Forums » General Gaming

Rune help

• 23 posts
    April 14, 2013 4:45 AM EDT

SO a question for anyone interested. I was wondering if the augmented flames/ice/shock effected how much damage their respected runes do. Also does augmented ice affect how much damage Ahzidals ring of necromancy does when the re-animated undead explode?

• 365 posts
    April 14, 2013 4:49 AM EDT

Destruction augmentation perks don't augment runes.

I found this out with the same question 2 weeks ago.

• 739 posts
    April 14, 2013 5:20 AM EDT

I've not played much with the ring of necromancy but it does sound like a fun tool if your undead actually die (explode) when they are supposed to...

If you gave a bandit an iron dagger poisoned with weakness to frost before reanimating it, then you have an amusing kamikaze corpse!

Do they explode the second they take damage or do they explode when they run out of HP?An average corpse is capable of doing a hell of a lot more damage than 50pts during their short life cycle, it seems that overall the ring nerfs your necromancy...

• 253 posts
    April 14, 2013 5:32 AM EDT

Darn it I just sold that ring yesterday! Would of been so easy to test! Unfortunately I just looked on youtube and that is not the case. They explode when hit the 1st time.Here is the link.

• 23 posts
    April 14, 2013 5:46 AM EDT

So they explode as soon as they're hit? If that's the case i might have to drop it from my build.

• 23 posts
    April 14, 2013 5:46 AM EDT

Thanks

• 253 posts
    April 14, 2013 5:52 AM EDT

Yup, it is pretty crappy.

• 739 posts
    April 14, 2013 5:52 AM EDT

If you watch that video from 2:30 you can see how rubbish the ring is. Two corpse explosions are unable to take out one bandit!

"What a waste of undead flesh"  Necromancer - Diablo 2

• 253 posts
    April 14, 2013 5:56 AM EDT

Hmmm actually I have an idea. Just get that ring and get a staff of revenants. Then just find a skeever or whatever and keep it raised. With sumoner 2/2 you could just sit back infinitely raising the same body for 0 magicka. 

Or... I wonder if this could work with the aetherial crown? If you had 20+ bodies and a chain reaction was possible that would be nasty!

• 23 posts
    April 14, 2013 6:01 AM EDT

If used right it could be a massive chain combo with the ritual stone, but other than that. I don't know it's use

• 1483 posts
    April 14, 2013 7:21 AM EDT

Give the ring to Serana. The chickens she raises all the time will now have use 

• 365 posts
    April 14, 2013 7:30 AM EDT

Never thought of giving Serana the ring! Wow....

• 23 posts
    April 14, 2013 7:59 AM EDT

Wow, good idea.