Forums » Elder Scrolls

Your Characters

• 229 posts
    June 13, 2013 10:00 PM EDT

When I first came to the Skyrim blog, the first thing I noticed was the Character Builds. There are so many of them, each unique in it's own special way, whether backstory, or set up. There are a lot of us here on the blog, and from what I've heard from you guys and seen, you all have cool, creative characters. While I have one or two interesting ones, I doubt they hold much to some of the ones you guys create with interesting backstories or play styles. So, I was wondering, what are your characters guys? I don't care if you think it's a bad or not, I'd like to hear what you guys do. Majority of what I know about other people's characters are from stuff on the blog, and the few guys at my school who play it as well. I've already posted my main character (Very Bland) awhile ago, but now I wanna see yours.

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2013 10:03 PM EDT
    I have an Orc warrior named Shala. she is currently level nine and is contemplaiting on who's side she will pick for the civil war
    • 1913 posts
    June 13, 2013 10:09 PM EDT
    also I have a Nord named Wolff Snow-Song (bard). I'm also planning on making a new Nord (a remake of my first character for skyrim (I had to delete him because of a glitch that made him unplayable... The next day... there's a patch to fix the glitch... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-))... Trying to come up with a name for him, "Dovah" won't cut it
    • 229 posts
    June 13, 2013 10:10 PM EDT

That was a tough choice first time around for me. I found it hard to choose because I loved the Empire in Oblivion but in Skyrim they seemed more evil in the beginning and I reluctantly decided to go with the Stormcloaks. I was just about to take the Oath when I decided to think about it more. I was doing the main quest when I found at the Thalmor Party that Ulfric was a puppet, and when I was negotiating at High Hrothgar how he was demanding entire holds to have a treaty while the empire wasn't demanding anything. I then decided to go with the empire after slaying Alduin.

By the way, if you're making choices on who to side with remember this, the Stormcloaks are racists and Orcs are usually heavy troops with the Legion, so unless you have a reason to hate the empire other than the beginning, I'd choose the empire.

• 229 posts
    June 13, 2013 10:12 PM EDT

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

Here, take a look at this if you plan to name it in the dragon language.

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2013 10:16 PM EDT
    on my first stormcloak soldier, i was a dunmer. Galmar sounded reluctant, but after a few battles he deemed her a true daughter of skyrim
    • 1913 posts
    June 13, 2013 10:17 PM EDT
    no, it will be a nord name like Jon Wind-Scar (that is not going to be the name)
    • 229 posts
    June 13, 2013 10:18 PM EDT

True, but why you side with the Stormcloaks when all the other Dunmer rot in the gray quarter?

• 229 posts
    June 13, 2013 10:20 PM EDT

Then Maybe this will help:http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2013 10:24 PM EDT
    Because (a.) an imperial tried to sentance her to death for being near the stormcloaks (b.) even though she didnt worship talos, she felt everyone has the right to worship him (c.) they seemed to care for the people of skyrim more than the empire (Tullius constantly insulting Nord traditions)
    • 229 posts
    June 13, 2013 10:38 PM EDT

True, but remember, Tullius isn't really insulting Nord Traditions, he just seems ignorant of them, after all, he hasn't been in Skyrim to long. I also respect their right to worship who they wish, and while I hate the Thalmor, If the Nords were in the Thalmor's place and they had their own version of Talos, what would you think the Nords would do? Also, they care about one province more than the whole continent, how is that good? Also, the beginning was a mistake, besides, if you were with a group of Stormcloaks and not binded I think they would assume you're affiliated with them. Also, didn't Talos make The elven queen Barenziah have an Abortion? 

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2013 10:45 PM EDT
    no, she gave that baby up i believe (Karliah!). Also, Tullius even says "You Nords and your tradtions" like they were morons. if someone saw you celebrate at a birthday party and called everyone a fucking idiot and then used the excuse that he was a forigner, you'd have Tullius (and even if you think their ways are strange, dont say it, its their land!)
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 13, 2013 10:57 PM EDT

I currently have four characters in Skyrim, two in Morrowind and two in Oblivion. Of course there's those that I play more often.

Skyrim:

My main, a Khajiit "Paladin", Vahak. He's my Dragonborn (I was going to name him "Do'vahk", but, you know...)

A Dunmer mage, that I roleplay as a Telvanni Wizard.

A Dunmer assassin, that I roleplay as a descendent of Ashlanders.

(In Morrowind, I roleplay one of his ancestors)

And a Redguard Knight.

Now, in Oblivion....

- A Imperial Knight, the Hero of Kvatch;

- A Breton assassin, who ends up at the Shivering Isles;

Now, in Morrowind:

The ancestor of my Dunmer assassin in Skyrim. Another assassin;

A Dunmer Warrior, member of House Redoran, the Nerevarine.

• 229 posts
    June 14, 2013 12:22 AM EDT

Karliah is her child, but not the one she had with the emperor.

Also, True, but Tullius barely says anything like that, just once in awhile and Ulfric insults just about every elven race there is, and even hates the races that do nothing, and he ALSO says it out of ignorance and hate, and  LOT more often.

• 1913 posts
    June 14, 2013 12:33 AM EDT
    no he doesnt. the only time he insults an elf in during the treaty and thats because she was a thalmor...
    • 1913 posts
    June 14, 2013 12:36 AM EDT
    he raises his voice against Galmar when he hears him say the main reason he fights is because he hates elves. and he never says anything to show any vendetta against them... the citizens do, but you cant blame the jarl for having racists there...
    • 229 posts
    June 14, 2013 12:53 AM EDT

But he does nothing to stop his citizens, he lets them threaten and harass all non nords and he makes no effort to improve conditions for any of the non nord races in windhelm.

• 1913 posts
    June 14, 2013 1:01 AM EDT
    america did something kinda similar to let black people in white schools... they were given death threats and required the national guard (many of which hated black people too)... yeah, Ulfric telling them to stop will do a lot...
    • 13 posts
    June 14, 2013 6:05 AM EDT

I have a Nord Illusionist named Ulren he is level 12 and is currently doing the dark brotherhood questline

• June 14, 2013 9:26 AM EDT

Eliko Daedalyn is my main and has been since Morrowind. He is a level 42 Redguard with light armor and a shield with his only companion Chillrend. He prefers to move up swiftly and stand up to his enemy for a longer fight. He is kind almost to an ignorant level, and has yet to pick a side in the war as he is more concerned with Eradicating the Draugr menace. Cave by cave, crypt by crypt.

• 59 posts
    June 14, 2013 11:38 AM EDT

Thats some intense role play. Reminds me of my first sorcerer. Was clearing dungeons to grab the souls. Til he had 200 and enchanting topped... It was fun to think the draugr would stay down now 

• 59 posts
    June 14, 2013 11:41 AM EDT

Hmm...

I finished my stunted mage (I'ts not a build cuz i cant write well, help welcome )

I am working on a Sorcerer/Chaos arcane archer.

A more magic version of the Impirial paradigm

The mage that uses runes and summons of the same kind (fire-fire, undead-poison and so on)

Besides that, I am a addicted crafter. Not much more to say.

• June 14, 2013 1:34 PM EDT

My current characters are:

Lvl 16 Orc Unarmed Badass (inspired by Robbaz) named "Fucking Hostile!!!"

Lvl 27 Breton Redemption Priest (aka Mason's Heretic) named "Krulldrake"

Lvl 60 Dunmer Swordsman (aka Henson's Hashshashin) named "Slashy McSplatter" = retired-ish

Lvl 71 Altmer Storm Swordmage named "Fus Doh Magoo" = retired-ish

• 22 posts
    June 14, 2013 1:43 PM EDT

Current main is Ra'jirra 

Level 18 Female Khajiit, Assassin/Archer/Alterationist. Playing the Dark Brotherhood for about the 4th time, but still enjoying it. Killing never gets boring. I consider myself a Khajiit Lover. 

Cats + Crustaceans = ---------------------------------------------------------------->

Leaving the civil war in the balance, I don't see how a Khajiit would particularly fill in the gaps. As well as using Firiniel's End (My favourittte bow), i'm finding alot of use out of the Wabbajack at the moment, helps with the alteration side.

Also still playing my Lord Black-Briar build at level 32, Nord, Male.

Getting less out of this character, but still enjoying the unique roleplay when I do play it. Beginning to incorporate The Foxhunter into it now also, mixing some unique gameplay in.

Finally my little Imperial farmworker, Haryn.

Married to Gilfre of course, living in Heljarchen Hall with some adoptees. Not much combat in this character, more a labour of love and some funny gameplay.

• 229 posts
    June 14, 2013 1:57 PM EDT

But Ulfric is the people's hero and his word would mean a lot to his subjects. Besides, he decides not to improve the Grey Quarter just because Dark Elves live there and not nords.