Forums » General Gaming

What is your favourite weapon out of any game/film ever?

• 209 posts
    July 10, 2013 6:22 AM EDT

So what's your favourite weapon out of any game/film ever,

whether it's an iconic weapon or maybe just a modest real world weapon you've happened to use whilst playing an FPS

I'll kick it off with Cloud Strifes sword, particularly the first tsurugi from advent children. It's just pure OTT brilliance and is my favourite :)

• 69 posts
    July 10, 2013 6:23 AM EDT

all of the epic bows and swords from lord of the rings!

• 209 posts
    July 10, 2013 6:30 AM EDT

That's cheating ;)

• 69 posts
    July 10, 2013 6:41 AM EDT

I cannot choose! it is too hard!

• 271 posts
    July 10, 2013 7:06 AM EDT
    In any game? - The Hidden Blade of The Assassin's Order.

Any film/TV-series? - Bear Grylls Gerber Survival knife. :D
    • 209 posts
    July 10, 2013 7:15 AM EDT

haha I will permit bear grills himself to be categorised as a very versatile weapon !

• 32 posts
    July 11, 2013 8:34 PM EDT
    BFG from doom :P
    • 88 posts
    July 11, 2013 10:05 PM EDT
    The grenade spam ability from battlefield heroes. There's something about anihlating a full health gunner without him noticing it that a I love.
  • July 11, 2013 10:09 PM EDT

Lightsaber. Preferably a red lightsaber. 

• 116 posts
    July 11, 2013 10:32 PM EDT

Probably.... the Plasma Rifle from Doom in terms of guns.  As far as swords?  The lightsaber wins every single time!!

• 409 posts
    July 12, 2013 12:26 AM EDT
    Chuck Norris.
  • Dyg
    • 16 posts
    July 12, 2013 12:37 AM EDT

do books count? if so then "Tinkle Death" an indestructible sword sharp enough to cut through a marble pillar from brisinger

• 14 posts
    July 12, 2013 1:05 AM EDT

Too hard to choose, so I'll go through all my favorites for each

Game: the Wunderwaffe in COD: WaW and Black-Blade Lightsaber from Star Wars: Force Unleashed Assassins Blade, the Needler, Skyrims Crossbow, Auri-El's Bow, Fireballs (From Mario), and If you consider Pokemon weapons...Rayquaza, Metagross, and Arceus

Movie: Lightsaber, Dirty Harry's .44 Magnum, Sting from LoTR and The Hobbit, THE FUCKING DEATH STAR, any weapon in any Quentin Tarantino movie ever, , Jericho Missiles, Batarang, The Terraformer (If you watched Man of Steel you know what I'm talking about), The Bible (Book of Eli), Khan (what a manbeast...), The Klingons Weapons, The Narada, The Sonic Shotgun, Identity Disc, James Bonds Aston Martin, Rick Dekards Gun, The Smart Disc (Predator 2), The Genesis Device, The Phaser, and Kreugers hand...claw....thing

People in movies I consider Weapons: General Zod, The Joker (guy is a ticking time bomb), The Hulk, Iron Man, Bane, The Mandarin, Ras-Al-Gul, The Predtor, The Alien, Jason Vorhees, Freddy Kreuger, The Lizard, and Darth Vader...I watch too many movies haha

I'll add in TV also. I don't watch too much violent TV...but MICHONNES SWORD and DARYL'S CROSSBOW

• 6 posts
    July 12, 2013 1:17 AM EDT

One word...Excalibur

• 10 posts
    July 12, 2013 1:31 AM EDT

The special books in fire emblem, I forget their names, but they have some of the coolest effects for a gameboy.

Also the Predators from the movie, or their suits, if they can be considered weapon, you got invisibility, heat seeking missles, a sharp blade that can cut through almost everything. Whatever you need it has.

• 209 posts
    July 12, 2013 3:17 AM EDT

haha I just want to point out one part of this 'The Bible (Book of Eli)'... The Bible.... Thats deep.

• 661 posts
    July 12, 2013 3:24 AM EDT

Spartan-IIs

• 32 posts
    July 12, 2013 9:34 AM EDT
    I take that back,....my favorite weapon is the multi-purpose gun from the movie The fifth Element
    • 17 posts
    July 12, 2013 10:42 AM EDT

I have a list aswell

Game: Hidden blade in AC, Crossbows in Skyrim, Chaotic Warhammer Runescape.

Movie: Wands (Harry Potter), All of the weapons from the Witch King of Angmar in Lotr, Daggertail from Prince of Persia,  Rambo's knifes, Blackbeard's sword Pirates of the Caribbean, Crossbow from Hansel and Gretel witch hunters, Rail gun from Eraser.

And because I just love crossbows, Daryl's crossbow aswell.

• 19 posts
    July 12, 2013 11:07 AM EDT

Beat me to it....I figured this would be the very first, or at least the 2nd answer.

Agreed though...Lightsaber.

• 8 posts
    July 12, 2013 12:23 PM EDT

Gravity Gun from Half-Life 2.

• 1 posts
    July 12, 2013 1:02 PM EDT
    Have to say Grimoire Weiss, from Nier for a game. Movies; the Schwartz light saber from space balls. "I hate it when my Schwartz gets twisted!"
    • 4 posts
    July 12, 2013 2:59 PM EDT

here is my top 3:

3) Glamdring from the hobbit / Lord of the rings. This sword is so simple yet so stylish, I really think Skyrim needs swords more like this

2) Vorthelok! for me this is probably one of the ultimate swords... Vorthelok has the perfect balance between a realistic looking weapon and an epic decorated fantasy sword

1) finally the sleekest, the most stylish, the absolutely most beautiful and deadly Sedethul! for me this was a no brainer. I like swords that look good, but i don't like overly decorated swords that look like they might fall apart at any moment during battle. Sedethul has a simple base design but it is overlayed with beautiful details and magnificent look improvements. For me this is the ultimate sword design...  

• 10 posts
    July 12, 2013 3:20 PM EDT

The Penetrator from Saints Row The Third was funny to beat people down with. But my favourite is a Lightsaber.

• 490 posts
    July 13, 2013 12:35 AM EDT
    Rock-It-Launcher from Fallout 3. Such glorious, ridiculous violence.