Forums » Elder Scrolls

Bosmeri Necromancers...

• 116 posts
    June 29, 2013 5:43 AM EDT

I have recently been doing a lot of reading up on Bosmer Lore (both here with Vix's posts and on the various Wikis) since it is one race I have never really had an interest in before.  But, since I swore to make a character for each race, I want to really get in the spirit when I make my Bosmer.

So, of course, I have read a lot about the Green Pact, and it along with general Bosmer cultural beliefs places a pretty big taboo across the whole idea of necromancy.  Which, seems pretty logical.  My question is, what are some ways to go around this ban?  It seems like the Green Pact is rife with loop-holes... like it being okay to buy lumber as long as the elf doing the buying had no opportunity to stop the logging and didn't have anything to do with it himself... or simply having wood imported.

Do you suppose that a Bosmer who very strictly follows the Green Pact could find a way to also practice necromancy?  Perhaps, as a way to understand the mysteries of death since, it too, is a force of nature and mirrors life.

• June 29, 2013 6:55 AM EDT

I think this is a good read - "Corpse Preparation," since it does mention Bosmer and necromancy. It doesn't actually say that Bosmer are forbidden from practicing it, only that primitive Bosmer do it. Then again, seeing as the Green Pact forces you to consume your fallen enemy, it kinda makes necromancy much harder to come by, unless you use the loophole thing and resurrect an enemy that has fell before or by your followers.

Then again I can be completely wrong here so I don't know. If the Bosmer aren't big followers of Araky, and you don't resurrect that which you killed, I don't see the problem.

• 116 posts
    June 30, 2013 1:20 AM EDT

I did read that... but it sounds to me like they are describing the practice of cannibalism as primitive... not the idea of abhoring necromancy.  As such, I wasn't sure how to take that exactly.  Oh well, mayhap I can play the idea as a Bosmer who has actually rejected the Green Pact, and taken to using his own twisted interpretation of how a true wood elf should live.  (Unless of couse another really good idea crops up.)

• 118 posts
    June 30, 2013 2:45 AM EDT
    Never play with your food
    • 116 posts
    June 30, 2013 4:14 AM EDT

Usually, I would agree.  But in this case... well, I get to bring it back to life!  How often does THAT happen?