Forums » Elder Scrolls

Remove Dawnguard

• 33 posts
    June 27, 2013 9:56 PM EDT

I was thinking about uninstalling Dawnguard... Vampires just seemed to be more fun before I got the DLC. They looked better, the fear and hated aspect helped role-play, plus it made you behave more like a vampire. What do you guys think???

• 291 posts
    June 27, 2013 9:58 PM EDT

Uninstall it only if you intend to make a brand new character.  I DO NOT recommend uninstalling ANY mod or add-on mid game as it will no doubt cause save game bloating, script hang ups, and general glitches.

• 33 posts
    June 27, 2013 10:01 PM EDT

Yeah I think that's how I was going to do it. Soon I will be the night scourge of Riverwood. 

• 106 posts
    June 27, 2013 10:03 PM EDT

I agree totally, but your missing out on alot too. For the RP aspect, then yeah do it

• 14 posts
    June 27, 2013 10:55 PM EDT

I just don't like how after Dawnguard came out every single character build out there used Vampire Lord (Even I'm guilty of this). But I love the storyline, I love the characters added, I personally think the Vampires look badass (them eyes) and The new armor looks sexy as hell. But it is your choice.

• 80 posts
    June 27, 2013 11:04 PM EDT

If they had left the same weaknesses that vampires had before Dawnguard it wouldn't have been so bad but they made it so you NEVER have to feed or worry about everyone being hostile towards you. Blood potions could have been very useful if they hadn't changed it.

• 33 posts
    June 27, 2013 11:55 PM EDT

Yes I agree High Priest - it seems pointless having those features in. I know that you there is the sun penalty, but I never really feel motivated to feed without the hated and feared feature. It creates a sense of fear, when you know that if you're caught, the whole town will be after you.