Forums » Elder Scrolls

Killing in this game makes you feel bad?

• 185 posts
    July 13, 2013 7:37 PM EDT
    The title says everything.
    for me,sometimes
    in my first character i was killing a guy i found in the road,when he drop to knees and my character reverse the dagger,he said:
    "Please,don't kill me" as my char plunged the dagger in his back...
    but killing bandits and evil people are ok for me.
    • 1483 posts
    July 13, 2013 7:42 PM EDT

After playing once as a no-kills character, every kill now seems unnecessary and makes me feel a little bad. But before that my characters were pretty bloodthirsty 

• 80 posts
    July 13, 2013 7:46 PM EDT

This makes Narfi very sad.

• 291 posts
    July 13, 2013 7:56 PM EDT

Depends on who I'm playing, but mostly, if they are bandits or otherwise dangerous people, I finish the job.  If I just let them run away, they could go get reinforcements and come back.

• 1913 posts
    July 13, 2013 7:59 PM EDT
    i dont kill unless provocted... or it is that dark elf in raven rock that has the priest hood :P

i try to give my characters some sense of morality
    • 185 posts
    July 13, 2013 8:03 PM EDT
    Killing Nilsine shatter-shield makes me feel bad...
    and if you kill her,and after go to the shatter-shield house,you will have a terrible surprise
    I feel like a monster after see what happened to the family because of me
    • 80 posts
    July 13, 2013 8:05 PM EDT

Those priest robes and the ring of the erudite are the only things that I'd break RP for.

• 80 posts
    July 13, 2013 8:14 PM EDT

The whole games seems hell bent on ruining the Shatter-Shields.

You have them pay the Argonian workers a fair wage.

They got robbed

Their first daughter was killed by Calixto

You close their monopoly on the Windhelm Docks.

You kill the second daughter (or have the option to) which results in the mother's suicide.

It's like they're the butt of a bad joke that never ends

• 1913 posts
    July 13, 2013 8:16 PM EDT
    1. whats this about fair wage?

2. OMG! I feel bad for the mom, I never knew that!
  • July 13, 2013 8:23 PM EDT

What makes me feel bad overtime isn't killing, it's that the amount of aggressive people in this game is overwhelming. Every bandit will give his life to massacre you with two handed axes even if he has no chance of winning.

So many NPCs treat you like a low dog and openly insult you, and the problem is you're rarely given the chance to properly retaliate. If you go for punching they'll draw their weapons and you're forced to fight them to death.

• 185 posts
    July 13, 2013 8:23 PM EDT
    "First Friga, now Nilsine? How can I bare
    the loss of a second daughter, when I'm
    barely over the death of a first?
    I simply cannot find any reason to continue
    living. My two little girls are gone. The lights
    of my life have been extinguished. My only
    hope now is to be reunited with them in the
    halls of Sovngarde - if the eternals can suffer
    the company of one who has taken her own
    life. If not, then wherever my soul may end
    up - in Oblivion, or elsewhere - has to be
    better than this terrible
    • 185 posts
    July 13, 2013 8:25 PM EDT
    existence.
    Farewell. Remember me fondly, and often.
    Tova Shatter-Shield (Suicide Letter)
    • 291 posts
    July 13, 2013 8:32 PM EDT

I...I had no idea that happened!

• 185 posts
    July 13, 2013 8:35 PM EDT
    (Looking at you,Nazeen...)
    • 1913 posts
    July 13, 2013 8:39 PM EDT
    kinda makes you feel bad for killing that girl for a ring that will be useless later on
    • 74 posts
    July 13, 2013 10:54 PM EDT

Wait, bandits and enemies run away after dropping to one knee? If I spare them they always think it's okay to try and hit me in the face with a sword... 

• 3 posts
    July 13, 2013 11:00 PM EDT

I did not personally kill him..but I had a hand in it....I felt really bad when I accidentally lead some ash spawn to Revus Sarvani and they killed him....It wasn't his death that made me feel bad..it was the thought that dusty had lost the person who brought her up QQ.

• 74 posts
    July 13, 2013 11:04 PM EDT

I only feel bad when the things I fight are so under-powered compared to me... Or if they are human and still insist on attacking me after I try to spare them. 

"Mercy please!" *gets up and attacks you again* 

And bandits give you like... 3 seconds to get away before they attack, I can't even strike a deal with them on my evil guys.

• 27 posts
    July 13, 2013 11:20 PM EDT

The only thing I cannot kill int his game is dogs. I never kill them. I killed everyone in the dawnguard fort except the dogs. I just ran through the world until it stopped chasing me. I am weird

• 74 posts
    July 13, 2013 11:25 PM EDT

I won't kill the dogs if they are just standing there and leaving me alone, but as soon as they try to rip my throat out my self-defense instinct kicks in and I rush to survive. 

• 116 posts
    July 14, 2013 12:30 AM EDT

I can't say I ever really feel bad killing people in Skyrim.  In fact, killing Serana would be a thrill... like when I killed Belethor.  It was so liberating!  Man do I hate that guy.

Half the reason I play games like Skyrim is so that I can do things in a game that I could never (and would never) do in real life... everything from riding a horse and swinging a sword to slaying villagers who annoy me.  Now, I just have to slay Nazeem and I will feel much better.

• 38 posts
    July 14, 2013 12:36 AM EDT

Compared to the shit i've done in FNV, Im a saint in Skyrim. I totally didint'tstrip Benny and cut off his arms and legs with a ripper....

Im just bad at playing evil characters really, I cant bring myself to be bad....

But I never feel bad. Except maybe the nuke in Fallout 3.....