Forums » Elder Scrolls

which weapons are best for a nord

• 24 posts
    January 9, 2012 6:39 PM EST

im stumped on which weapons and armour are good for my nord whos character is a blood loving murderer. i was thinking of two handed but i think onehanded should be more suited to him.

• January 9, 2012 9:03 PM EST

There isn't really a "Best" weapon, it's basically just whether you wanna do 1Hand + Shield or 2hander. 2 handers are slower and do more damage, 1 handers are faster, do less damage, can be dual wielded for lots of damage, and can be used with a shield. Your choice, I use sword and shield for my Nord Thu'um Master, and my orc uses a Big ol' Axe.

• 24 posts
    January 9, 2012 9:21 PM EST

never rlly big fan for orcs i usually stick to nord and elves mostly but im thinking two handed thu'um usin blood craving maniac. so thankyou for your info. 

• 12 posts
    January 9, 2012 10:12 PM EST

If you've already chosen Nord, they start with a +10 for 2-handed skill. They also have a boost for light armor as well. I've been enjoying dual-wiedling a sword and a mace.

It depends on your playstyle, especially with the armor selection. Choose either heavy or light, and wear whatever the best is that you have available.

• 24 posts
    January 10, 2012 7:18 AM EST

thankyou for the info and ive started usin heavy armour and am using 2-handed

• 3 posts
    January 2, 2013 3:59 PM EST

Its useful to use the Elemental Fury shout together with a two-handed weapon. If you then also take an orc's Berserker Rage, you have a two-handed warrior not to make fun with.