Forums » Elder Scrolls

Your Characters

• June 14, 2013 2:06 PM EDT

I don't think ignorance is the right word. Tullius hates the dominion probably just as much as Ulfric does, except Ulfric figures there isnt anything else to lose so he's open about his hate. 

In Ulfric's case, his only allies are the Stormcloaks, who are all nord. SO logically, if you aren't a nord, then you're most likely for the enemy. Which is evident with the Dark elves in the corner club having Imperial armor. 

it's not like his suspicions and hate are unfounded.  

• 229 posts
    June 14, 2013 2:07 PM EDT

I'm not the best with builds either Remy, so don't feel bad or give up. Either keep trying, or ask for help from someone experienced like Ponty or Mason.

• 229 posts
    June 14, 2013 2:09 PM EDT

Lol, I have a Pacifist character too named "Bill the Argonian" as a joke. I rarely play him however

• 167 posts
    June 14, 2013 2:18 PM EDT

What are you on about Brynjolf? Tullius states at the end of the Civil War on the Imperial Side that he has come to respect the Nords traditions.

• 1913 posts
    June 14, 2013 2:19 PM EDT
    he doesnt improve their living condition because they are an untrustworthy people, and they state they are neutral in the war... what idiotic leader would waste money on people who dont even side with you when you could continue to fund your army and keep the people's morale up?
    • 1913 posts
    June 14, 2013 2:22 PM EDT
    at the end Miraak! it takes a whole questline!
  • June 14, 2013 2:34 PM EDT

yes, it does imply that Tullius, and by extension, the Empire, have/has taken the nords for granted. They told Balgruuf that he had to deal with the White-Gold Concordat. The Jarls didn't have a say. The Empire promised Ulfric free talos worship then retracted that. 

The Empire has not stuck up for them, they've been too focused on the Dominion and haven't paid attention to their people's feelings. 

Ulfric just thinks it's time for skyrim to leave this relationship. Skyrim has been devoted to the Empire, but the Empire's like "meh" so if you were in a relationship with someone like that, wouldn't you leave?

• 1913 posts
    June 14, 2013 2:40 PM EDT
    depends if your the type who liked abusive relationships
  • June 14, 2013 2:42 PM EDT

no one likes abusive relationships. If they do, they are lying to themselves. SERIOUSLY LYING TO THEMSELVES. 

• 1913 posts
    June 14, 2013 2:45 PM EDT
    i know... i have personal experience with that. i won't go into details of it but i will say the relationship is over and the one who was abused is a lot happier now
  • June 14, 2013 2:46 PM EDT

just like Ulfric....

• 11 posts
    June 14, 2013 2:59 PM EDT

I usually play my stereotypical Nordic Viking named Tristan, currently level capped. He goes by the stereotypical Viking tradition and uses an axe as his main, a sword as his backup, and a wooden shield I managed to pilfer from the corpse of a guard. Originally, I was going to choose the empire for him since I loved the empire in the last game, but I sided with the Stormcloaks. I respect each side, on that debate.

That's about it.

• 167 posts
    June 14, 2013 4:09 PM EDT

*Likes Comment*

• 1913 posts
    June 14, 2013 4:14 PM EDT
    i feel like an idiot for not knowing who that is...
    • 365 posts
    June 14, 2013 4:19 PM EDT

I play, as most people know, a Male Breton Assassin/Witchhunter (Elementalist + Bow) called Nendir Olaffsen, appearance based on myself, and usually dressed in some green exquisite robe-y drab....

Alignment: Chaotic Good/Neutral (on an axis) also has a tendency to thieve stuff aswell.

Worship: Talos and Meridia

Civil War Siding: Stormcloaks.

• June 14, 2013 8:59 PM EDT

Yeah after a Draugr Wright killed Lydia completely, he lost his mind and dabbled in conjuration to try and revive her, but he was contacted by Miridia and remembered the ways of the solemn warrior he once was. Now he fights the Draugr to honor her memory.

• 229 posts
    June 14, 2013 9:10 PM EDT

How are they untrustworthy? Besides, how does he keep the morale up, and what amazing stuff does he get his troops? He gives them old guard armor and most of them use their own weapons. The only stuff he did get for them was officer uniforms, and a weapons for those who don't have their own, and even then they're bad quality. Besides Bryn, of course they're not going to support Ulfric, the reason they don't side with him is because he doesn't care about them thus they don't want to help. If he fixed up the Gray quarter and treated them fairly I'm willing to bet they'd help the war effort because they'd actually have a good home to fight for. Notice how when the imperials came in, the Dark Elves are being treated better according to them and plans are being made to later renovate the Gray Quarter and bring the Argonians in.

• 1913 posts
    June 14, 2013 9:15 PM EDT
    seyd... we are not doing this... your discussion got closed before, they'll do it again.
    let's leave it as the morality of the groups depends on how you view them, either side can be viewed as good and bad equally.
    • 229 posts
    June 14, 2013 9:40 PM EDT

Fair enough, I just view Ulfric in a different light is all. While I understand stuff has been bad for Skyrim and their people, and the Worship of their god banned, I just believe that Ulfric isn't really looking at the situation as a whole. It's not as if the empire wanted to do it, but it was either that, or the end of there empire. If they hadn't agreed to it, they would've been exterminated and Skyrim controlled Exclusively by the Thalmor. The war in Skyrim just further weakens the empire and the dominion will take it down. Despite this, I would still side with Ulfric, it just seems like he's really racist and demanding which is why I view him in a bad light.

• 1913 posts
    June 14, 2013 9:53 PM EDT
    i understand that. but in my eyes, maybe the empire needs to fall... nothing lasts forever
    • 30 posts
    June 14, 2013 10:13 PM EDT

Some of the characters I've made:

Fenris (Nord Male) - Heavy armor warrior using both two-handed and sword and shield. My first dedicated character. Completed the Companions and the Main Questline. Was one step away from joining the Stormcloaks, but after witnessing Ulfric's petty attitude during Season Unending, that idea went down the toilet pretty quick. Retired.

Maximus (Imperial Male) - Warrior/Crusader. My canon Dragonborn, Completed the Imperial and Main questlines. Thane of most Holds. Original version of him is retired, planning to remake his character with several revisions.

Freyja (Nord Female) - Barbarian. Only character of mine to complete the Stormcloak questline. Is now a drunk in Solitude, regretting putting Ulfric into power. Retired at level 9.

Raven (Breton Female) - Vampire Battlemage using frost magic and wearing light armor. Completed the College questline and currently doing the Imperial one.

Tiberius (Imperial Male) - Archer/Swordsman/Thief. Currently doing the Thieves' Guild  and Main questlines.

Seethes-With-Rage (Argonian Male) - My most recently created character. A Bounty Hunter who fights with a mostly Barbarian skillset. May or may not do the Main questline..

• 1913 posts
    June 14, 2013 10:16 PM EDT
    Was Fenris named after the character from Dragon Age 2? I f so, you just made a friend :)
    • 1913 posts
    June 14, 2013 10:25 PM EDT

I forgot about one of my most favorite characters:

Sonja Frost-Heart:

a nordic huntress who becampo my longest running character (lvl. 44). She was a hunter always looking for bigger game. She was brash, headstrong, and sometimes rude... But she always protected those who needed help. She learned to calm herself thanks to Paarthurnax (that's why she refused to kill him, even though she lover to hunt dragons). She now lives in a shack somewhere near Falkreath with her husband, Vilkas, and their adopted daughter... Sonja trains with her in hopes she'll be a hunter too.

• 229 posts
    June 14, 2013 10:52 PM EDT

True, it just seemed like when they were in power they usually helped all the provinces. If the Thalmor took over, they'd only support the elves, and the only other group being the Empire who I've seen and heard do many more good deeds. I just feel Ulfric is missing the big picture on the situation. If he would not fight for awhile and help build up Skyrim's defenses as well as resources, when the inevitable war came, the empire would have a better chance of winning and Talos worship could be restored.

• 229 posts
    June 14, 2013 10:53 PM EDT

Me too...