Forums » Elder Scrolls

Followers: who are the most interactive, talkative or RP-friendl

• 6 posts
    July 10, 2013 9:46 AM EDT

I'd like to know what followers added more to your game immersion. It can be that they are very talkative, have many world interactions, and a developed character, or just a background that fits well with your character!

I for myself had just tried Lydia with my first character, and found that she was 'a bit' repetitive and didn't help immersion.

I liked Serana since she has many unique dialogues and world interactions even after her questline ended.

I also liked Erandur, I noticed he has many comments on the cities and regions, plus some more on his background. He was a fun companion for my mage character.

Others, like the Companions, J'Zargo, Onmund had a lot of character when linked to their quests, but didn't add up to much afterwards.

Of course I guess Cicero should be veeery talkative as a follower if it fits your character BG (mine killed him tho   )

So, what followers do feel more 'alive' to you?

• 360 posts
    July 10, 2013 9:53 AM EDT
    Try mjoll the lioness, girl dont shut up...
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    July 10, 2013 12:03 PM EDT

My favorite kitty, Kharjo.

And of course, Teldryn Sero, my favorite Dunmer/mercenary follower.

And Cicero. H-How could you kill poor Cicero?
    Honorable mention: J'zargo.

• 6 posts
    July 10, 2013 1:01 PM EDT

Kharjo seems a nice fellow. I read up Teldryn Sero on UESP, and he's got lots of dialogue! I'll definitely hire him with my other character! (a Khajit assassin)

Poor ol' Cicero, I still have to do a playthrough in which I don't destroy the DB

• 6 posts
    July 10, 2013 1:04 PM EDT

LOL then she's what I'm looking for

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    July 10, 2013 2:15 PM EDT

My favorite follower is Jenassa in the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun. She occasionally says interesting things and is one of the few followers who uses dual-wielding properly.

• 3 posts
    July 10, 2013 3:22 PM EDT

I enjoyed Mjoll for the first couple of hours, then she got way too repetitive 

• 88 posts
    July 10, 2013 3:33 PM EDT

Erandur has some dialogue the is pretty interesting. Ha talks about the ruines you are in, the history of the dwemer, ect...

• 118 posts
    July 10, 2013 5:37 PM EDT
    -Jenassa is fun for an Orc/smith character cause she hates mines and crypts and I love knowing 50% of what I'm doing is annoying her.

-Serana is my favourite follower overall because of her detailed storyline plus the discussions and history about various locations (plus she's just downright awesome).

-Frea is very interesting while doing dragonborn but she gets old fast...same with Teldryn.

For pure roleplaying I still think Lydia is my favourite. I absolutely love her for being an honourbound protector who is continuously annoyed at me trespassing, is disgusted at me being rude to people, gets mad when I knock into her and is always there with a disapproving scowl on her face. At the end of the day her being constantly disapproving at my very questionable practices and annoyed every time I ask her to carry a piece of crap I find on the floor of a dirty dungeon is by far the most realistic of any follower. If I were a follower I'd probably act exactly like her.
  • July 10, 2013 6:08 PM EDT
    Hmm, tough choice, there aren't a lot of followers I hate (except Cicero and a couple others). So out of all the decently well-made followers and 'advanced' ones added by the DLC, my favorite would be...Ingjard. I took her with me after Durak and started taking a liking to her. Now she is my go-to Dawnguard follower!
    • 70 posts
    July 10, 2013 6:28 PM EDT

I like Talvas from Tel Mithryn. Currently using him on my Dunmer mage and he is not only a great fighter, but fits in with my character really well, and of course sells the awesome Dunmer magic spells!

• 69 posts
    July 10, 2013 7:47 PM EDT

I am probably one of the biggest fans of cicero out there. he will never not say something, has a ton of personality and is, well.. a psychopath. 

some of his best lines are:

"He he he... Crazy? Cicero? He he he he... That's madness..."

"...madness is merry, and merriment's might, when the jester comes calling with his knife in the night..."

"Oohhh... Cicero's heard about the Butcher. Interesting knifework. Just... Stab, stab, stab, stab, stab! And then... Stab, stab, stab, stab, stab!"

• 74 posts
    July 10, 2013 7:57 PM EDT

I think you mean Teldren Sero? He's out of the Retching Netch.

• 6 posts
    July 11, 2013 12:01 PM EDT

This is why I like roleplay! Change the person and the same characters become something new: you gave Lydia a really nice interpretation (while in my game I left her home straight away eheheh)

• 6 posts
    July 11, 2013 12:04 PM EDT

Yeah, it's Teldryn Sero! Hired him today, he said to my character: "Nice place you have here. I never knew you were so wealthy." An interesting fella

• 5 posts
    July 11, 2013 2:04 PM EDT

Marcutio can be a rather immersive follower for certain characters. For example, a battle-hardened warrior hiring a powerful mage scholar to accompany him into dwemer ruins whilst looking for dwarven treasure (or smithing materials). He also is knowledgable about many of places that you may travel to in skyrim.

• 118 posts
    July 11, 2013 2:24 PM EDT
    I always have this picture in my mind of Lydia talking to someone when I'm not around and spilling her frustrations to anyone that will listen.

"Your great and wonderful dragonborn savior! He was digging through the garbage the other day, did you know that? He made me carry 50kg of crap halfway across skyrim. I mean, I told him I was sworn to carry his burdens but I don't think he even sees me as a person half the time...just a pack mule!".

"Your hero murdered a begger the other day. Just thought you'd like to know that. Slit her throat and took the 6 gold pieces she had to her name. Yep. Stripped her clothes off and left her lying in a ditch. Our hero, our hero claims a warrior's heart!".

Most other followers seem either oblivious to my actions or outright don't care. At least lydia has the good sense to know I'm not the dragonborn the bards sing about, i'm the dragonborn that is a homicidal maniac that murders for money even though I can brew potions worth more than the value of a contract. I love you Lydia.
  • July 11, 2013 2:51 PM EDT

Derkeethus might be the best . .

• July 13, 2013 2:13 AM EDT

I dont realy like talking followers cant bethesda make a mute that follows you

• 6 posts
    July 13, 2013 5:24 AM EDT

well there are the dark brotherhood nameless assassins, and many followers don't actually talk unless when you give them instructions

• 10 posts
    July 13, 2013 7:59 AM EDT

That doesn't cast Sparks on fucking Elder Dragon

Dammit J'zargo