Forums » Elder Scrolls

One race to rule them all?

• 69 posts
    July 10, 2013 8:38 PM EDT

In your opinion, which race has the best chances of conquering all of Tamriel?

This means no alliances and no truces! Each races starts only with its own province. no race significantly outnumbers any of the others. 

• July 10, 2013 8:41 PM EDT

You say that no race significantly outnumbers the others, but wouldn't how face a race bred be a part of that race? The numbers aren't even for every race. 

But, I say Nord, because they almost did it back in the day. They don't like other races anyway. Plus they got the voice. 

• July 10, 2013 8:47 PM EDT
    I'm going with Imperials. Why? Because they've done it...multiple times. They're not the most physically imposing or most skilled warriors, but they're more disciplined than nearly any other army. They don't have the low breeding rate of the Altmer to slow them down. And they're easily the most skilled at diplomacy (incredibly important).

@Shor~ Only one Nord outside the Greybeards knows how to shout (might be forgetting someone). Any race can shout, there are rumors of the Mane being able to and the Ebony Warrior is a Redguard.
    • 88 posts
    July 10, 2013 8:48 PM EDT
    The high elves, they won the Great War 30 years back, why would they loose next time?
    • 185 posts
    July 10, 2013 8:50 PM EDT
    The races of akavir too?
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    July 10, 2013 8:54 PM EDT

Also, since the Imperial College of the Voice is apparently closed in Skyrim, and considering the Greybeards refuse to teach The Voice with military purposes, it would take quite a time to someone get access to the art, and even more time to teach it to other people.

• July 10, 2013 9:02 PM EDT

The Ebony warrior is an anomaly, and a mane wouldn't have know-how as to shout. Nords can be taught the voice. Its in their culture.

You can't use diplomacy, he said no alliances and no truces. 

• July 10, 2013 9:03 PM EDT

Voice aside, the Nords are devastating in war.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    July 10, 2013 9:07 PM EDT

Put them against some Redguards and we'll have a fair combat.

And maybe, some Redoran veteran warriors... Hm, not sure, but they'd give a good fight.

• 185 posts
    July 10, 2013 9:09 PM EDT
    The Tang Mo.
    The Ka'po tun started war against the Tang Mo = Tang Mo Wins
    The Tsaesci started war against the Tang Mo=Tang Mo Wins
    The Kamal started war against the Tang Mo=Tang Mo Wins
  • July 10, 2013 9:11 PM EDT

Just take the coast of hammerfell and leave the dessert to the alakri. The redoran are few, and the notes breed like rabitts

• July 10, 2013 9:11 PM EDT
    You can prove the Mane can't 'shout'? Even though they worship Kynareth (the person who taught the Nords to shout). Okay, then do so.

Shouting isn't just a language anyone can be taught, it takes years to learn and the Greybeards don't just accept students willy-nilly.

Wrong, you very much can use diplomacy. Treaties and the like involve diplomacy.
  • July 10, 2013 9:13 PM EDT
    I believe they're like the Argonians in that light. They're great at defending, but I'm assuming they aren't as skilled at attacking (this is obviously an assumption, but we have very little info on them and they haven't conquered anything as far as we know).
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    July 10, 2013 9:16 PM EDT

Nord Navy VS Redguard Navy.

• July 10, 2013 9:19 PM EDT

Dude, how they gonna use the navy with no coast line? The nords came from atmora, so they know how to use a navy

• July 10, 2013 9:20 PM EDT

You can't prove that he can so the point is void or moot or whatever. 

And he said no truces, or alliances which are treaties

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    July 10, 2013 9:24 PM EDT

Going for this line of thought, I can argue that the Redguards came from Yokuda.

• July 10, 2013 9:28 PM EDT

I'm not saying they can't drive a boat, just that your tone was condescending to the north men. If not, my bad. 

A war between the redguards and the notes would be bloody for both sides

• July 10, 2013 9:30 PM EDT
    "...there are rumors of the Mane being able to (shout)..." Critical reading 10/10.

I meant something more to surrendering. Because if there are no surrenders, then no one will win and Tamriel will experience a monumental drop in population (everyone would end up killing each other). No, there will be some form of diplomacy (mainly surrenders).
    • 185 posts
    July 10, 2013 9:30 PM EDT
    And if the bosmers call the wild hunt?
    I know the bosmers will die too,but and the other races? the wild hunt is that powerful? (i know little about this)
  • July 10, 2013 9:32 PM EDT
    The other races should be able to outsmart the Hunters sooner or later. Trap them in some way and make them eat each other. But yeah, it would be a huge problem.
  • July 10, 2013 9:35 PM EDT

OK ya caught me. I half pay attention to the cats. The mane can't even move by himself, so what good is he gonna do. And its probably more like the Nord's battle cry since the dudes a lion...

If the Nords did to the world what they did to the snow elves, population is not an issue.

• July 10, 2013 9:48 PM EDT
    Agreed, he isn't gonna be an issue directly (it'd be like sending the pope into battle), though he is an inspiring figure for the Khajiits.

I doubt any race (Tamrielic, Yokudan, Atmoran, Akaviri, Pyandonea, etc) could do that to all of Tamriel, the Empire was successful thanks to diplomacy and careful planning. Trying to commit mass genocide on everyone, well they'd be spread way too thin and would almost solely being fighting on someone else's home turf.
  • July 10, 2013 9:51 PM EDT

Dragons. Their home turf is the air

• 69 posts
    July 10, 2013 9:58 PM EDT

They would be brought down by sheer weight of numbers by the other races. I doubt a dragon could take down a whole regiment of the imperial legion.