:15 PM EDT

My most visitied is Whiterun, I have restartitis I'm always making new characters after I make a small amount of progress with the previous. Because of this I'm always ending up in Whiterun.

My least visited is Morthal, because there are no attractions, no guilds like the College of Winterhold or the Thieves Guild. It's a small town in the middle of a bog. I have no reason to go there besides quests and the occasional quest that takes me there.

• 291 posts
    July 27, 2013 8:50 PM EDT

Hmm...

Most visited: Whiterun or Solitude.  Whiterun because, well, it's almost always a "layover" city when I'm going somewhere else.  Solitude mostly due to Radiant Raiment and the general layout and look of the city.  Apart from it being in the topmost corner to nowhere, I usually find my way there.

Least visited: Probably Morthal.  I rarely stop there.  Usually if I'm in the area, I just end up pushing onward to Dawnstar.

• 485 posts
    July 27, 2013 9:06 PM EDT

Most visited for me is Solitude and Whiterun. Best places I can think of to pick a fight. 

• 74 posts
    July 27, 2013 9:09 PM EDT

Whenever I end up in Dawnstar I always find myself taking refuge inside someones house with 12 guards dead at my feet... I have never been able to safely go there. 

• July 27, 2013 9:23 PM EDT

Definitely Falkreath.  I was going to say Dawnstar, but that's only because I forgot Falkreath even existed until I read your post.  Dawnstar at least has a certain noteworthy entrance nearby.

• 3 posts
    July 27, 2013 9:51 PM EDT

Most visited is probably Whiterun just because the game makes you pass through it so much. My least is probably Dawnstar, the only time i really ever go there is for the daedric museum quest.

• 19 posts
    July 28, 2013 1:21 AM EDT

Most: Tie between Whiterun (duh) and Falkreath - I clear a lot of dungeons in that area and keep sell-punch-selling my stuff to Lod and Gray Pine Goods. Not to mention Dark Brotherhood.

Honorable mention: Dawnstar and its magical invisible bank, and thief-populated Riften.

Least: WINTERHOLD. Between there being snow, mages that glow, and nowhere to go, eff no.

• 69 posts
    July 28, 2013 12:16 PM EDT

I like Markarth, Morthal, Dawnstar, and Windhelm the most, so I go there the most. Surprisingly, I don't travel to Whiterun that much.

• 6 posts
    July 29, 2013 3:36 AM EDT
    Whiterun because the Enchant Table and Alch. lab are right there in Dragon's Reach and Morthal because there are so few shops.
    • 856 posts
    August 8, 2013 7:51 PM EDT

Most visited: Whiterun. Probably because I have a house mod that is in Riverwood and Whiterun is right up the road.

Least Visited. Winterhold, I only go there when I plan on joining the College or pursuing the main quest (both are rare for me).

• 147 posts
    August 8, 2013 11:29 PM EDT

My most visited city is Whiterun, I always have something to do their.

My least visited is either Markarth or morthal, morthal because theirs in barely anything their, and markarth because everything their is so damn hard to locate.