Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim's Next Top Wife!

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    July 8, 2013 8:00 PM EDT

You should have seen Shor's prior comment. But it was deleted.. So, I think it's better to don't talk about it again.

Still, you have a point.

• 1913 posts
    July 8, 2013 8:11 PM EDT
    youre not alone, Underworld made sure of that
  • July 8, 2013 8:17 PM EDT

I'm just a universal donator.

• 116 posts
    July 9, 2013 1:20 AM EDT

Where's the husband division?  LOL

Also... what is everyone's obsession with Lydia?  I actually kinda hate her a litte.

• 116 posts
    July 9, 2013 1:21 AM EDT

*shudder*

• 1913 posts
    July 9, 2013 1:29 AM EDT
    we are no longer friends! :P

seriously though, i love her. she is good in fights, i love her voice, and she almost never derps for me... unlike almost every other follower except Frea and Serana... those 3 are the only ones i will use unless i am role playing a character who wouldnt meet them...
    • 75 posts
    July 9, 2013 1:42 AM EDT

I never thought of it that way. 

• 116 posts
    July 9, 2013 3:40 AM EDT

We were friends?  :-P

• 116 posts
    July 9, 2013 4:46 AM EDT

I think what bugs me the most about her is the fact that she is always sitting in my bedroom (not hers) eyeing my sweet roll!

• 209 posts
    July 9, 2013 5:00 AM EDT

Welcome to Vampiric anatomy with your host .......Bennnnnnn

• 108 posts
    July 9, 2013 5:57 AM EDT

What about Sylgja?

• 2 posts
    July 9, 2013 6:09 AM EDT

yes pls

• 2 posts
    July 9, 2013 6:10 AM EDT

This thread needs moar Frea (since someone already suggested Serana). She's cute and her voice is great c: and she fights pretty well too.

• 74 posts
    July 9, 2013 6:11 AM EDT

I suggested her already! 

She's a beast at fighting, I put her in all Carved Nordic with custom Stalhrim stuff and she tears apart everything faster than I do.

• 229 posts
    July 9, 2013 9:20 PM EDT

Lydia, if they gave her a good backstory and made her more prominent in the game it'd be even better.

• 8 posts
    July 9, 2013 10:01 PM EDT

I think that holds true for just about any follower in the game. It's hard for me to have a strong opinion about, well, any characters in Skyrim, frankly, because there's just no character development, no prominent characters, no...anything.

Homestly, I think that's one of the main reasons that Serana's so popular. Aside from falling into that "sexy female vampire" cliche, she is by far one of the most interesting characters in the game. She's one of the few that I feel any real desire to speak to, to learn about.

I wish Bethesda would do a bit more like that in future games, where they make other NPCs more important to the story. Like, for all its flaws, I think I enjoyed Oblivion's main quest the most out of the past 3 TES games, simply because it really did put emphasis on other characters and their development.

Like in Oblivion you see Martin going from a timid priest to a fully decked-out Warrior-Emperor, leading the front lines against several of the most vicious attacks in the entire Oblivion Crisis. And I felt much more invested in that questline than in any other in any TES game I've played, simply because it had likeable, interesting characters. I even remember that, on my first playthrough, every time I would return to Cloud Ruler Temple, I was always terrified that I was about to walk in on another Kvatch. I think that, by putting the fate of the world on the shoulders of someone that isn't the player, the story becomes much more desperate, because one thing I've noticed in TES quests is that the player is infallible. You don't really make decisions often, mostly all you have to do is survive. When you also have to protect someone, or something, else, the story has a completely new dynamic.

And it wasn't just Martin either, there were several supporting characters like Baurus and Jauffre that I came to like, and one thing that I really liked about the Oblivion main quest was that, after a certain point, most of these supporting characters had their "essential" mode switched off, meaning if they died, they died. I remember constantly reloading battles, not because I died, but because I refused to allow my friends to die. On my characters that used Restoration I always made sure to have a strong heal-other spell on me at all times, just in case I needed to pump someone I liked full of healing. I never really had any moments like that in Skyrim.

Sorry if I got off-topic lol, one thing just led to another I suppose.

• 88 posts
    July 11, 2013 4:31 PM EDT
    This is completly true! Apart from Serana ane maybe Erandur no character has any back-story.
    • 13 posts
    July 11, 2013 4:47 PM EDT

completly agree but Teldryn Sero from the dragoborn dlc has more of a backstory than most followers which still isnt saying much

• 88 posts
    July 11, 2013 5:22 PM EDT
    Man I need to get a dlc!
    • 13 posts
    July 11, 2013 5:43 PM EDT
    He doesn't have a huge one just describes that he has lived in both skyrim and morrowind and a previous client of his
    • 5 posts
    July 13, 2013 3:58 AM EDT

Rigel Strong-Arm

-Bandit

-Nord

-Working woman

-"Hairy"

• July 13, 2013 4:04 AM EDT
    +1 profile like to you, sir.
    • 5 posts
    July 13, 2013 4:35 AM EDT

Why, thank you! +1 to you too my fine gentleman!

• July 13, 2013 4:57 AM EDT

It's not just the backstory, I don't find Serana's backstory that epic. It's pretty much the lonely type who's parents didn't really care about, nothing out of the ordinary. There's some people in the Thieves/Assassins guilds who have their own backstories (Cicero in particular, Sapphire, Astrid...) but it doesn't make them better characters than Serana.

She's just mysterious. Don't know for you but from the moment I found her in game I was like "why the hell are you not attacking me or at least having that arrogant vampire attitude?", "you are thousands years old why do you have such an innocent attitude?" and so on.

She doesn't make a lot of sense and that's why she is interesting. Cicero could have that effect too if only the "clown assassin" wasn't already a copy/paste from Batman.

• 159 posts
    July 18, 2013 3:36 PM EDT

Sadia the redguard in the bannerd mare would make a good wife