Forums » Elder Scrolls

Enchantment Combos

• 34 posts
    June 18, 2013 9:36 PM EDT
    Dwarven Black Bow of Fate can't be disenchanted... Otherwise that would be OP.
    • 80 posts
    June 18, 2013 10:40 PM EDT

Like chaos damage isn't completely OP.

• June 18, 2013 10:46 PM EDT

Must be a glitch. I remember it didn't work on my friend's game.

• 34 posts
    June 18, 2013 10:59 PM EDT
    Its not a glitch. They Bethesda doesn't want it to be disenchanted.
    • 34 posts
    June 18, 2013 10:59 PM EDT
    Well with the two together, they would be rather powerful.
    • 80 posts
    June 18, 2013 11:20 PM EDT

I still wanted chaos damage on a staff but for SOME reason the staff enchanter is limited to vanilla effects only.

• June 19, 2013 1:04 AM EDT

When I disenchanted it, my game froze for a second, and the enchantment was "Chaos_Absorb.dat" or something like that. Or it could be because my friend messed with my PC version of the game, where I got the enchant.

• 74 posts
    June 29, 2013 10:45 PM EDT
    I prefer to use magic and wear robes (then I switched to Vampire Royal Armor, with Dawnguard),but when my magicka reserves are depleted I break out the Blade of Badassery, an Elven dagger enchanted with absorb health (since it fits my high elf vampire, Quarindil) and Fear, so my magicka will recover whilst my enemies cower at my presence (although it sucks at higher levels.) Also, I would use Absorb Health + Paralyze, but I don't, partly because I feel it's overpowered, but mostly because I have yet to find a weapon with paralyze, and I don't want to disenchant Chillrend, or whatever it's called.
    • 1595 posts
    June 30, 2013 2:01 AM EDT

Can I make myself really unpopular and say the best enchantments are ones that can make you strong in areas that would normally require training, freeing you up to explore different skills and perks?

I hate enchanting with a passion, but the way The Stalhrim Master and various other buildsĀ have used it make this skill great.

• 118 posts
    June 30, 2013 2:36 AM EDT
    It's always wise to carry multiple weapons for various situations. Recently I've been dabbling in enchanting (a field I know very little of) and have found, as primarily an archer, i have come to rely quite heavily on frost and damage stamina against any melee. Due to stamina being affected by the augmented flame and fire enchanter perks, when it's combined with another element you can get it doing insane amounts of stamina damage. If you combine it with chaos (as mentioned, chaos is basically a GG button) you can get damage stamina doing well into the 200+ range per attack which basically means you don't even need frost/slow since any melee enemy will be forced to walk towards you. Damage magicka can also be effective but i find it less helpful since kiting isn't too difficult.

For armour enchants i've been running stamina regen plus cost reduction (fort. Destruction). So far my character has pure stamina with the base 100-100 for magicka and health so I rely quite heavily on stamina regen to keep me alive. I was originally using absorb stamina but found it to be less reliable on the occasions that i missed a few shots in row.

I've been thoroughly enjoying playing around with enchanting as a primary skill and am going to look into trying something similar to the sorcery build. With all damage coming from enchantments you dont need to put any perks into traditional skills such as weapons. I might try using wooden swords instead of the silver weapons, smacking people with a wooden stick of doom just feels right. Been trying out an enchanted sword'n board style where i use a few fortify block enchants to max out damage mitigation without using any perks in block or armour. As mentioned earlier inthis thread, the fun part of enchanting is how much freedom it gives you to perk into skills you never usually do. A badass sorcerer perked out with speech tree to intimidate everyone...good times. Also going to try my hand at sneak character with zero perks into the skill since i have no need for sneak damage multiplier and can use muffle/sneak enchants on boots.

P.s.

A surprisingly challenging playstyle seems to be using only absorb health to heal. I used chaos and absorb health on a skyforge greatsword and only allowed that for healing and found it was a lot harder than i originally expected.
    • 52 posts
    December 30, 2013 8:21 PM EST
    I think for dual wielding weapons Chaos damage + absorb health would be a killer combo. (Make sure to get all the augmented perks in Destruction skill tree, get the Aspect of Terror perk in Illusion, the elemental enchanter skills in the Enchanting skill tree, and wear one of the elemental masks in the Dragonborn DLC.
    • 39 posts
    December 30, 2013 8:30 PM EST
    I like maxing out enchanting and alchemy for some build you know why? I make a ridiculous fortify enchanting potion while wearing ridiculous fortify alchemy enchantments. When I drink the potion and make the enchantments then my enchantments are super OP, just the way I like it. Anyway on to the enchantments, I like dual wielding so I can rapidly mix the enchantment effects thus giving an OP effect. I like using a paralys and fire damage on my offhand and absorb HEAKTH with fire damage on my main hand, it's quite fun when I can 5 hit kill a bandit chief with no risk of dying, again just the way I like it
    • 22 posts
    December 31, 2013 12:10 AM EST

If you have dragonborn installed my favorite combo is chaos enchant with an absorb health enchantment. Another good one is fiery souls with shock damage. For dragons I use stamina and magicka damage.

• 39 posts
    December 31, 2013 12:25 AM EST
    Scratch my earlier comment, I just use whatever game breakingly overpowered enchantment I can make.
    • 95 posts
    January 8, 2014 7:05 AM EST

My favorite enchant combo already exists on a weapon: Chillrend (frost dmg + paralyse). Usually I try to avoid this skill, leveling it is too hard, and if you reach lvl 100 the character will be OP.