Forums » Elder Scrolls

What do you like more Werewolves or Vampires

• June 5, 2013 10:50 AM EDT

this has been going on my mind the recent while. While Paul was here he didnt have any votes to say witch one of the two you like more.

Me and my friends usualy have debates about saying wich one is better.

So werewolf

OR vampire

• June 5, 2013 12:19 PM EDT

Well depends, vampire or werewolf, I prefer vampire overall. But if it's Vampire Lord vs. Werewolf form, then I enjoy werewolf form a lot more (even if vampire lord form is a lot more powerful).

• June 5, 2013 12:33 PM EDT
    It's hard for me to pick.
    Both serana and aela got that booty meat.

I go vampire because there are perks you can use outside of VL form.
  • June 5, 2013 12:34 PM EDT

I would say vampire lord form is stronger (that doesn't mean better, I stated I prefer werewolf form), because you can heal a lot easier, you have the insanely overpowered vampiric grip spell, you can avoid any and all melee damage by hovering over water (and strafing to dodge the arrows), can call upon two summons rather easily (the werewolf summons have a cooldown), and all of that can be done from a range.

• June 5, 2013 1:56 PM EDT

I vote for Werewolf form, because as Ben has stated, once you get the controls down it is very powerful.  My Sorcerer/Werewolf playthrough was extremely OP.  I tried the Vampire Lord on one character and became frustrated with how exceptionally wonky the controls are while in VL form.  It is powerful, but I am not a fan.

• June 5, 2013 2:14 PM EDT

I would go werewolf. I enojoy vampires but i think werewolfes are just A) More fun to play B) Freaking insane stamina regen C) Sending people flying of the edge of cliffs and towers.

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    June 5, 2013 3:08 PM EDT

Well, "once you get the controls down" as you said is needed for werewolf, vampire lord form can be great too. But it does just come down to personal preference at the end of the day and I can respect that

• 28 posts
    June 5, 2013 3:31 PM EDT

In terms of lore I'd go Vampire, but for gameplay I'd go Werewolf.

• 33 posts
    June 5, 2013 4:57 PM EDT

Definitely werewolf. I just think that I would rather transform into a beast rather than a diseased goblin. Plus if you're a werewolf you get Hircine's blessing, rather than just being some whack job who likes blood.

• 1483 posts
    June 5, 2013 4:59 PM EDT

I like vampires more, but if it goes to the beast form I prefer werewolf. VL is more powerful IMO, but it just feels cooler to me to transform into a wolf rather than in some unknown species. I'd prefer to transform into a large bat!

• 32 posts
    June 5, 2013 5:14 PM EDT
    Def Vamps for me.
    • 80 posts
    June 5, 2013 7:35 PM EDT

Vampire for me.

I'm too lazy to constantly re-equip my armor after every transformation.

• 360 posts
    June 5, 2013 7:37 PM EDT
    I like both, can i pick a hunter?
  • June 7, 2013 10:10 AM EDT

I realy prefer werewolf becuase there more manly to me

• 69 posts
    June 7, 2013 11:24 AM EDT

I prefer vampires. But only with the Better Vampires mod. I just love the sneak attack that it gives you.

• 12 posts
    June 13, 2013 11:34 AM EDT

I prefer my wolf brothers. Vampires just feel stupid and boring to play as IMO. Whereas playing as a werewolf feels better and more natural. Death to the blood suckers!

• June 13, 2013 11:39 AM EDT

You have to admit vampire lords are ugly as hell.

• 118 posts
    June 13, 2013 11:55 AM EDT
    Once i figured out how to play properly as a werewolf (hit and run style) i fell in love with them, they easily outshine vampire lord form. That said when it comes to choosing one i usually go for vampires only because i absolutely hate the companions questline and i love the volkihar. I know i dont have to actually do the companions quests to be a werewolf but my OCD doesn't let me leave the questline unfinished so I just leave it untouched.

They never should have tied werewolves to the companions, if they had remade it into a standalone questline it would always be werewolf for me.
    • 118 posts
    June 13, 2013 11:57 AM EDT
    Better vampires makes this 1000% more fun. Turning lydia into a vampire is awesome, a melee tank and she uses life drain to keep herself in the battle...she's incredible! Mortals mask is also awesome to walk among the 'normals'.
    • 118 posts
    June 13, 2013 11:58 AM EDT
    Thankfully on PC we have mods for auto re-equip
  • June 13, 2013 12:16 PM EDT

I normally choose werewolf in my playthroughs because the only bad side is you cant get the resting bonus what is not really that useful, but when your a vampire the sun becomes a major pain and fire kills me almost instantaneous on legendary difficulty.

• June 15, 2013 6:30 AM EDT
  • June 15, 2013 6:56 AM EDT

Vampire Lord all the way.

1. There is no time limit while on Vampire Lord form.
    2. Vampire Lord Magic > Werewolf Melee Attacks.
    3. No need to equip your armor after every transformation, as it is already there, in contrast to the werewolf transformation, in which your armor is removed after going back on your mortal form.
    4. Werewolfs do not have a castle :D
    5. Blood Magic > Werewolf Claws.
    • 19 posts
    June 25, 2013 2:19 AM EDT

Vampires, from the beginning, before dawnguard. 

• 116 posts
    June 25, 2013 4:59 AM EDT

I honestly don't like either... and almost never use the transformations.  But, were I forced to pick one, I would go with the Vampire Lord solely due to the ability to hover!