Forums » Elder Scrolls

Enchantment Combos

• 34 posts
    June 15, 2013 3:50 AM EDT
    What are some of the best enchantments to have on armor and weapons? I already have fire damage and fiery soul trap picked out, so that's one. This is all your honest opinion.
    • 253 posts
    June 15, 2013 4:11 AM EDT

I am a big fan of absorb health + absorb magicka. It is a great and versatile combo that suits hybrid characters. If you like stopping people in their tracks, frost damage + paralyze is good, since frost slows them as well. 

• 80 posts
    June 15, 2013 4:18 AM EDT

I prefer pre-enchanted weapons as they're not at risk of being ridiculously OP.

That said, I guess absorb magic + shock damage against mages is a good enchantment combo and absorb health and stamina for melee enemies.

• 34 posts
    June 15, 2013 4:33 AM EDT
    I'm with you on that one! I train to 100 and that's it. My smithed weapons will be legendary (unlike Eorlund's steel :D) and that's that. Same for enchanting and alchemy.

So what about some armor combos too? Mostly to help against peaky vampires trying to steal my blood... Maybe Health Regen + Resist Disease with a Health absorb + paralyze/turn undead?
    • 49 posts
    June 15, 2013 4:41 AM EDT

I don't use enchanting a lot because it gets OP quickly and it almost never suits the roleplay of my character. but for armor: Health regen+ Fortify carry weight and as a weapon: Absorb Health+Frost

• 708 posts
    June 15, 2013 4:58 AM EDT

Absorb Magicka/Absorb Magicka (the ones from the ghost weapons in Labyrinthian count as separate enchantments) is pretty ridiculous on a dagger using the Staff of Magnus in the other hand. Burns away their magicka like crazy, switch out the dagger for a shock spell once they're out and they die pretty quick!

• June 15, 2013 5:41 AM EDT

Bane of fire/frost atronachs: Weapon with fire and frost damage. Armor with resist fire and resist frost.

• 25 posts
    June 15, 2013 6:35 AM EDT

Talking about Labyrinthian,does the place respawn? I think I never picked the bow over there.

• 34 posts
    June 15, 2013 11:59 AM EDT
    The Labyrintian never respawns. It could be your home too!
    • 80 posts
    June 15, 2013 12:13 PM EDT

I rarely enchant my armor with anything other than cost reduction and/or Magic Regen but against vampires Health Regen + Resist Disease seems like a save bet

• 127 posts
    June 15, 2013 12:25 PM EDT

I only use paralyze for 1 second, as it actives randomly. I roleplay it as a "Critical Hit".

• 34 posts
    June 15, 2013 6:58 PM EDT
    Chaos Damage + ----- would be good?
    • 185 posts
    June 15, 2013 7:06 PM EDT

I Hate Enchanting...

Absorb Health + Absorb Stamina Is The Best Enchantment For A Warrior

I Use the Ebony Blade,quick attacks + absorb health is overpowered...

• 34 posts
    June 15, 2013 7:14 PM EDT
    Ok... Most useful.
    • 268 posts
    June 18, 2013 2:53 PM EDT
    I love using enchanting with non smithed weapons. Like Mason's Sorcerer or Ponty's Soulknife. My first character maxed smithing and enchanting. I played one quest after that and never played him again, he was way too OP. I love the Drain blood/heart/spell and Absorb health/stamina/magicka combos, lots of absorbtion is great. Or frost and fire.
    • 661 posts
    June 18, 2013 3:36 PM EDT
    Paralyze for one second and drain stamina. The funniest fun you'll have in ages.
    • 34 posts
    June 18, 2013 4:54 PM EDT
    Hey thanks for reminding me of those builds! I remember them having good combos.
    • 189 posts
    June 18, 2013 5:19 PM EDT

Fire Damage + Turn Undead.  If you're wearing Ahzidal, or if you have the Illusion perk "Aspect of Terror", you can get Turn Undead effect up to a magnitude of 50 by combining it with Fire Damage, and using the Seeker of Sorcery black book power.  This is notable because Dragon Priests are level 50.  Throw that on a Silver Greatsword, and add a Flame Cloak or Stendarr's Aura, and you have the ultimate offense against the undead.

• 34 posts
    June 18, 2013 5:22 PM EDT
    Wow! This is one of the most helpful hints yet. I do hate those Dragon Priests. Thanks I'll have to try that one out.
    • 189 posts
    June 18, 2013 5:48 PM EDT

I forgot to mention that you also need Augmented Flames 2/2.  Possibly the Fire Enchanter perk as well.  But if you're going into custom fire enchantments, that probably goes without saying....  Also, I've only tested this with Frost Damage/Fear and Dukaan, using the relevant frost perks, but I see no reason why it would be any different with Fire Damage/Turn Undead.  The buff magnitudes are all the same.  And it does top out at exactly 50 on the fear effect.

• 360 posts
    June 18, 2013 5:55 PM EDT
    I preffer unenchanted weapons because i like to use elemental fury, probably from overusing darkmoon blade and sunlight blade on dark souls, i started to love when you use the temporary weapon buff and just slay everyone like a badass
  • Tim
    • 89 posts
    June 18, 2013 8:46 PM EDT

Yeah, I like doing that, those two also keep your bases covered for both types of dragon

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    June 18, 2013 8:47 PM EDT

or most boring

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    June 18, 2013 8:51 PM EDT

One of my favorite things to do is carry around several sets of gear for different magic schools. If you get the cost down to zero, you can cast really high level spells for no magicka from any school as long as you wear the corresponding gear. Saves a ton on perks too and is great if you want to still use magic after making a magic skill legendary.

For weapons, I love Soul Trap 1 second and Absorb Stamina 1 point. Fiery Soul Trap is all the better. The absorb stamina 1 point means constant power attacks. By dropping the magnitude all the way down you hardly ever have to recharge.

• June 18, 2013 9:30 PM EDT

Absorb Health and Stamina destroys warriors.

Absorb and Damage Magicka decimates mages.

Paralyze and Fire Damage will leave them helpless.

Ice and Shock Damage is great for anything.

(This is a personal favorite.) Chaos Damage and Chaos Absorb (You get it from the Dwarven Black Bow of Fate.)